Video: Fisher: Coaching staff a little tired of Amari Cooper's unavailability

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Amari should I been traded after getting Cee Dee Lamb . 20 mil on amari is massive , and again he GM’s fault . He likes to keep the shiny stars , and their T shirt sales and hype etc . Zeke , amari , Dak etc etc . Forgetting to fix the other needs
Cooper is STILL the best receiver on the team though. I mean, it's not even really that close either right now.

That all may change this year, but at this moment Lamb and Gallup are not on Coopers level.

blueblood70

Reaction score
My player prove it comment wasn't directed at Lamb so much as he has to prove he's a good receiver as it is to prove he can be a great receiver. He was 27th in receptions, 25th in yards, 53rd in yards per reception and 51st in touchdowns. Good for a rookie, but hardly one of the best receivers in the league. Of course he didn't have Dak for very long (though to some here Dak's a lousy quarterback so missing Dak doesn't mean anything, but I digress) and that had to slow him down.

With Cooper's constant nagging injuries and Gallup's probably commanding a price next year that Dallas can't afford, Cee Dee does need to prove he can be the no. 1 guy, imho.

Which is not only unfair to the kid, I don't put those expectations on him, he can only do what he can do, he needs a team around him like anybody. Maybe "prove" is not the right exact word, but if you think the pressure's not on him to "blossom" in his second year then I cannot agree with that at all...

our off target qb throws giving CD some practice on making highlight reel catches all week at TC,, all reports and footage ive seen is ridiculous so far..bad throws = great catches
227652371_4845470815468650_363344097000036083_n.jpg

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Cooper is STILL the best receiver on the team though. I mean, it's not even really that close either right now.

That all may change this year, but at this moment Lamb and Gallup are not on Coopers level.
Pretty much this. People are forgetting the offense in 2018 before Amari. Beasley was our best receiver while Gallup was doing go routes.

Fast forward to today and I really don’t see much improvement from Gallup that Amari does great at. Lamb can be another Amari and for that reason, I would be ok for Amari, Lamb and another young WR while letting Gallup getting paid elsewhere.

If Amari gets hurt, I feel like Cowboys won’t miss a beat with Lamb. If Lamb get hurt, Gallup can’t match the production.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Nobody crapped on Cooper. That was such a weird reaction to what I said (that took you a whole day to come up with) I ignored it and hoped you maybe thought it through a little bit, but apparently you didn't.
You did. Anyone that can read knows it as well.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Pretty much this. People are forgetting the offense in 2018 before Amari. Beasley was our best receiver while Gallup was doing go routes.

Fast forward to today and I really don’t see much improvement from Gallup that Amari does great at. Lamb can be another Amari and for that reason, I would be ok for Amari, Lamb and another young WR while letting Gallup getting paid elsewhere.

If Amari gets hurt, I feel like Cowboys won’t miss a beat with Lamb. If Lamb get hurt, Gallup can’t match the production.
I respect your opinion even though it’s wrong. The Cowboys WR corps is top 3 in the NFL. Part of that is because of Gallup. He is arguably the best #2 WR in the NFL. Maybe you don’t remember a few years back when our best WR was Beasley who is a solid #2 WR. Or even before that when our WR corps was so bad Jerry traded away #1 draft picks for both Roy Williams and Galloway. Now this may be Gallups last year but not because he’s not great but they won’t be able to afford him as some team is going to pay him #1 WR money.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Gallup is no Cooper and Cooper makes Gallup better. If we see a decline we can entertain this, if we get what I expect there is absolutely no way you can do that. If you want to cut someone, cut Zeke.

You are right about Cooper and Gallup; but I believe CeeDee Lamb will be the number one receiver and Gallup can remain in his current role.

basel90

Reaction score

I disagree and many experts disagree. Cooper is injury prone and disappears on road games a lot . Cee Dee is faster and more effective and cost only a a fraction compared to Cooper . Look at the stats . Cee Dee is #1 on the roster . He will be gone after this season .

phildadon86

Reaction score

Coopers short space ability and his route running are incredible. I think people forget or dont watch the games and realize that Gallup and Lamb benefit GREATLY having Cooper on the field. Remember when Dez went down and some fans thought Twill would step up? Yeah how did that work out? lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I disagree and many experts disagree. Cooper is injury prone and disappears on road games a lot . Cee Dee is faster and more effective and cost only a a fraction compared to Cooper . Look at the stats . Cee Dee is #1 on the roster . He will be gone after this season .
CeeDee or Gallup would not have the production they have if Cooper wasn't on the team, in my opinion.

