Fisher: Cowboys should trade for Nick Foles

garyo1954

Reaction score
frankly i don't see their interest in Cooper Rush - a guy with very limited physical tools and cannot ad lib to save his life - everything has to be perfect for him to operate in the slightest.
Any reps he gets in camp , and takes away from Nooch is a minus for Nooch

Agreed. The only reason to add Rush is you're not comfortable with the other two. The players know that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That 6.7 mil cap hit is pretty steep for someone who may not play but a few downs.

Motorola

Reaction score
Foles..... Pollard.....touchdown, Dallas.

I miss Summerall.
Unlike most play-by-play announcers today, he let seeing the play and hearing the fans at the stadium reactions give the tv viewing audience the excitement...instead of embellishment \ excessive words from his voice.

Silly

Reaction score
That 6.7 mil cap hit is pretty steep for someone who may not play but a few downs.

Don't forget there are 17 games this season. It might be wise to rest the starters from time to time.

Silly

Reaction score
Unlike most play-by-play announcers today, he let seeing the play and hearing the fans at the stadium reactions give the tv viewing audience the excitement...instead of embellishment \ excessive words from his voice.

There needs to be 2 audio streams. One stream of just stadium, and one stream of the crappy announcers. Turn on and off at will.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes, definitely. His genius was in his simplicity.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Fahggitaboutit!

Jerry is not going to bring anyone in here who can start a quarterback controversy with Dak, not after blessing him with $40 million smackaroos.

The Nooch and Gilbert Grapes until we need them.

Motorola

Reaction score
I think he is fairly cheap for a proven backup QB better than what we have for sure
Gilbert - 6th round pick; before the start last November, spent 7 years bouncing around the league on practice squads, totaling 21 snaps over 6 games for the 2018 and 2019 seasons combined.
Rush - UDFA; 3 years (2017-19) with the Cowboys - 26 snaps across 5 games (points out the durability of Prescott early on) yet was cut after Dalton signed on with Dallas, then brought back when Dak went on IR. Even with his Cowboys experience, a practice squad journeyman and a 7th-round pick rookie were chosen to get starts over him.
DeNucci - not auspicious in his Cowboys debut and then his only start.

Motorola

Reaction score
There needs to be 2 audio streams. One stream of just stadium, and one stream of the crappy announcers. Turn on and off at will.
Do you recall the game without announcers decades ago? I honestly remembered (I watched)..it was on NBC and the Jets were one of the teams. I looked it up for the rest:
December 20, 1980 - a Saturday - Jets @ Dolphins. Season finale for both teams.
JNYJ 24, MIA 17.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He has been in 3 playoff games and has 366 rushing yards in the playoffs And this is about Foles not Zeke.
For us to trade for Files..we would have to be one player away from a title. Nobody thinks that is happening. So no signing of Files I can see.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Do you recall the game without announcers decades ago? I honestly remembered (I watched)..it was on NBC and the Jets were one of the teams. I looked it up for the rest:
December 20, 1980 - a Saturday - Jets @ Dolphins. Season finale for both teams.
JNYJ 24, MIA 17.
You asked about that game with no announcers but I just listen to the radio.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Lmao ! Can you imagine if Dak missed a few games and Foles ends up beating some good teams.
That is the main reason jones boys would never sign foles. It could cause qb controversy.
And they have rarely had good bkups for their qb's.
They rely on the #1 qb to make it thru the year not missing more than 1 or 2 games.

So who is the bears # 1 now, and why would they not want foles to bkup that guy>??
Did they draft a QB?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
If we send Fish to Chicago as part of the deal, I’m in.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
no way, dak got rid of dez for talking in the huddle, no telling what he would do to Foles.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That is the main reason jones boys would never sign foles. It could cause qb controversy.
And they have rarely had good bkups for their qb's.
They rely on the #1 qb to make it thru the year not missing more than 1 or 2 games.

So who is the bears # 1 now, and why would they not want foles to bkup that guy>??
Did they draft a QB?
Justin Fields, 1st round

he may not start right away, but that is the franchise QB, they hope