Video: Fisher: Cowboys irritated with Amari

Zordon

Reaction score
Robinson said through his conversations within the organization they are very frustrated with Cooper’s handling of injuries. Apparently last year they went overboard with his load management during the practice week and are not interested in doing that again this season.

HungryLion

Reaction score
They won't be irradiated when he's catching 90 balls for 1,200 yards.

Cooper is one of my least worried about Cowboys.

I agree. Cooper is the least of my worries for actually playing.

He has missed what? 1 game since joining the cowboys 2.5 seasons ago?

He almost always plays.

he just has the nagging plantar fasciitis injury. I see no reason to wear out his foot early in training camp.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Robinson said through his conversations within the organization they are very frustrated with Cooper’s handling of injuries. Apparently last year they went overboard with his load management during the practice week and are not interested in doing that again this season.

Tell the idiot geniuses to go overboard and stay in the water. Overboard load management in preseason got you 92 receptions, 1114 yards, and 5 TDs without his starting QB.

We already posted about this asinine coaching and organization thinking.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
He’s the vet leader in the WR room. I have no issues with Cooper on the field. I just wish he led by example in practice for all the younger WRs.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They won't be irradiated when he's catching 90 balls for 1,200 yards.

Cooper is one of my least worried about Cowboys.
It’s interesting….no one can say Coop doesn’t get the stats. But he does have a bad habit of disappearing in big games. In 2019, in several critical games where we really needed him, he literally disappeared.

Evidence in 2019:
  • Vs the Jets in that embarrassing loss 24-22 loss, he caught 1 pass for 3 yards.
  • Vs. pats in a must win in week 13. He was shut out.
  • Vs. Philly in the game that decided the division, he caught 4 passes for 24 yds.
In 2020:
  • In a big game against filly in week 8- 1 catch, 5 yds.
  • In another game that decided the division in week 17 vs the giants, he went 6 for 41 yards.
Hey Cooper is a very talented guy. And he does put up some monster games and numbers. But for the money he’s making, he also has a bad habit of disappearing at the most important moments.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The problem with Coop is we compare him to Irvin's work ethic, even in practice. It is the total opposite, 180 degrees. The perception of him and the body language he displays on the field is not what you want to see from your top WR and leader. But he does produce most of the time when he's in there. I'll wait til the regular season before i toss dirt on the man. But he better not disappoint with that big contract.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It’s interesting….no one can say Coop doesn’t get the stats. But he does have a bad habit of disappearing in big games. In 2019, in several critical games where we really needed him, he literally disappeared.

2019 was bizarre. Dallas didn't win a game when scoring less than 31 points, but also lost 3 road games when holding the opponent to 17 or less because they scored 10 or less in those games. In another road game they allowed the most points Chicago scored all season.

People still go on about the Jets game but the Jets were 7-6 with their starting QB while the Cowboys were 8-8 with theirs. It seemed like a big upset at the time but it didn't really turn out to be the case.

Still, the Super Bowl talk began again after that season. :muttley:

817Gill

Reaction score

Evidence in 2019:
  • Vs the Jets in that embarrassing loss 24-22 loss, he caught 1 pass for 3 yards.
  • Vs. pats in a must win in week 13. He was shut out.
  • Vs. Philly in the game that decided the division, he caught 4 passes for 24 yds.
In 2020:
  • In a big game against filly in week 8- 1 catch, 5 yds.
  • In another game that decided the division in week 17 vs the giants, he went 6 for 41 yards.
Hey Cooper is a very talented guy. And he does put up some monster games and numbers. But for the money he’s making, he also has a bad habit of disappearing at the most important moments.
I agree with the general principle of the post but that week 8 DiNucci game is not one I would list against him. Having a career best season with 4 different QB’s is pretty impressive honestly.

I think for this current squad he’s a great #1 because there are so many other weapons he’s not depended on in the same way a Michael Thomas for example is needed. But if you need him to be the engine of the offense like D Hop in Houston then you’ll be disappointed. Mostly because he quite clearly has the talent to be that good.

817Gill

Reaction score
------Cooper is one of my least worried about Cowboys.

I always worry which 4 - 5 games a season he is gonna decide to act uninterested in, and basically do nothing.
We have so many weapons that we should just cue up the decoy role whenever he does that and let everyone else have a day.

Functionally speaking there should be no real way defenses can cover all of the chain-movers on the O. Shouldn’t be many if any games where the offense isn’t productive.