The opponents focus on Cooper the most because they know he is the biggest threat to do damage, which leaves CeeDee and Gallup to not get the full attention of defenses.. That all may change this year, but I'm going with Cooper until it does.

Also, the injury prone thing is overused with Cooper. He's never missed a game since we got him. He just doesn't practice.

JBS

Reaction score

you don’t know this. On one side of your mouth you say it isn’t close. Then you say that may change this year. Then you say they aren’t on his level right now. If lamb surpasses Cooper this year, that’s bc it’s either close RIGHT NOW or he’s outright better RIGHT NOW.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
you don’t know this. On one side of your mouth you say it isn’t close. Then you say that may change this year. Then you say they aren’t on his level right now. If lamb surpasses Cooper this year, that’s bc it’s either close RIGHT NOW or he’s outright better RIGHT NOW.
No, it's because Lamb could have gotten a lot better and Cooper could have regressed a lot. We won't know until we see it on the field.

Everything doesn't have to be a "gotcha" sorta thing, ya know?

You're the only one that seemed to take issue with the way I worded it, maybe it's a YOU thing.

JBS

Reaction score
No, it's because Lamb could have gotten a lot better and Cooper could have regressed a lot. We won't know until we see it on the field.

Everything doesn't have to be a "gotcha" sorta thing, ya know?

You're the only one that seemed to take issue with the way I worded it, maybe it's a YOU thing.

lololol you posted 20 mins before 90% of this board are even awake.
Now it’s a me thing? Hahaha, so it’s definitely a you thing. Stay in the sticks, country boy.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
lololol you posted 20 mins before 90% of this board are even awake.
Now it’s a me thing? Hahaha, so it’s definitely a you thing. Stay in the sticks, country boy.
The post you replied to was from Saturday, not today, not yesterday, not even the day before yesterday, and certainly not "20 mins before 90% of the board are even awake".....

Now, go ahead and get mad at me because you get caught up in things. Again, that is a YOU problem. Pay attention.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Zack’s not practicing either. Why aren’t you crapping all over him like you are Cooper? Huh?

Lawrence would be a closer parallel since both started out on PUP ... and both had minor surgical procedures in the offseason. Frankly, I'm for Cooper taking all the time that he needs to make sure he's as healthy as possible when he returns. We're a better team when we have a healthy Cooper out there.

Mannix

Reaction score
I sure miss back in the day when Parcells would decide if the player was sitting out of a practice or game....used to crack me up.

stiletto

Reaction score
CeeDee or Gallup would not have the production they have if Cooper wasn't on the team, in my opinion.

The opponents focus on Cooper the most because they know he is the biggest threat to do damage, which leaves CeeDee and Gallup to not get the full attention of defenses.. That all may change this year, but I'm going with Cooper until it does.

Also, the injury prone thing is overused with Cooper. He's never missed a game since we got him. He just doesn't practice.

CeeDee will be double-teamed or have coverage rolled to him all game if Cooper isn't on the field. Gallup and WR#3 (whoever that would be) would have to win a lot more matchups.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Appreciate the financial sacrifice ... but that is to be expected when you are Risen.

Hmmm, if I was a coach what would I do? The guy shows up & plays very well most every week. Doesn't have any off field baggage or create any drama. I've got a boatload of guys to evaluate for the final roster spots at the position. Seems beneficial to both sides. I'd be happy & leave him alone.
He obviously has a lot of foot and plantar problems as we know. The more you keep Amari off them in preseason the more likely he plays 16 games full speed. I think he is throwing stuff at the wall as well and sure coaches would love to have him out there and maybe a little irritated about the situation but that does not mean anybody is irritated WITH him.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Can’t answer why you crapped on Cooper for not practicing but you didn’t crap on Martin. Hmmm….Thanks for confirming my suspicion.
You're better than this Rock.

How many times have you ever see folks address Martin's commitment to football? I've seen it several times on Cooper. Now whether believes that or not on Cooper is for everyone themselves to decide.