Video: Fisher: Cowboys irritated with Amari

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and you’ve looked foolish for two years. coops been nothing short of incredible here. wake me up when we should be paying any attn to the raiders or their fans.
He's not incredible just an above-average player being paid like he's another T.O.
I highly doubt with his contract if he could fetch a no 1 pick or high # 2 in a trade.
Yes, another OVERPAID+OVERATED Cowboy!

quickccc

Reaction score
Ok. He was playing with Dak in 2019 vs pats and eaglets in 2019 when the division was on the line. He ghosted. I’m not saying Coop is bad. Just saying he disappears at bad moments in a season. He can’t catch passes from Dalton? He caught 6 for 121 the week before…from Dalton.

- and i remember that nutty ex-WR coach we had in 2019 (Sanjay Lai ?) ,,that benched Both a healthy Cooper and Randall Cobb, in the most crucial game of the season vs Philly, and crucial drive of that season ...so what was up with that ..??

- and i'm assuming the 6 for 121 yd game you're referring to is the Philly game played here in 2020 (the jalen hurt game) .. but you're also forgetting how Doug Pederson played some
super-scrub CB Michael Jacquet’ in that game that Philly coaches apparently were so insisted on playing Jacquet vs Cowboys WRs majority of the game, before they finally awaken and
benched Jacquet.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Cooper had feet problems.
The only way to handle that is to limit his route running.
He runs routes like they are life or death and it is best to keep him off those feet as much as possible.

It may frustrate people and it may effect how you view Gallup going forward (could move on from Cooper in 12 months for instance and keep Gallup) BUT it is very likely that resting Cooper in training camp is smart.

khiladi

Reaction score
and you’ve looked foolish for two years. coops been nothing short of incredible here. wake me up when we should be paying any attn to the raiders or their fans.

My boy who is a die-hard Raiders fan, when they traded Cooper to us, was basically like, you just got the man, he’s that good. I’m not really sure how accurate it is that Raiders fans that actually know didn’t like him.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Cooper had feet problems.
The only way to handle that is to limit his route running.
He runs routes like they are life or death and it is best to keep him off those feet as much as possible.

It may frustrate people and it may effect how you view Gallup going forward (could move on from Cooper in 12 months for instance and keep Gallup) BUT it is very likely that resting Cooper in training camp is smart.
Agreed

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My boy who is a die-hard Raiders fan, when they traded Cooper to us, was basically like, you just got the man, he’s that good. I’m not really sure how accurate it is that Raiders fans that actually know didn’t like him.

He's an above-average player getting paid elite-level cash and working with a below-average QB who when facing good defenses they both disappear.
Another example of Jerry GM 101......

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
- and i remember that nutty ex-WR coach we had in 2019 (Sanjay Lai ?) ,,that benched Both a healthy Cooper and Randall Cobb, in the most crucial game of the season vs Philly, and crucial drive of that season ...so what was up with that ..??

- and i'm assuming the 6 for 121 yd game you're referring to is the Philly game played here in 2020 (the jalen hurt game) .. but you're also forgetting how Doug Pederson played some
super-scrub CB Michael Jacquet’ in that game that Philly coaches apparently were so insisted on playing Jacquet vs Cowboys WRs majority of the game, before they finally awaken and
benched Jacquet.
Here’s the thing- You don’t need to convince me that Coop’s great. I’m not arguing that Cooper isn’t a great receiver- he is. I’m not saying I wish we didn’t have him. I’m glad he’s here. My points about Cooper are:
  • He has had a tendency to disappear in big games.
  • Other than the last half of 2018- having him has not translated into us being way better as a team. That’s not his fault. Just true.
  • Since Cooper trade, we are 21-20, won one WC playoff game, and missed the playoffs 2 of the 3 seasons he’s been here. Just saying that other than the latter half of 2018, that hasn’t translated into a ton of team success.
  • Again, this isn’t Coop’s fault, but we are spending 25% of our cap space at WR and RB. That’s not wise IMO.
So, again, I’m not here to argue that Coop’s not a great receiver. He certainly is. It’s just that having him here has not translated into much team success.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Agree. Coop has been a blue chipper from the start.

he has elite production at Alabama. One of the best college programs.

he was a top 5 pick.

he came to the NFL and immediately started making pro bowls.

He has been the man at every level of play. There really is no question in my mind to how good a receiver he is.

the nagging foot injury causes him to need to manage it and not overdo it at practice. But the man has produced at every level despite having the plantar fasciitis issue.

quickccc

Reaction score
Here’s the thing- You don’t need to convince me that Coop’s great. I’m not arguing that Cooper isn’t a great receiver- he is. I’m not saying I wish we didn’t have him. I’m glad he’s here. My points about Cooper are:
  • He has had a tendency to disappear in big games.
  • Other than the last half of 2018- having him has not translated into us being way better as a team. That’s not his fault. Just true.
  • Since Cooper trade, we are 21-20, won one WC playoff game, and missed the playoffs 2 of the 3 seasons he’s been here. Just saying that other than the latter half of 2018, that hasn’t translated into a ton of team success.
  • Again, this isn’t Coop’s fault, but we are spending 25% of our cap space at WR and RB. That’s not wise IMO.
So, again, I’m not here to argue that Coop’s not a great receiver. He certainly is. It’s just that having him here has not translated into much team success.

my view of Cooper, may not be as much different although as i don’t think he’s an elite lead WR and I don’t think he’s warranted elite wr salary and contract and think we flat overpaid to keep him
but I also want to be fair for what some are criticizing him for.

While again, I don’t think he’s a great WR, but I think he’s the next echelon down, I think he is very solid to very good but not quite in the elite area – he doesn’t dominate on a regular basis to be what I call elite and while I continue to hear many tag on his disappearing " Road " games, I’m more focused on how he performs vs the best, elite coverage CBs that he seems to have issues performing against.
ala vs Ramsey, Gilmore, Lattimore, Ward, Peters, T. White, Haden, Slay, etc.