Fisher: says it will be Ramsey over Zeke

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
MO and Carr are gone next year so I can see this happening.

I have really warmed up to taking zeke but see no way Dallas pays a rb that kind of money.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
MO and Carr are gone next year so I can see this happening.

I have really warmed up to taking zeke but see no way Dallas pays a rb that kind of money.

Well the money isn't real bad at the top of the draft anymore and you're getting fresh legs for 5 years.

With all of the OL signings we will have to make over the next 5 years I think having our top Corner on a rookie deal would be beneficial.

Sydla

Reaction score
******* it. Trade the pick Jerry, you stubborn fool. Neither of these players is worth the 4th pick.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'm fine either way.

Ramsey would be a huge addition to our defense. Especially if Marinelli would use him right and not just stick him at Corner.

I don't see why people think he's better at safety then he was at CB. 0 turnovers forced at FS in 2015, 5 turnovers forced (2 ints, 3 FFs) at CB in 2014, 2 turnovers forced (1 int, 1 FF) at CB in 2013.

Yes he's physical and yes he's a good blitzer, but he even had more sacks as a CB then he did at FS.

Jenky

Reaction score
On the Fan he said that is what Dallas would do.

So you guys who desperately want Zeke better hope the Chargers pick Ramsey.

I don't doubt this and I'm fine either way. Odds are, he wont have much of an impact this year.

Western

Reaction score
Since 1989, only 3 safety's/corner backs have been selected #4 or higher.
Eric Turner, Charles Woodson, & Shawn Springs.
By contrast, 22 DT/DE have been selected #4 or higher since 1989.

That draft position deserves & mandates playmaking status production in college - you know, interceptions.
At least Elliot produced yards and touchdowns in college.
Similarly, Bosa produced sacks in college.

Drafting a guy because you hope & project that he will be like a NFL player is not a draft strategy.
Collegiate production matters when selecting a player at #4 (no matter what position -- even an OL's production can be measured).
If he wasn't a ball hawk in college - he ain't going to be one in the NFL.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't doubt this and I'm fine either way. Odds are, he wont have much of an impact this year.

What if Wentz goes to Philly and Elliot goes to NYG and they are both studs and Ramsey is just a really good player?

That would make me sick.

WE screwed up not finding a way to get Wentz on this roster.

Jenky

Reaction score
What if Wentz goes to Philly and Elliot goes to NYG and they are both studs and Ramsey is just a really good player?

That would make me sick.

WE screwed up not finding a way to get Wentz on this roster.

The price was just too much for Wentz. He's not Andrew Luck coming out of college.

I'll admit, I want Elliott though.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
******* it. Trade the pick Jerry, you stubborn fool. Neither of these players is worth the 4th pick.

Since it appears pretty obvious to you that neither player is worth the 4th pick, don't you agree it is quite problematic trying to trade the pick? Who is going to give up much in a trade for players obviously not worth it?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If zeke is E. James or M. Faulk? He's not worth 4?

He's not Faulk so let's dismiss that.

Edge? mmmmm .. Edge probably isn't worth a top 5 pick in todays game.

RB's just don't go that high anymore unless they are a freak talent. I don't think he is that. He's really good though.

Nobody wants to invest in RB's because you can find guys that produce at a high level later on and the injury risk is so high that you don't want 5 million dollars sitting on the sideline.

I really like Zeke. I just don't think it's a good longterm move. I could be wrong though and i'll be happy with Ramsey or Zeke.

Sydla

Reaction score
Since it appears pretty obvious to you that neither player is worth the 4th pick, don't you agree it is quite problematic trying to trade the pick? Who is going to give up much in a trade for players obviously not worth it?

Elliott is a primo player. I suspect someone would trade up for him.

My desire to not take Elliott at 4 isn't because I think he's a bad player. It's because I believe with the way this team is constructed with the assets on the OL, you don't need to spend a high pick on a TB to be successful. So in that sense, the value in the 4th pick is much higher trading it for more picks than taking the TB. But make no mistake, I suspect someone would want that spot for Elliott as he's a very good player.