Twitter: Fisher: Glazer: Dak not going anywhere, not asking for $40M

basel90

Reaction score
Sad thing is he will get a 35 to 39 mil deal for 5 years , while we all should know he is not worth it or even the top 10 QB in the league , nor is he the caliber QB to take the cowboys to the super bowl .
So why pay him this kind of money , especially after overpaying zeke (big mistake, just look at how many RBs who are cheaper and just as effective , such as Damien Williams at KC )

and

DLawremce ( underperformed in 2019)

and

others on the roster .

unless Jerry stops this trend and spends money on the Defense there won’t be a SB .

basel90

Reaction score
There is going to be tons of whining, crying and temper tantrums thrown once Dak gets his big contract. Guaranteed.
Yes there will will be whining because he will be even more mediocre with 39 mil a year than he was with 2 mil a year . The motivation isn’t there once u get guaranteed money like that . Just look at Dez or Zeke after they got big money ,

fivetwos

Reaction score
Sad thing is he will get a 35 to 39 mil deal for 5 years , while we all should know he is not worth it or even the top 10 QB in the league , nor is he the caliber QB to take the cowboys to the super bowl .
So why pay him this kind of money , especially after overpaying zeke (big mistake, just look at how many RBs who are cheaper and just as effective , such as Damien Williams at KC )

and

and

others on the roster .

unless Jerry stops this trend and spends money on the Defense there won’t be a SB .
Negotiation is all about what the alternative may be for each party.

Jerry doesnt want to be without Prescott, and the other side knows it. History shows that Jerry gives in eventually in every contract dispute. Dak will eventually get his money, but not before damage is done....like missing vital mini camps w a new coach (similar to 21 missing all of camp last year).

glimmerman

Reaction score
Remember this post, because the end result is going to be very close to this.

The issue has to be Daks people wanting more.
Not sure about the money holding it up but wondering about the length. He may only want 3 years. He and or his agent are seriously wanting to redo it after the CBA. If the gambling money does what they think then the cap could really explode and he wants to benefit. If it were me then I would take the 35 million for 7 years. 7 years and 245 million with about 200 million guaranteed and about 80 million as a signing bonus.. Yeah I would be ok there.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Between the draft and veterans theres a lot more available than usual.

Put it this way....if Dak cant agree, its not like the Cowboys can't go out and add a Rivers or Brady short term.

One issue is that also hurts Daks trade value....and if NO one is willing to part w TWO first rounders for the guy, then why pay him like someone who is actually worth two firsts?

THAT is why he isnt signed. Wants more than he is worth and he needs a supporting cast.
When are we going to pretend like Brady didn't look like a 42-year old QB last year. Why is the media and fans acting like it was all because of a lack of weapons. Neither Brady or Rodgers had anything beyond their #1 receiver and Rodgers led Green Bay to the NFC Championship. Brady will be 43 years old at the start of next year. No thanks. Nothing that's currently available on the market is better than Dak. In order to draft the QB yall want, we have to tank for a season or two. Ain't happening with these veterans yall want to bring in to replace Dak. Best Bet is to let Dak walk and start Cooper Rush.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not sure about the money holding it up but wondering about the length. He may only want 3 years. He and or his agent are seriously wanting to redo it after the CBA. If the gambling money does what they think then the cap could really explode and he wants to benefit. If it were me then I would take the 35 million for 7 years. 7 years and 245 million with about 200 million guaranteed and about 80 million as a signing bonus.. Yeah I would be ok there.
Not sure when all the new items will be calculated as revenue thereby expanding the cap largely.

Problem is....Daks contract is up NOW, and his camp is going to need to decide how they want to play it.

They want to capitalize IF such and such happens, but it HASNT yet.

If he is looking for a shorter term because of this, I'm doing backflips if I'm Jerry.

Although I wouldn't be if Prescott were clearly in the Rodgers type of mold that can win without the best of supporting cast. All he has shown so far is that he cant win even WITH one, so what's to happen once that becomes worse?

I'm glad Jerry is finally holding the line, but he will eventually cave, and if he indeed does, he may as well do that sooner than later.

fivetwos

Reaction score
When are we going to pretend like Brady didn't look like a 42-year old QB last year. Why is the media and fans acting like it was all because of a lack of weapons. Neither Brady or Rodgers had anything beyond their #1 receiver and Rodgers led Green Bay to the NFC Championship. Brady will be 43 years old at the start of next year. No thanks. Nothing that's currently available on the market is better than Dak. In order to draft the QB yall want, we have to tank for a season or two. Ain't happening with these veterans yall want to bring in to replace Dak. Best Bet is to let Dak walk and start Cooper Rush.
Just an example. Usually there is absolutely NO where to turn if you're the team.

