Fisher - Are Cowboys blowing it up on purpose?

plymkr

Reaction score
We have an owner who has to take a DNA test and probably owes billions in child support. We have a QB accused of rape. The Cowboys are a mess.
Has he been accused of rape or is he trying to be extorted for money. Those are 2 different things. IDC much about Dak on the field but I have a hard time believing Dak would do something like that. I don’t want to say the woman is lying because I feel all sexual assault claims should be investigated but until I hear more concrete details I don’t feel it’s right to put Dak into that category.

But I strongly agree the Cowboys are a mess but I don’t feel Dak is contributing to that off the field, besides holding the team hostage with his contract.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
And an utter lack of awareness of how this league has changed.

We have virtually no competitive advantage to any other team.

That is what you see at work here. This is not some sort of clever implosion to level set the franchise.

If anyone is foolish enough to pretend that we are the Dallas Cowboys and that the talent actively wants to go to Frisco as a prime destination, they need their head examined.
Not only do we not have a competitive advantage, I dare say we are at a competitive disadvantage.
Other teams have professional GMs.
We have our top 2 front office positions manned by wanna be football men.
Example: 9.5 years of training Jason Garrett.
What competent GM would do that?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to keep the same crap going? Did you watch that GB game? How can anyone want that same garbage to be tossed out there next season?
:hammer: .......

it's as if this front office believes it's fooling people....

The only thing this team has done is fool themselves.

Go for it.....or blow it up....either or...
There is no middle ground....

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never watched this guy before but he’s entertaining
He has been a condescending super homer over the years but even he is getting tired of it.

When he starts spitting stuff in a less than glowing light. Time to pay attention with this because he is probably floating it out for his old buddy Jerry.

Same with Mickey Spagnola...when he starts talking bad about a player or coach...they are truly on the hot seat.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Completely different feel to it this year IMO....

*Coaching staff all on expiring deals
*Jerry went out and traded for a young QB a few months ago
*No real attempt to even bring back their own guys
*Several more holes in the roster than usual going into the offseason

This is way more than just passing on the initial few waves of free agency. This just feels like an evaluation year for 2025.
Exactly, this feels very different to me.

I have never seen a team after 3 consecutive 12-5 seasons, turn around and gut the entire roster.

This is either incompetence taken to an entire new level, or they are tanking on purpose..............the fact that I am not entirely sure which one it could be is even more disturbing:laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He has been a condescending super homer over the years but even he is getting tired of it.

When he starts spitting stuff in a less than glowing light. Time to pay attention with this because he is probably floating it out for his old buddy Jerry.

Same with Mickey Spagnola...when he starts talking bad about a player or coach...they are truly on the hot seat.
Great point my friend..............Mickey is the ultimate corporate mouth piece, he doesnt say anything out of turn without checking first with the higher ups.

Like you said, once Mickey turns on you then your time as a Cowboy (coach or player) is numbered.

reddyuta

Reaction score
blowing it would be trading Dak,this is the same thing they have done ever since Stephen took over.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Fishzilla Is All In
4682940.jpg

plymkr

Reaction score

Yep. My biggest takeaway was Fish actually said it. He’s usually a big time enabler of Jerry and Dak. This might be the most telling sign.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If lance is the guy people thought he was, then what happens a year
From now?
Lance would be a free agent and commanding a huge contract too.
It only works if Lance guides this team further in the playoffs in 2024, and that seems unlikely. Not impossible but unlikely
GM a Jeruh could resign Trance next year with an incentivized contract and an opportunity to start.

Darnold just signed for $10M.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Why would anyone want to keep the same crap going? Did you watch that GB game? How can anyone want that same garbage to be tossed out there next season?
Spot on. It's so easy for fans to say, after the GB game, we just need a running game, stop the run, a few LB's ....oh and a couple of O-Line men and even then we're not sure our QB is able to play behind in the score line.......EASY TO SAY, HARD TO FINANCE. So we're paying off the credit card, see how the lesser roster which is still capable of what we've achieved over the last three years and then 2025 we've got our first period of decent CAP availability.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I’d rather them have a reset the cap year and do nothing that adds cap to future years than half asz it. Clear Dak’s cap hit and go from there. Heck, even if you resign him next year you’ve cleared out what will otherwise be a crippling cap hit about 4 or 5 years from now when the next deal ends if you restructure him and extend him 3 years. You know how many huge FAs you can fit under the cap with $60M in the first year of their deal? Here’s a hint. Chris Jones year 1 cap hit is $7M and he just signed a 5 year $160M contract.

my point being, either go for it or don’t but don’t do just enough. That keeps the money printing machine going for the Jones boys but it doesn’t win anything
Spot on. The GB game showed that team wasnt good enough....if you want to build around Dak, then the team has to be able to stop the run (as the blueprint is, take the lead, run the ball, stop Dallas run game and Dak will struggle)......cant fix that with our present CAP.
The failure with the 'restructure and go All-In' argument, is itll kill the 2025 CAP, and Dak is a FA who can just walk away as he's bleed the CAP.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Never watched this guy before but he’s entertaining
He used to be "the guy" in the media until social media completely took over. Since then he has been more interested in clicks than substance. Turned himself into a joke amongst Cowboys fans. Can still come through with quality content when thats actually what he is trying to do. I think thats what he does in this video

Toro9

Reaction score
What makes this guy any smarter or tuned in than any of us?