Fisher - Are Cowboys blowing it up on purpose?

Mcsports

Reaction score
You see the bigger picture here. Yeah it sucks because 2024 is going to mostly be a waste of time for Cowboy fans, but if they do this right they be down and right back up in 2025 with a legitimate contender. Tricky part is going to be figuring out the QB situation, it would be nice if Lance proves to be the guy everyone thought he was out of college.
If lance is the guy people thought he was, then what happens a year
From now?
Lance would be a free agent and commanding a huge contract too.
It only works if Lance guides this team further in the playoffs in 2024, and that seems unlikely. Not impossible but unlikely

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're all in.................
No doubt Dak gets a massive extension as we need the CAP to go Fa shopping................
joker-boo.png

Seems the old man ain't as stupid as some of you thought...........................
See boys and girls when the team is yours and you're worth over 20 Billion no dude who just came from a beat down in Panama is going to hold leverage over you!!!
Welcome to reality.
P.S. Oh no we might not make the playoffs and go one-and-done. LOL
BOOM

MikeT22

Reaction score
From now?
It only works if Lance guides this team further in the playoffs in 2024, and that seems unlikely. Not impossible but unlikely
Yeah, that trade was dumb, even for Jerry.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From now?
Lance is your near future starting QB haven't you realized this yet?
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

McMicah

Reaction score
The only scenario I would approve is if the Cowboys are offering Dak $45M and he’s laughing at them, and they are smiling right back and saying ‘Good luck protecting that blind side or scooting up in the pocket homie’

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
From now?
Sort of….a large contact doesn’t instantly mean highest paid in the league like Dak. Lance IF he plays this year and even if he plays well might not have the track record to get Dak level money. If Jerry wants to gamble on Lance he could go to him now with a Jordan love type of extension too to buy a cheap year or two.

You could be right but there are different things Jerry could do.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m rolling with it. Hopes are high! Until they extend Dak, I can check my feed with eager anticipation where no news is good news!

Of course, I’ll come back down to earth soon enough when we sign him to four for 220

chuck520

Reaction score
You see the bigger picture here. Yeah it sucks because 2024 is going to mostly be a waste of time for Cowboy fans, but if they do this right they be down and right back up in 2025 with a legitimate contender. Tricky part is going to be figuring out the QB situation, it would be nice if Lance proves to be the guy everyone thought he was out of college.

plymkr

Reaction score
it would be nice if Lance proves to be the guy everyone thought he was out of college.
If that happens then we will be set. This Lance trade and Dak’s performance in the playoffs and against playoff teams gives this theory credibility. Basically we drafted a rookie with this year’s 4th rounder. He possibly is the QB of the future. Jerry loves to be right and Jerry didn’t get off the phone without getting the trade done. Jerry would love to be right about Lance and show he outsmarted the 49ers. 3 things I want to say about the Lance angle:
1. Trent Williams said Lance will be a starter in this league.
2. Steve Young said the 49ers should have kept Lance and should not have traded him to the Cowboys.
3. The possibility of Lance becoming a quality starter is better than the possibility of Prescott playing well in the playoffs. So before the Dak fans say Lance is no good blah blah blah. Lance has not had much opportunity to show what he can do consistently due to injury. Dak had 8 years to show what he can do and 8 games in the playoffs. I feel Lance has a better chance of developing into the future QB than Dak has conquering his mental block of playing big time teams.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If that happens then we will be set. This Lance trade and Dak’s performance in the playoffs and against playoff teams gives this theory credibility. Basically we drafted a rookie with this year’s 4th rounder. He possibly is the QB of the future. Jerry loves to be right and Jerry didn’t get off the phone without getting the trade done. Jerry would love to be right about Lance and show he outsmarted the 49ers. 3 things I want to say about the Lance angle:
1. Trent Williams said Lance will be a starter in this league.
2. Steve Young said the 49ers should have kept Lance and should not have traded him to the Cowboys.
3. The possibility of Lance becoming a quality starter is better than the possibility of Prescott playing well in the playoffs. So before the Dak fans say Lance is no good blah blah blah. Lance has not had much opportunity to show what he can do consistently due to injury. Dak had 8 years to show what he can do and 8 games in the playoffs. I feel Lance has a better chance of developing into the future QB than Dak has conquering his mental block of playing big time teams.
Dakolytes want Lance off this team so bad...