Twitter: Fisher: Cowboys to attempt two tier two signings this week

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We’ve gone from threads announcing the Cowboys are rumored to be interested in some top-tier free agents to a thread announcing they may attempt two tier two signings this week. If those attempts fail the next thread will be “Cowboys seriously considering attempting a tier three and tier four signing by the end of the week.”

jjktkk

Reaction score
Problem is, whoever you are speaking of is right.
No one in particular, just Cowboy fans in general on here.

We are doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results...insanity.
You're absolutely correct, but unfortunately those are the perameters of being a Dallas Cowboy fan these days.[/QUOTE]

There is your wash, rinse, and repeat. Sometimes people just get tired of seeing the same inactivity or failures year after year in free agency.
I understand, but like you mentioned earlier, "doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results...insanity", can also apply to complaining about this Cowboy's regimes incompetence., hence my reply of "wash, rinse, repeat". I get tired of it as well, but like I mentioned previously, that's the life of a Cowboys fan.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
No one in particular, just Cowboy fans in general on here.

You're absolutely correct, but unfortunately those are the perameters of being a Dallas Cowboy fan these days.

I understand, but like you mentioned earlier, "doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results...insanity", can also apply to complaining about this Cowboy's regimes incompetence., hence my reply of "wash, rinse, repeat". I get tired of it as well, but like I mentioned previously, that's the life of a Cowboys fan.

True, you do have to expect Cowboy fans to keep repeating themselves with their reactions if they continue seeing the Cowboy regimes keep repeating themselves with their actions though.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
A lot of truth here.

Landry didn't put up 3-11 seasons once he got ou rolling, so I don't think you're entirely on target here, but it's true that it wasn't all roses with him.

Amazing streak of winning seasons, but he we so cold and controlling at times that I think it cost them a bit.

He should have won at least two more championships.
but for over twenty seasons landry at least was consistent in being in the playoffs EVERY season not likenow up and down and he also had lots of deep playoff runs after he got going he was consistent something the cowboys now know nothing about

erod

Reaction score
but for over twenty seasons landry at least was consistent in being in the playoffs EVERY season not likenow up and down and he also had lots of deep playoff runs after he got going he was consistent something the cowboys now know nothing about
No free agency though. Once it was built, it was in place for a long time.

erod

Reaction score
Coaches go how the players go and visa versa. Its all cyclical in the NFL. Was Garrett a bad coach in 2014,2016 when they exceeded expectations? Linehan? Marinelli? I mean these dudes didnt all the sudden forget how to coach well.We had a down year for multiple reasons in 2017,but give Philly credit...they were a buzz saw...they weren't gonna be denied. It was there year,and we move on. It is what it is. Fast forward to 2018...its a fresh start. Not sure I agree with the current strategy in free agency,but hey what do I know. Time will tell.
Look at Mike McCarthy or Mike Tomlin.

Both fired long ago without their QBs and terrific front offices.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Everybody’s tired of not winning more playoff games or Superbowls, which is what I imagine you mean when you refer to ‘losing.’ It’s not an excuse for acting irrationally.

Regardless, the team doesn’t spend big the first week of FA. That’s the philosophy. They’ve been pretty successful adding talent under Garrett with that philosophy. What matters is what they do with the resources they *do* spend, and that’s been dramatically lopsided in favor of the offense and has gotten us beat.

If you went into the offseason expecting a big first week of FA, it was naive. It wasn’t going to happen.

Dallas is the only team in the entire NFL to not sign a single player in free agency (it was Dallas and Pitt, but Pitt just signed Bostic from the Colts).

If you think this team is going to acquire enough talent solely from the draft to compete with the top teams in the league, that is being irrational.

It may be "their philosophy" but what have they won Idgit? One playoff game in 8 years, that is what this philosophy has won. But lets keep doing it and hope the results are different, that sounds like a great strategy my friend.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas is the only team in the entire NFL to not sign a single player in free agency (it was Dallas and Pitt, but Pitt just signed Bostic from the Colts).

If you think this team is going to acquire enough talent solely from the draft to compete with the top teams in the league, that is being irrational.

It may be "their philosophy" but what have they won Idgit? One playoff game in 8 years, that is what this philosophy has won. But lets keep doing it and hope the results are different, that sounds like a great strategy my friend.

I think they’ll sign several players in the second wave of free agency like they always do. And then they’ll draft and develop and be generally competitive again like they have been in recent years. I don’t think they’ll deviate from their formula very much at all. They might splurge if they see an opportunity, but I think won’t be huge or happen often.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think they’ll sign several players in the second wave of free agency like they always do. And then they’ll draft and develop and be generally competitive again like they have been in recent years. I don’t think they’ll deviate from their formula very much at all. They might splurge if they see an opportunity, but I think won’t be huge or happen often.

8 years into the Garrett era, the team will be "generally competitive"..................Is that code for "we probably cant beat the good teams":facepalm:

And everybody wonders why the fan base is so pissed off right now.:mad:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8 years into the Garrett era, the team will be "generally competitive"..................Is that code for "we probably cant beat the good teams":facepalm:

And everybody wonders why the fan base is so pissed off right now.:mad:

We beat good teams sometimes. And we lose sometimes. Welcome to the NFL.

Address the talent shortfall on defense and we’ll have a better chance of advancing in the playoffs.

Nobody wonders why the fans are pissed. I do wonder why being pissed makes them turn on their team and think it’s excusable. And I wonder why being pissed is seen as an excuse for disconnecting their brains when it comes to diagnosing the team’s actual weaknesses.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We beat good teams sometimes. And we lose sometimes. Welcome to the NFL.

Address the talent shortfall on defense and we’ll have a better chance of advancing in the playoffs.

Nobody wonders why the fans are pissed. I do wonder why being pissed makes them turn on their team and think it’s excusable. And I wonder why being pissed is seen as an excuse for disconnecting their brains when it comes to diagnosing the team’s actual weaknesses.

Some fans don't feel like waving the pom poms after a 9-7 season, just because you do don't expect others to.

And since I am "being welcomed to the NFL" and am a newbie apparently, is missing the playoffs dam near 75% of the time normal for an 8th year head coach?

I looked around the league for a similar comparison and cant find it, so I thought I would ask an expert like you if that is normal:grin:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some fans don't feel like waving the pom poms after a 9-7 season, just because you do don't expect others to.

And since I am "being welcomed to the NFL" and am a newbie apparently, is missing the playoffs dam near 75% of the time normal for an 8th year head coach?

I looked around the league for a similar comparison and cant find it, so I thought I would ask an expert like you if that is normal:grin:

Nobody’s waiving poms at 9-7. Some of us are talking about how to improve. Others, not so much.

I don’t know the playoff qualification rate for NFL teams off the top of my head. I would imagine it’s simething that’s pretty subjective that varries from team to team. 12 and 13 win seasons will usually get you there though.