News: Fisher: Jerry Plans 'Home-Run Hire' at Coach, 'Swing For Fences' - Anonymous NFL Owner

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s Mike Fisher but interesting comment from another NFL owner.

FRISCO - Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones vows that his organization is "all in'' toward trying to win big in 2024. And he has at least one high-powered and high-profile colleague who believes him - at least when it comes to Dallas' search for a new defensive coordinator to replace Dan Quinn.

"Watch him,'' a fellow NFL owner tells CowboysSI.com on the condition of anonymity. "Jerry wants a home-run hire. He's swinging for the fences here.''

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ce-belichick-carroll-martindale-zimmer-vribal

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Jerry wants a home-run hire. He's swinging for the fences here.''
yawn.gif.c618b8062d13e9d8bec34aca70b88292.gif

EJK24

Reaction score
It's going to be boring failed retread Rivera or boring failed retread Zimmer. Either one will set this franchise back several years and get fired in less than 3 years.
I'm assuming we get a retread but next year MM is fired and we have to start over anyway. So whoever we hire could very well be one and done.

_sturt_

Reaction score
He’s with the Raiders helping Pierce I believe
That's actually a reason to think it's very plausible.

Would we hate someone like Marvin Lewis here? Accomplished, respected and probably willing to do it for one year.
Loved to hate him as Bengals' HC, but absolutely can imagine him as an excellent choice for this assignment.

Thanks for the thought... I'd recalled John Fox as a same kind-of candidate, but I like your idea better.

Wasn't Marvin a dark horse candidate for head coach until McCarthy's interview back when? I think so. There's some regard held for him in The Star, I'm sure.

This is the most empty insult and yet the most repeated... so tedious.

You might rule out a guy on the basis that you don't think he has the same energy and motivation that he did earlier in his career. But argue that. That. And provide your reason/evidence for that conclusion.

It's amazing to have to say it. But I have and will. Having long-time NFL experience is not a negative, but a positive.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
It’s Mike Fisher but interesting comment from another NFL owner.

FRISCO - Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones vows that his organization is "all in'' toward trying to win big in 2024. And he has at least one high-powered and high-profile colleague who believes him - at least when it comes to Dallas' search for a new defensive coordinator to replace Dan Quinn.

"Watch him,'' a fellow NFL owner tells CowboysSI.com on the condition of anonymity. "Jerry wants a home-run hire. He's swinging for the fences here.''

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ce-belichick-carroll-martindale-zimmer-vribal
I would say that the new defensive coordinator , would be someone who would be promised the head coaching position .So look for a coach who could takeover for McCarthy if things go south for Dallas in 2024.