Video: Fisher - Cowboys Coming Roster Moves

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
What are they going to do?

Spend draft picks for band aids? You're not getting anyone decent for lower picks and this team is most definitely not in the one player away position of dealing at 1st for someone that'll make any type of difference.
At times I do see teams trade lower draft picks for decent players. Especially those that are impending free agents.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Walker maybe.

Mathews and Leary are progress stoppers.

Play the damn kids or dont have them here.

Much rather see Anae and McGovern.

Unreal this team sometimes.

I'm with you but man I can't think but to think of how awesome this team has looked in the past with Leary and he is still at an age that isn't so bad for an interior Olineman.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'm with you but man I can't think of how awesome this team has looked in the past with Leary and he is still at an age that isn't so bad for an interior Olineman.
Yeah but his knees are done are they not?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Walker maybe.

Mathews and Leary are progress stoppers.

Play the damn kids or dont have them here.

Much rather see Anae and McGovern.

Unreal this team sometimes.
THIS^ PLAY THE YOUNGSTERS. MM needs to start Bernard,period. Kid has the it factor. He seems to make plays. We need willing tacklers and a spark.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
What are they going to do?

Spend draft picks for band aids? You're not getting anyone decent for lower picks and this team is most definitely not in the one player away position of dealing at 1st for someone that'll make any type of difference.

I'm not saying Jerry needs to go pull a Roy Williams trade but there are some intriguing unsigned players out there that could be brought it to kick the tires on. Or, yeah, maybe dangle a few late round picks in front of some teams. You see decent players get moved all the time for late round picks.

I guess to be fair, that is not to say they aren't behind closed doors, but so far it feels like they expect Player A from the PS to come up and make a difference.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How many times did Fish say the words "COVID clock" meaning it takes too much time to bring someone in from the streets this year with the COVID rules in place. Therefore, the Cowboys will stick with their own guys to patch up the holes. Bernard and Carr will be the guys they rely on to fill the holes. With that said, Delanie Walker is a TE talent available on the streets.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
YOU WILL MCKEON AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!!!

I actually think we will OK at TE, not great but bearable with a lot of two back sets replacing the plays designed for Jarwin.
Basically where we were at in 2018 at TE.

Praxit

Reaction score
Fish says they haven't reached out to Earl, Snacks, or or Ron Leary.

Fish thinks Clay Matthews, Ron Leary, or Delanie Walker could help this team. Snacks and Leary live right down the road and would run at the chance to join Dallas.

Fish thinks though that Carr and Bernard are the guys that will replace LVE and Jarwin on the 53.
..oh wow, if Clay is available get him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
How would Clay Matthews help anything?
He has played inside LBer before....in a 3-4. That in itself...would be a step in the right direction. We need people that have played in the 3-4 in the past. Our defense Sunday night looked completely lost. No discipline by the LBERS to stay home...and keep containment. We got absolutely burned by bootlegs all night long...and never adjusted.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YOU WILL MCKEON AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!!!

I actually think we will OK at TE, not great but bearable with a lot of two back sets replacing the plays designed for Jarwin.

Personally, I was shocked that I saw few, if any four WR sets all night.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He has played inside LBer before....in a 3-4. That in itself...would be a step in the right direction. We need people that have played in the 3-4 in the past. Our defense Sunday night looked completely lost. No discipline by the LBERS to stay home...and keep containment. We got absolutely burned by bootlegs all night long...and never adjusted.
Is this actually an attempt to justify moving Aldon Smith to MLB?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should be fine with Collins back. I'd try like hell to get interior line help as well. Or even a swing tackle. Another injury on the O-Line and season could be over. Erving couldn't beat out Steele, but he still has position flex. He comes back in in a few weeks.

It amazes and nauseates me that we gave Cam Erving more guaranteed money than the Chiefs are paying Kelechi Osemele for the year. Osemele looks to have actually made Kansas City's offensive line even better, certainly their left guard spot, while Erving is on track to be a total waste of $2.5 million.