Signing a stopgap and drafting a QB this year is a semi viable option, and helps the team as far as negotiating leverage.

Ideal? No, but my point is Dallas isnt completely out of options if #4 decides 35 per w a nine figure guarantee isnt enough.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not sure when all the new items will be calculated as revenue thereby expanding the cap largely.

Problem is....Daks contract is up NOW, and his camp is going to need to decide how they want to play it.

They want to capitalize IF such and such happens, but it HASNT yet.

If he is looking for a shorter term because of this, I'm doing backflips if I'm Jerry.

Although I wouldn't be if Prescott were clearly in the Rodgers type of mold that can win without the best of supporting cast. All he has shown so far is that he cant win even WITH one, so what's to happen once that becomes worse?

I'm glad Jerry is finally holding the line, but he will eventually cave, and if he indeed does, he may as well do that sooner than later.
I agree. If I am JJ then I am drawing up 4 years with a out after 3. If he improves and continues then resign. If he regresses and we get a chance to draft or trade for a better QB then we are open to do this. Last year was such a weird season for this whole team. Seemed that Dak played well enough and got slightly better in some areas. But the whole Offense was set up to get Dak stats to attempt to prove he improved. It back fired because the Defense looked worse than the year before and ST was the worst I have seen. We started so many drives deep in our own territory it killed us. And drives ended with missed FG.

Brax

Reaction score
Just like you did for Romo, eh?
There you go again - Romo???????, Why in your mind if someone doesn't worship Daks mediocrity does that make them a Romo what ever? Romo hasn't played in 4 years and I couldn't care less what he did or didn't do and neither should you, guess it's just your Dak insecurities manifesting themselves in regards to Romo time after time. As you well know I wasn't a big Romo fan but I don't like bash past players like you are so fond of doing, whats next going to the Troy was just a jag QB line you like use.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Guess not, so let's not try.
If you want to "try" how about not wasting draft picks and use those to fix the defense. You know kind of how every team in the league fixes their defense? With cheap draft picks? Not wasting money on free agents other teams don't want? Or is that too far fetched?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Then what's the reason he's not signed yet?

From what I gather...

I think they have agreed on a dollar amount but Dak wants to renegotiate in 3 or 4 years and Dallas is trying to get a long term deal done so his contract is cheap down the road.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Btw, what are teams going to do whenever Mahomes gets his pay day? Pay their guy more then Mahomes? Lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

and

and

others on the roster .

Because teams and clearly our own fans don’t learn.

We’re on a Cowboy forum so it’s typical for people to be delusional about how good their guy is too so it’s an easy sell for the team to want to pay a slightly above mediocre QB enough money to end our Super Bowl chances for awhile.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well you apparently have the resources to know exactly what the team is going to do. I don't.

Also, in that case, we have one shot...next year. Then its cant field a good enough team around #4 because he is taking up too much cap space.

I really HOPE that isnt the plan.
Lol... fret fret fret.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If you want to "try" how about not wasting draft picks and use those to fix the defense. You know kind of how every team in the league fixes their defense? With cheap draft picks? Not wasting money on free agents other teams don't want? Or is that too far fetched?
I'd respond but I cant differentiate what you're asking vs. what you're trying to tell me.

Maybe a punctuation lesson before insulting others?

Take a look around at the better teams in the league and tell me how they havent at ALL used free agency as a way to build.

Draft only doesnt work unless you do it perfectly, and no team does, regardless of what Stephen Jones has you believing.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Because teams and clearly our own fans don’t learn.

We’re on a Cowboy forum so it’s typical for people to be delusional about how good their guy is too so it’s an easy sell for the team to want to pay a slightly above mediocre QB enough money to end our Super Bowl chances for awhile.
Theres no doubt theres people on here paid by the team.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Btw, what are teams going to do whenever Mahomes gets his pay day? Pay their guy more then Mahomes? Lol

Of course they will. That is how it works. Unless they pay him so far out there that they ruin their cap for the long haul. And they wont do that and set themselves up for another 50 year wait.

Nobody holds the title highest paid for long. That title is as fluid as NFC East Champs.