Twitter: Fisher: Glazer: Dak not going anywhere, not asking for $40M

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
From what I've heard, the origination of the "$40 million" quote was simply an agent response to the Cowboys initial lowball offer of $25 million a year. When they received that offer from the Cowboys, they were rightly angered and decided to "float the rumor" that he was looking for $40 million. It was retaliation, nothing they ever seriously asked for.
You hear that from SAS?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't care if he's asking for $40 million or "only" $36-38 million. That's a lot of money for a QB that hasn't done anything more than win a division title.

Yes, it takes a supporting cast - QBs don't win championships on their own - but a huge QB contract only makes that a harder task. I'm skeptical.
So you would rather have a qb that sucks that we can pay less?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know you're kidding. Lower QB salary allows you to build strength in other areas.
Interesting how fans that think the qb is so important don’t want to pay the qb and are suggesting we go cheap there so we can be better at other positions. Ironic isn’t it?

kskboys

Reaction score
Interesting how fans that think the qb is so important don’t want to pay the qb and are suggesting we go cheap there so we can be better at other positions. Ironic isn’t it?
Man, we are so screwed if Dak is really insisting on 40 mil per. Pay him that much, and super bowl hopes fade quickly. Don't pay him, and we're looking for a QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Man, we are so screwed if Dak is really insisting on 40 mil per. Pay him that much, and super bowl hopes fade quickly. Don't pay him, and we're looking for a QB.
What idiot told you he wants 40 million? Do you really listen to trolls on here?

I wouldn’t pay dak 40 million either.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Qb’s don’t win sbs. Lol

Tampa won with dilfer. Cmon

Before I begin...:Lol" :muttley:

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, Dak couldn't lead Dallas anywhere while he was cheap. What logical reason is there to believe he'll lead Dallas somewhere when he's a lot more expensive? Will a big contract make him better?

Oh wait, it was all Garrett's fault...and Wade's fault...and Parcells' fault...and Campo's fault...and Gailey's fault.

This fan base...SUCKERS. :rolleyes:

kskboys

Reaction score
What idiot told you he wants 40 million? Do you really listen to trolls on here?

I wouldn’t pay dak 40 million either.
Just rumors. It's all rumors at this point. What we do know is that Dak's camp doesn't appear to be all that agreeable to a reasonable contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Before I begin...:Lol" :muttley:

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, Dak couldn't lead Dallas anywhere while he was cheap. What logical reason is there to believe he'll lead Dallas somewhere when he's a lot more expensive? Will a big contract make him better?

Oh wait, it was all Garrett's fault...and Wade's fault...and Parcells' fault...and Campo's fault...and Gailey's fault.

This fan base...SUCKERS. :rolleyes:
Yep... Garrett was a big part of it. It’s a start.

Mccarthy will make us better for sure. I would think that he would also make dak better as well. Probably the whole team better.

It’s actually about making the team better. Better defense will help that for sure.

But maybe you can explain how paying zeke 15 million will make zeke or the team better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just rumors. It's all rumors at this point. What we do know is that Dak's camp doesn't appear to be all that agreeable to a reasonable contract.
It’s real clear actuallly. Dak has said point blank he doesn’t think he should be highest paid qb. Only people that have said 40 million are dumb trolls.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Qb’s don’t win sbs. Lol

Tampa won with dilfer. Cmon

Tampa won with Brad Johnson.
It was Baltimore that won with Dilfer.

@Jake gave you an opportunity to correct your mistake but you didn't.
So either you're blinded by your own anger or you really didn't know.

This is football message board 101 stuff... lol

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I want to shake Dak, and tell him: "Dak, you can retire on 30 mil. Get those figures out of your head and take around 30 so we can have a shot at a super bowl. Don't listen to the m orons who think this is some stupid contest about who is making more. It doesn't matter even a little bit what someone else makes."

SB? Playoffs? Playoffs?

Taking a discount for a chance at a ring would be a better sell if we had made the playoffs, and Dak taking 5mil less doesn't appreciably improve his chances at a ring even if we had. It's an extra hard sell after Zeke squeezed Jerry for every penny, and after Dak played out his entire rookie contract tens of millions under market value without holding out.

Besides Brady, has there ever been a credible discount by anyone set to make big money, particularly their *first* big money?

The only way I can ever see the discount for a ring working is having multiple big money players get together to do it. 5 guys at 20% off gets one player of the average salary of the others, prior to discount. That's it. I don't think it's ever happened. I doubt it ever will.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dTTP-2pE...QXCZdb-5o/s1600/B_RBkNnU8AAv6Ce.png-large.png