Video: Fisher - Cowboys Coming Roster Moves

Plankton

Reaction score
It amazes and nauseates me that we gave Cam Erving more guaranteed money than the Chiefs are paying Kelechi Osemele for the year. Osemele looks to have actually made Kansas City's offensive line even better, certainly their left guard spot, while Erving is on track to be a total waste of $2.5 million.

On top of the money wasted on Clinton-Dix

cowboygo

Reaction score
It amazes and nauseates me that we gave Cam Erving more guaranteed money than the Chiefs are paying Kelechi Osemele for the year. Osemele looks to have actually made Kansas City's offensive line even better, certainly their left guard spot, while Erving is on track to be a total waste of $2.5 million.
Agree there, Osemele killed it week 1 for the Chiefs. The only thing I can think here is that the Cowboys wanted a swing tackle to replace Cameron Fleming, instead of a guard to replace Sua'Filo. The team felt fine getting Connor Williams back from injury, McGovern back from his redshirt year, and getting a rookie center to compete with Looney. Plan backfired for trying to justify our 2nd round pick in Williams. Hopefully he rebounds, because theres no one out there in free agency.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree there, Osemele killed it week 1 for the Chiefs. The only thing I can think here is that the Cowboys wanted a swing tackle to replace Cameron Fleming, instead of a guard to replace Sua'Filo. The team felt fine getting Connor Williams back from injury, McGovern back from his redshirt year, and getting a rookie center to compete with Looney. Plan backfired for trying to justify our 2nd round pick in Williams. Hopefully he rebounds, because theres no one out there in free agency.

I think you're right. They saw Erving as that swing tackle replacement for Fleming - for some unknown reason because he's never played well there.

I still have no idea why Connor Williams isn't even considered to play at tackle - the position he actually played before drafting him in the second round!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Fish says they haven't reached out to Earl, Snacks, or or Ron Leary.

Fish thinks Clay Matthews, Ron Leary, or Delanie Walker could help this team. Snacks and Leary live right down the road and would run at the chance to join Dallas.

Fish thinks though that Carr and Bernard are the guys that will replace LVE and Jarwin on the 53.

Leary? Ronald? Why hasn't he been signed by someone? Walker would be great.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Walker maybe.

Mathews and Leary are progress stoppers.

Play the damn kids or dont have them here.

Much rather see Anae and McGovern.

Unreal this team sometimes.

Where you going to play Anae? Do you even know what position Anae plays?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Leary? Ronald? Why hasn't he been signed by someone? Walker would be great.
He has a degenerative knee condition, osteochondritis dissecans.

That's why most were stunned Elway handed him that contract with all of those guarantees.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
That should be the oline solution. Badass at center, Looney at guard and conner williams at rt

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He has a degenerative knee condition, osteochondritis dissecans.

That's why most were stunned Elway handed him that contract with all of those guarantees.

Old news, but it all comes down to can he play or not. Put him on a 1 year contact.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Where you going to play Anae? Do you even know what position Anae plays?
Yeah I'm pretty sure I do.

Do YOU know what position old man Matthews plays??

Get back to me when you make the connection.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Fish says they haven't reached out to Earl, Snacks, or or Ron Leary.

Fish thinks Clay Matthews, Ron Leary, or Delanie Walker could help this team. Snacks and Leary live right down the road and would run at the chance to join Dallas.

Fish thinks though that Carr and Bernard are the guys that will replace LVE and Jarwin on the 53.

So Shultz starts? Yikes.

jnday

Reaction score
Walker maybe.

Mathews and Leary are progress stoppers.

Play the damn kids or dont have them here.

Much rather see Anae and McGovern.

Unreal this team sometimes.
Exactly what progress are they going to stop?