Twitter: Fisher: Cowboys open to idea of pursuit of DT Damon "Snacks" Harrison

Dre11

Reaction score
So all of the interior DL that played in a 4-3 defense that did get sacks we should just ignore them because they don't fit your idea that interior DL are there to just stop the run? Nobody, including me has said they have to put up double digit sacks, but there's nothing wrong with thinking that 4 - 6 is out of the question. Heaven forbid the Cowboys try to get interior DL that can also get sacks along with stopping the run. If the Cowboys got one what kind of panic would that start for you?

no you pointed out sacks as if he don't get sacks and needs more than sacks Harrison is a tremendous run stopper and tops of all run stopper. we have issues at stopping the run. Harrison is the perfect candidate and he'll get an occasional sack, but that's not why you sign him. what part of that don't you understand? they signed Gerald McCoy.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Here's Owning's Inside DL prospects. NT prospects would be the 1T's in Cowboys defense, DT prospects would be 3T's in Cowboys defense.

ETwHqVGU8AAAxqE

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
no you pointed out sacks as if he don't get sacks and needs more than sacks Harrison is a tremendous run stopper and tops of all run stopper. we have issues at stopping the run. Harrison is the perfect candidate and he'll get an occasional sack, but that's not why you sign him. what part of that don't you understand? they signed Gerald McCoy.

I'll tell what. You be all gaga over Harrison and I'll still hope that the Cowboys find a interior DL that is good at stopping the run but also gets some sacks too. I've got no problem with getting a interior DT that can do more than just be a run stopper seeing how the league as a whole is a more passing league than run first league,.

Dre11

Reaction score
I'll tell what. You be all gaga over Harrison and I'll still hope that the Cowboys find a interior DL that is good at stopping the run but also gets some sacks too. I've got no problem with getting a interior DT that can do more than just be a run stopper seeing how the league as a whole is a more passing league than run first league,.

lol..its not about going gaga over snacks as you put it..lol
it's about get a player who remedies an weak spot for us and he's considered the best at it. who the heck doesn't want that?

mathew1184

Reaction score
I would love this! Just wish it was reported by someone else...hope we get him.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am generally curious what a guy like Harrison would get now. There have been some decent to good DTs that have signed reasonable contracts. Look at what Shelton got, for example. Not earth shifting at all.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think this has a lot to do with McCarthy liking the big bodies on the DL. Harrison at 350 lbs is the type of DT that fits for McCarthy

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
lol..its not about going gaga over snacks as you put it..lol
it's about get a player who remedies an weak spot for us and he's considered the best at it. who the heck doesn't want that?

You say the best at it according to what YOU think his ONLY job is. Some of us want players that are good at doing ALL of the things.not just one. Your ONE thing would be great if the league hasn't turned into a pass happy league but it has. So excuse some of us that think it's also important to be able to get sacks too in a pass happy league. Again if he was just so good why then is he 96 on the TOP 101 rankings? Ya he's great at stopping the run but again it is now a pass happy league and being good on just the run isn't good enough anymore. Also if he was such a great player why is he still a free agent and someone hasn't scooped him up by now? Free agents have been able to negotiate for a week now and yet he's unsigned.

Dre11

Reaction score
You say the best at it according to what YOU think his ONLY job is. Some of us want players that are good at doing ALL of the things.not just one. Your ONE thing would be great if the league hasn't turned into a pass happy league but it has. So excuse some of us that think it's also important to be able to get sacks too in a pass happy league. Again if he was just so good why then is he 96 on the TOP 101 rankings? Ya he's great at stopping the run but again it is now a pass happy league and being good on just the run isn't good enough anymore. Also if he was such a great player why is he still a free agent and someone hasn't scooped him up by now? Free agents have been able to negotiate for a week now and yet he's unsigned.
He's the best according to his grades do some damn research

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Trysten Hill is a darn wasted roster spot. Trade him and get a pick for him. Use his spot for a much better draft pick or even David Irving if he comes back.
He's as lazy as they come. Bust is putting it lightly. Why didn't MM give him the pink slip yet?! :mad:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Again he's the best at stopping the run. I haven't argued that. What I've said REPEATEDLY is especially in a now pass happy league being just a great run stopper isn't good enough anymore. When 95% or more of the teams pass more than they run getting to the QB is must now. You're taking the stance that most coaches back in the 1960's took that the TE's primary function was to block but still needed to be able to catch the ball on the few times they were thrown to. Teams have to adjust to the pass happy league. Now if the trend changes to where they go back to running more then a best run stopper might work in but not now in this pass happy league.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

The Cowboys are close to signing Poe who is a coupler years younger and has more sacks than Harrison so maybe, just maybe the Cowboys are thinking the same thing I've been saying about needing a DT that also can get to the QB.

Dre11

Reaction score
The Cowboys are close to signing Poe who is a coupler years younger and has more sacks than Harrison so maybe, just maybe the Cowboys are thinking the same thing I've been saying about needing a DT that also can get to the QB.

no their signing Poe because he's cheaper, which is their MO and probably because he's younger ,Snacks is the better player. bit I'm ok with Poe but he's not the better player.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-defensive-linemen-rankings