Fisher: says it will be Ramsey over Zeke

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
They are saying things.

The fact they didn't bring Ramsey in for a visit leads me to believe they aren't real high on him and they are hoping Dallas will make a trade.

I think Dallas WANTS Elliot but they know it doesn't make any sense from a value standpoint. They would be happy I think if the Chargers made the decision for them so they could draft Zeke.

I mean, I get all this talk about the value for picks and all that but in the end why not get the player you want and think makes your team better. Why pick a player just because his value is there at that particular pick. Go get your guy you want and ride with it and never look back.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nothing 100%, but I'd say the thing I'm most certain about tomorrow is that barring some otherworldly and unrealistic trade offer, they will take Ramsey at 4 if he is available.

If he's not available, all sort of scenarios open up and that is when the infighting will take place at VR.

Fair trade down, Bosa, Elliott, Tunsil, Buckner....wide open, as far as I'm concerned.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Nothing 100%, but I'd say the thing I'm most certain about tomorrow is that barring some otherworldly and unrealistic trade offer, they will take Ramsey at 4 if he is available.

If he's not available, all sort of scenarios open up and that is when the infighting will take place at VR.

Fair trade down, Bosa, Elliott, Tunsil, Buckner....wide open, as far as I'm concerned.

I think if Jerry gets offered a top 9 pick + a 2nd rounder, he's taking it whether Ramsey is available at 4 or not. And I'm leaning towards that offer coming to fruition tomorrow night.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Elliott is a primo player. I suspect someone would trade up for him.

My desire to not take Elliott at 4 isn't because I think he's a bad player. It's because I believe with the way this team is constructed with the assets on the OL, you don't need to spend a high pick on a TB to be successful. So in that sense, the value in the 4th pick is much higher trading it for more picks than taking the TB. But make no mistake, I suspect someone would want that spot for Elliott as he's a very good player.
Exactly. If it were the other way around, and we had a great defense and a below-average OL, Elliott would be the choice.

Of course, if this team had a great defense, we'd have probably won the SB in 2014.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think if Jerry gets offered a top 9 pick + a 2nd rounder, he's taking it whether Ramsey is available at 4 or not. And I'm leaning towards that offer coming to fruition tomorrow night.

That's been my top choice, but was hoping it was 7 or 8 so some top tier guys would still be there.
An extra early 2nd this year would be huge.
And hey, if it's true they love Rankins, then he'd be there, most likely, at 9

But I get the feeling that if Ramsey's there, they take him. Period

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I mean, I get all this talk about the value for picks and all that but in the end why not get the player you want and think makes your team better. Why pick a player just because his value is there at that particular pick. Go get your guy you want and ride with it and never look back.

All that value talk is fans watching too much Mel Kiper. Same guys were probably mad at frederick being drafted because of (value), whatever that even means

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Agreed, their(San Diego) DB's coach ran Ramsey's pro day though

Yep.
B8883583Z.1_20160409165537_000GI9G22RP.2-0_r900x493.jpg

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Exactly. If it were the other way around, and we had a great defense and a below-average OL, Elliott would be the choice.

Of course, if this team had a great defense, we'd have probably won the SB in 2014.

If we had a great defense and i mean great, we would have won the superbowl many times already. At least once when TO was here and maybe twice since then