Fisher - Are Cowboys blowing it up on purpose?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They aren't buyers, but they really haven't been for years. But they aren't sellers either. I mean they could have traded CD or Parsons for a boat load of picks and then tell Dak to either play it out or seek a trade. Then they would be tanking.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think they are playing hardball with Dak and his agent and are doing this whole thing as a ploy for negotiating.

“See we can’t get anyone to help in FA because of your contract…”. It honestly has to be something like this with these morons.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Interesting, some of us discussed this scenario today on another thread.

The Cowboys are just doing what they usually do. Someone who has covered the team should know that or just trying to say something to get clicks.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I’d rather them have a reset the cap year and do nothing that adds cap to future years than half asz it. Clear Dak’s cap hit and go from there. Heck, even if you resign him next year you’ve cleared out what will otherwise be a crippling cap hit about 4 or 5 years from now when the next deal ends if you restructure him and extend him 3 years. You know how many huge FAs you can fit under the cap with $60M in the first year of their deal? Here’s a hint. Chris Jones year 1 cap hit is $7M and he just signed a 5 year $160M contract.

my point being, either go for it or don’t but don’t do just enough. That keeps the money printing machine going for the Jones boys but it doesn’t win anything

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The Cowboys are just doing what they usually do. Someone who has covered the team should know that or just trying to say something to get clicks.
Completely different feel to it this year IMO....

*Coaching staff all on expiring deals
*Jerry went out and traded for a young QB a few months ago
*No real attempt to even bring back their own guys
*Several more holes in the roster than usual going into the offseason

This is way more than just passing on the initial few waves of free agency. This just feels like an evaluation year for 2025.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’d rather them have a reset the cap year and do nothing that adds cap to future years than half asz it. Clear Dak’s cap hit and go from there. Heck, even if you resign him next year you’ve cleared out what will otherwise be a crippling cap hit about 4 or 5 years from now when the next deal ends if you restructure him and extend him 3 years. You know how many huge FAs you can fit under the cap with $60M in the first year of their deal? Here’s a hint. Chris Jones year 1 cap hit is $7M and he just signed a 5 year $160M contract.

my point being, either go for it or don’t but don’t do just enough. That keeps the money printing machine going for the Jones boys but it doesn’t win anything
You see the bigger picture here. Yeah it sucks because 2024 is going to mostly be a waste of time for Cowboy fans, but if they do this right they be down and right back up in 2025 with a legitimate contender. Tricky part is going to be figuring out the QB situation, it would be nice if Lance proves to be the guy everyone thought he was out of college.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I chalk it up to sheer incompetence…..
And an utter lack of awareness of how this league has changed.

We have virtually no competitive advantage to any other team.

That is what you see at work here. This is not some sort of clever implosion to level set the franchise.

If anyone is foolish enough to pretend that we are the Dallas Cowboys and that the talent actively wants to go to Frisco as a prime destination, they need their head examined.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
giphy.gif