Fisher: Manziel top-rated QB on Cowboys board

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That doesn't not tell us where he is relative to non-QBs on their board.

DEA_dad

Reaction score
PK this morning over at MMQB says that Jerry is smitten, as we get closer the odds of it happening grow it seems

Gaede

Reaction score
When the draft season started, I predicted we would end up with Manziel, somehow someway. It's just too good for Jerry. Of course, I predict a lot of stuff that doesn't work out.

But I would not be surprised if we somehow got Manziel. Not in the slightest. Frankly, I'm on board too.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I don't doubt he's the #1 QB on there board, he's #1 on a few folks board. We may never know or at won't know until after the draft, where he was overall on there board.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Man I can't wait for the draft. I requested the time off just to watch it.

I'd say there is a 50/50 shot Manziel falls to 16.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Man I can't wait for the draft. I requested the time off just to watch it.

I'd say there is a 50/50 shot Manziel falls to 16.

Jerry will pee himself and trade up if he falls out of the top 10. He won't be able to help himself, you'll see him twitching on the war room cam.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
PK this morning over at MMQB says that Jerry is smitten, as we get closer the odds of it happening grow it seems
http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=31501
Draft talk: For the record, Nantz thinks the world of Hoyer and believes the Browns are a playoff team with him playing quarterback. But he thinks the team will select either Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins or “a quarterback” with the No. 4 pick in the draft on May 8.
And if the quarterback is Johnny Manziel, well, look out, America. He will put the Browns back on the NFL map, in Nantz’s opinion.
“No one knows what they’re gonna get with him,” Nantz said. “There is no slam dunk. It is all over the place. Honestly, no one knows.
“I can say this, he’s going to be the guy everyone wants to see. I’ve heard this rumor for a month -- the Cowboys will figure out a way to get Manziel. Wherever Manziel goes, there is going to be more clamoring about Johnny Manziel than there would be about Blake Bortles going No. 1 or (Jadeveon) Clowney going No. 1, or anyone else. This is a guy that there’s just a tremendous interest in everything he does.
“If the Browns take him, the interest in the Cleveland Browns nationally -- and that’s true for any team – is going be just off the charts. The Cleveland opener in Pittsburgh is going to be the most talked about game Week 1 if Johnny Manziel is the quarterback.”

tantrix1969

Reaction score
aLv13VB.gif

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Manziel is going top 10.
At the end of the day what matters is game tape and his is superb.

There will be a few teams scared off but there will be enough teams who value his film to take him very early.

Sydla

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, if we take Manziel, what are you doing with Romo?

You aren't drafting Manziel to sit him for 2-3 years behind Romo. If you blew your first round pick on Manziel and then sat him behind Romo that would be a truly waste of your first round pick. So if Jones has visions of getting Manziel, is 2014 the last year for Romo (or maybe this is a sign they are more worried about his back than they let on)?

RS12

Reaction score

Jim Nantz reporting this too and Jerry willing to do what it takes to get him FWIW.

There has been some growing buzz that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is interested in adding Manziel, and the latest comments by Jim Nantz seem to back up those claims.

“I can say this, he’s going to be the guy everyone wants to see. I’ve heard this rumor for a month — the Cowboys will figure out a way to get Manziel,” Nantz said, via ESPN Cleveland.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Manziel is going top 10.
At the end of the day what matters is game tape and his is superb.

There will be a few teams scared off but there will be enough teams who value his film to take him very early.

There is the scheme fit to think about with Manziel and then you have to consider if the "extra things" that come along with him are worth that.

He fits best in a stretch zone system that uses a lot of playaction. There also needs to be a some creativity and flexibility to the offensive system because it is not advisable to try to turn him into something he is not. A young creative offensive coordinator willing to create the offense around him would be the best route.

He is not nearly as much of a lock for the top 10 as everyone thinks. There are a few teams he fits and others he does not. A team like the Raiders would be a bad scheme fit, for example. I do not think Minnesota is interested in the least, Zimmer has already noted the circus effect and he is far from a Norv Turner offensive fit.

Places where he could fit is in Cleveland and possibly Jacksonville. Both are good low profile teams that could incorporate him into the big picture and they have the type of scheme he could function best in. Not sure about Houston since O'Brien supposedly likes big pocket QBs.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
There is the scheme fit to think about with Manziel and then you have to consider if the "extra things" that come along with him are worth that.

He fits best in a stretch zone system that uses a lot of playaction. There also needs to be a some creativity and flexibility to the offensive system because it is not advisable to try to turn him into something he is not. A young creative offensive coordinator willing to create the offense around him would be the best route.

He is not nearly as much of a lock for the top 10 as everyone thinks. There are a few teams he fits and others he does not. A team like the Raiders would be a bad scheme fit, for example. I do not think Minnesota is interested in the least, Zimmer has already noted the circus effect and he is far from a Norv Turner offensive fit.

Places where he could fit is in Cleveland and possibly Jacksonville. Both are good low profile teams that could incorporate him into the big picture and they have the type of scheme he could function best in. Not sure about Houston since O'Brien supposedly likes big pocket QBs.

yes, he is.
manziel is a ticket seller and franchise face.
he has value galore.

a team's system isn't a big deal because teams drafting top 10 are looking for change in most cases.

manziel is every bit the player rg3 was.

as to the "other stuff" you can forget all that noise. clowney basically spent and entire year avoiding any effort ot hard work and trying to stay injury free yet is a number 1 pick. , manziel spent two years absolutely shredding future NFL players.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

Great post! On the nosey. He'd be perfect in Philly.