Fisher on 105.3 - 12.31.2019

links18

Reaction score
Who did he overpay for? The Crawford extension and somewhat Brandon Carr's contract are the only things you can point to over the last ten years.

And no one but Dez thinks Dez should have been on the roster with a 15MM salary that year.

I mean the narrative here all season is that he over payed for DLaw and Zeke.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
yesterday I was thinking this was dragging out because of an extension.

now I think its dragging out because its a memorial service.

•Urban Meyer
•Dan Mullen
•Lincoln Riley
•Greg Roman

can't wait to find out who it is.
Garrett’s not gone yet!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Horse hooey on Jimmy. That was Jerry feeling unloved by the media and making passive aggressive comments that he knew would get back to Jimmy and Jimmy having the integrity to tell him where to stick it. Parcells had enough of Jerry when he brought the TO circus to town.

And it was Troy who told Jerry that Gailey's gimmick offense wasn't going to work....
Jimmy was done done and told anyone that would listen. He had been working 70 hour weeks non-stop for years and his most trusted guys were getting jobs elsewhere.
He picked fights with Jerry intentionally to get fired so he could keep the 2 million still owed on his contract. Jimmy had a psych degree and knew what he was doing 100%
Same way he played the idiotic media by buying them drinks weekly and giving them off the record stories.

Jimmy needed that money as the divorce had stripped a good portion of his net value.
He got his money and freedom and ran to South Florida as fast as he possibly could.
He's never left.

Jerry took in all info but he made the decision to fire Gailey and did so. It is his largest regret in his own words.

Jerry is FAR TOO LOYAL.
He has an enormous ego but an even bigger heart.

khiladi

Reaction score
The reason why people don’t criticize Jerry is because he’s a billionaire and they don’t want to close the door on the fact they may still need his connections and money. Outside of that, I’m pretty sure those same people make fun of him behind his back.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Actually it has pros and cons just like everything else in business. Players like Jerry and know he will pay or overpay. Every player in the league knows Jerry flew Gallup to his brothers funeral on his jet at his own expense.

The upside is we never lose inhouse free agents we want unless its a crazy overpayment like DeMarco Murray. The downside is we have to wait more than three days for Garrett to leave.

I'm fine with that tradeoff.
With normal operating front offices players don't have the owners phone # set on speed dial when somebody says no to them. Almost everywhere there is a chain of command to be followed .....not with jerry, he micromanages everything even into personal space with employees which undermines his coaches. Players know he has an open door policy which in and of itself is a poor business practice.

Jerry does everything wrong.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I mean the narrative here all season is that he over payed for DLaw and Zeke.

That's the fan version, not the NFL version. The DLaw negotiations dragged out because his agent wanted to be the highest paid DE while Stephen held out until they took the market rate.

Zeke's deal is backloaded so he can say he has the highest dollar amount but the signing bonus is a third of Gurley's comparable deal. Plus the first three years of the deal are lower than what Gurley will make over the same seasons.

IMO the timing of the Zeke deal was always about Zeke not wanting to slog through the druggery of training camp.

links18

Reaction score
Jimmy was done done and told anyone that would listen. He had been working 70 hour weeks non-stop for years and his most trusted guys were getting jobs elsewhere.
He picked fights with Jerry intentionally to get fired so he could keep the 2 million still owed on his contract. Jimmy had a psych degree and knew what he was doing 100%
Same way he played the idiotic media by buying them drinks weekly and giving them off the record stories.

Jimmy needed that money as the divorce had stripped a good portion of his net value.
He got his money and freedom and ran to South Florida as fast as he possibly could.
He's never left.

Jerry is FAR TOO LOYAL.
He has an enormous ego but an even bigger heart.

I mean that's one version of the story. There are others. The fact is Jimmy was nobody's puppet and Jerry likes puppets or at least soft subordinates that don't make him "walk around on eggshells" in his own building.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
There's more to it than what you say. Common knowledge.
I have heard it all, lived through it listening to Dallas sports radio daily and read the various books on it.

End of day it all comes down to Jimmy wanted out. He was tired and ready to get back to the ocean and deep sea fishing.
He literally bonded with Aikman over FRESH WATER Fish.

Jimmy was the football mind behind the success 100%
But Jimmy was done with Dallas period. He wasn't ever gonna be the savior that idiotic fans kept crying for even to this day.
The coordinators were gone and Jimmy never had an offense.
His Miami 4-3 with cover 2 was now commonplace and not an advantage.
He hadn't scouted or recruited the HS kids coming out any longer.

Jimmy's ego and love of South Florida is why he chose the Dolphins gig and had been eying it for years. Go read the Shula take on Jimmy....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I mean that's one version of the story. There are others. The fact is Jimmy was nobody's puppet and Jerry likes puppets or at least soft subordinates that don't make him "walk around on eggshells" in his own building.
can't fix stupid... and people refuse to learn so good day.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
So in other words even if you suck you have a job:facepalm: I just can't believe you become a billionaire unable to fire people whose destroying your asset. Something here is not right with this scenario. Most business men are cut throat and would cut their mother if she screwed the asset up. Jerry is either the exception or the FRAUD. Same with the Dallas Cowboys. He haven't done squat in 24 years -yet he runs a business and turns it into billions? Just doesn't add up for me:facepalm: This is definitely a job for Mulder and Scully because what's happening at the Star is definitely X-files related.
OIP.TkjEejECrBgrsegOb6q-4wHaEn

Doomsay

Reaction score
Jones believes since this is the Dallas Cowboys, he has plenty of time to find a quality replacement, regardless of what the marketplace is doing at this time. It was stressed that this was an arrogant position, but the fact remains they are the Dallas Cowboys, so they said.

https://www.samsoriginal.com/

This is the worst part, IMO.

Sam's looks awesome.

Kaiser

Reaction score
With normal operating front offices players don't have the owners phone # set on speed dial when somebody says no to them.

Stephen has done all the contracts for at least the last five years. No one has been overpaid since Tyrone Crawford.