Fish: Tyron Smith projected to the Jets

shabazz

Reaction score
After he blows it?
I hope your happiness isn't tied to this actually happening....it won't make Dakota any less of a choke artist......especially if you're comparing him to a dude making 800k a year.

I have no dog in this fight so I don't need to see either team or player fail to vindicate any of my takes.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It's Fish......but honestly, this isn't a reach but if you are the Jets, why not use the 10th pick on LT

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...llas-cowboys-aaron-rodgers-retire-free-agency

Tyron Smith Signing with Aaron Rodgers' Jets Projected; Would Cowboys Icon Rather Retire?​

Tyron Smith Signing with Aaron Rodgers' New York Jets Projected; Would Dallas Cowboys Icon Rather Retire?

Sod!
Why would the Jets want a chronically hurt Tyron Smith (33) at what the fragile lad demand$?
Why would Tyron go into a new scheme and grind down his body in freezing weather? So far from Cabo.

It's just so ridiculous it may just work!

Gambit

Reaction score
makes me think of 2016 when we had that All World offensive line and great running game....if we had a Brock Purdy instead of a choker we'd have gone to the big dance fo sho
My memory is slipping some. Is that the game where Dak had a higher rating than Aaron Rogers, threw for 3tds over 300 yards and had 60% completion rate. The same game where the offense scored 18 minutes in the 4th quarter to tie the game just to sit on sidelines and watch Aaron Rogers pull of another miracle play on 3rd and 20 to put GB in FG range to kick the game winner and only 6 points in that quarter?

If that is the same game you sure do view football through lenses made of agenda.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Is Fish saying Dallas could get the Jets # 1 pick for 77 ? That’s absurd . First time he misses four games in a row Joe Douglas and Saleh will be pink slipped at seasons end .

rambo2

Reaction score
I hope your happiness isn't tied to this actually happening....it won't make Dakota any less of a choke artist......especially if you're comparing him to a dude making 800k a year.

I have no dog in this fight so I don't need to see either team or player fail to vindicate any of my takes.
Dak has a long way to go before the book is written.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Is Fish saying Dallas could get the Jets # 1 pick for 77 ? That’s absurd . First time he misses four games in a row Joe Douglas and Saleh will be pink slipped at seasons end .
No they're saying Jets have the 10th pick so if they want to be aggressive (mostly due to Rodger's age) they could hypothetically try to get Tyron on a one-year deal and use that 10th pick to get help elsewhere. Dallas can't get a pick since he's a free agent.

GMO415

Reaction score
Lots of HOF talent played here just to be disappointed to leave without ever coming close to a SB ring.

rambo2

Reaction score
No they're saying Jets have the 10th pick so if they want to be aggressive (mostly due to Rodger's age) they could hypothetically try to get Tyron on a one-year deal and use that 10th pick to get help elsewhere. Dallas can't get a pick since he's a free agent.
Tyron and Keon Coleman could be a pretty good combo.

exciter

Reaction score
$$$ talks though.

And that girl of his will make him play.
Man has been playing for below market value for years and took a pay cut for the team last year. Money has never been a factor… so why now?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because using the 10th pick on a LT is a waste of the 10th pick.

LTs don’t win Super Bowls. We’ve had three 1st team All-Pro linemen in the same year twice in the last 8 years and can’t win a wild card game with it.

You can usually always pencil us in for 2 every year (Martin and Smith) and it leads to nothing.

If you’re picking in the top 10 you go DT, QB, WR, LB or CB. Anything else is a waste of the pick.
Offlineman are NOT playmakers!
Only here in the CZ do they think they can win spending #1 picks on Offlinamen.
How about a QB.........you know the player that handles the ball the most???????????????????????
Anyone???????????????????

rambo2

Reaction score
Lol, no. That isn't even possible. You can't trade a free agent. Fish isn't saying anything. It is just click bait to talk about what is said out there in cyberspace. Tyron is likely coming back to Dallas for another year, at least that is what I think. I think he will have a team friendly deal with incentives for number of games played and he will get a lot of no practice days.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has a long way to go before the book is written.
Where have you been the book is already out and its a best-seller!!!

With every book, you also get Dak's top 10 picks 6's video...............oulala :muttley:

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It's Fish......but honestly, this isn't a reach but if you are the Jets, why not use the 10th pick on LT

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...llas-cowboys-aaron-rodgers-retire-free-agency

Tyron Smith Signing with Aaron Rodgers' Jets Projected; Would Cowboys Icon Rather Retire?​

Tyron Smith Signing with Aaron Rodgers' New York Jets Projected; Would Dallas Cowboys Icon Rather Retire?

They COULD use the 10th pick on a LT, if the right player is there.

With the 10th pick, they just need to make sure they get a slam dunk pro bowl level player. If Joe Alt (notre Dame) or the Osi kid from Penn State slides to 10, take him. Maybe even the Oregon State tackle.

But if they don't, you don't just take the next best OT, even if he's only the 20th best player in the draft. Get the best player...whether it's Verse or one of the top 3 best pass rushers, or one of the top 2 corners, or more likely the Huskie wide receiver or the LSU wide receiver if one of those 2 falls.

Jerruh drafts for need, which is dumb, and a sure fire way of getting the 60th or 70th best player in the draft with a 1st round pick, because you are just set in stone to take a DTackle, even if he's a FAT, SLOW, soft, turnstiles of a DT.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Maybe I've missed some things but:

1. Why would Dallas not offer the best 1-year contract for their own LT in an all-in season?
2. Why would Tyron a native of LA who has a couple children, have any desire to spend a year in NYC on a project that's a longer shot than the one in Dallas?
3. Renting a place in NYC that is nice with the type of privacy Smith covets would be very expensive.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

I would heat seeing Tyron in Green as much as I heated seeing Demarcus in puke Orange.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lol, no. That isn't even possible. You can't trade a free agent. Fish isn't saying anything. It is just click bait to talk about what is said out there in cyberspace. Tyron is likely coming back to Dallas for another year, at least that is what I think. I think he will have a team friendly deal with incentives for number of games played and he will get a lot of no practice days.
Agreed on all fronts.
I like Fish quite a lot as a person for his history in DFW but this feels like an example of how modern sports media has no retirement plan.
Devolved to straight up click-bait.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I would definitely trade Tyron if it means we can get a decent draft pick out of it.