Video: Fisher: Cowboys irritated with Amari

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with the general principle of the post but that week 8 DiNucci game is not one I would list against him. Having a career best season with 4 different QB’s is pretty impressive honestly.

I think for this current squad he’s a great #1 because there are so many other weapons he’s not depended on in the same way a Michael Thomas for example is needed. But if you need him to be the engine of the offense like D Hop in Houston then you’ll be disappointed. Mostly because he quite clearly has the talent to be that good.
I agree with you that he’s talented and important to the team. I’m just bothered by his contract. The Cowboys spend 25% of their cap space on the WR and RB position. That’s crazy. Having Cooper definitely saved our bacon in 2018. Since then, we haven’t even made the playoffs. That’s certainly not all his fault but considering his payday, so far having him is not producing much in playoff success.

Mannix

Reaction score
No different than what many within the Raiders organization were saying about his commitment and actual love of the game....NOBODY should be surprised about this.....I've been saying this for two years.

817Gill

Reaction score
I agree with you that he’s talented and important to the team. I’m just bothered by his contract. The Cowboys spend 25% of their cap space on the WR and RB position. That’s crazy. Having Cooper definitely saved our bacon in 2018. Since then, we haven’t even made the playoffs. That’s certainly not all his fault but considering his payday, so far having him is not producing much in playoff success.
Totally get it, but I think they’ve played it well because we will have plenty of evidence after this season on what we should do moving forward. The players will figure it out for us.

If Gallup/Lamb seem to be closing the gap significantly on Cooper to where they can be a #1, then you release Coop in the 2022 out he has in his deal.

If that doesn’t happen, you stay with Coop and let go of Gallup. With the depth and ability we have shown to have WR depth, Cooper will be the only big deal. The overall unit spending won’t be bad at all. By the time Ceedee is in line to be paid Coop’s deal will be up.

I honestly think the FO lined this up pretty well.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
From Broaddus to Fisher. When will yall stop listening to these dudes? They hit on like 3/10 things they bring up. What is this people in the orginization stuff? If its not jerry or stephen who cares? And if it was either of them and they won't come out and speak on it then they really dont care that much.

But whatever. Get your clicks Fisher

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Another generation of Jerry & Stephen keeping the band together even though the band hasn't actually won anything.

They did it with Romo, Witten, Ware, and Dez. Now it's Dak, Zeke, DLaw, and Cooper.

They keep hoping to reproduce the Triplets plus a War Daddy but hope is not a strategy.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another generation of Jerry & Stephen keeping the band together even though the band hasn't actually won anything.

They did it with Romo, Witten, Ware, and Dez. Now it's Dak, Zeke, DLaw, and Cooper.

They keep hoping to reproduce the Triplets plus a War Daddy but hope is not a strategy.
It’s true. And I think it’s true because JJ especially loves his players too much. He so desperately wants them to succeed. But effective GMs usually separate their feelings from a bigger and more precise picture of what’s best for the team. It’s one of many reasons he should get out of the personnel side of this organization.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I agree. Cooper is the least of my worries for actually playing.

He has missed what? 1 game since joining the cowboys 2.5 seasons ago?

He almost always plays.

he just has the nagging plantar fasciitis injury. I see no reason to wear out his foot early in training camp.
Ultimately, this is the reality of it. No need to run Amari for a month and a half before the season starts when he can get it in the last two weeks before Tampa. Might as well get some work for the younger guys and let Cooper save the camp wear and tear.

I’d rather that than have Cooper already trying to manage his foot once the real games start.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It’s true. And I think it’s true because JJ especially loves his players too much. He so desperately wants them to succeed. But effective GMs usually separate their feelings from a bigger and more precise picture of what’s best for the team. It’s one of many reasons he should get out of the personnel side of this organization.

Most GMs are concerned with being fired. Jerry likes his guys and also wants to prove he can win with them.

If he fails, so what? He'll just start over again. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most GMs are concerned with being fired. Jerry likes his guys and also wants to prove he can win with them.

If he fails, so what? He'll just start over again. Wash, rinse, and repeat.
That’s the sand in this house’s foundation. The way the Jones family runs the personnel side. Doesn’t matter how much money they make, or how beautiful the facilities, the football operations side is built on the quick sand of nepotism and no accountability.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
From Broaddus to Fisher. When will yall stop listening to these dudes? They hit on like 3/10 things they bring up. What is this people in the orginization stuff? If its not jerry or stephen who cares? And if it was either of them and they won't come out and speak on it then they really dont care that much.

But whatever. Get your clicks Fisher
And I meant to put this in my prior post too. Stop listening to Fish people. The guy is 100% about getting views on you tube and clicks on his stuff to impress Sports Illustrated. He knows, just like we do what will drive clicks and what are the hot buttons with Cowboys fans.

I guarantee that he looks on here to decide what to do his ridiculous videos on.

He puts out stuff like this and he has no real proof of what the team is thinking or doing. It is a guess that he states as a fact and it is all for the almighty dollar.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The Cowboys aren't trading not releasing Cooper, so what's the point in bringing the situation up. All coaches get irritated when the don't have a star ($20M) player on the field, and when you add in Amari's chill demeanor it probably takes it up another notch.

stiletto

Reaction score
What if Amari has another Pro Bowl caliber year? Will people still cry because he didn't practice in July or doesn't thump his chest like an idiot?? All that matters is how he does on Game days and for the most part he performs pretty well. On games he disappears it is 90% of the time because he is doubled and game-planned out. That's going to be harder and harder for teams to do as CeeDee develops.

Besides, if he doesn't have a good year Amari has a perfect contract for the Cowboys to move on from after this season.... but I have a feeling he's going to have a good year...so...we'll see.

stiletto

Reaction score

He certainly helped in 18, in 19 he had his best statistical year and a Pro Bowl. Last year I think he had an amazing year considering the horrible QBing and one of the worst defenses in the league.

Yeah he makes a lot of money but he also frees up a lot of other action for the other weapons. If he is not on the field, the other receivers are going to have to win more individual battles and double teams (CeeDee will be double teamed more than he ever has) they don't usually have to face. It's a slippery slope. Amari when healthy is MORE than a luxury.

pete026

Reaction score
I hope they’re not irradiated even though he’s the core of our WR power plant.
Keep him hydrated...... you can't put too much water in a reactor core. Or is it "you CAN'T put too much water in a reactor." I'm confused???

75boyz

Reaction score

Exactly Bob. Another one of Jerry's paid as elite but performs as good contract mistakes. It's the Jerry Way.

Knotamus

Reaction score
It seems the off-season nonsense is never ending.. the regular season can’t come soon enough