Fisher:The top five reasons to justify Dak as a $30M QB

Flamma

Reaction score
Great posts in this thread.

Every team has the same cap. The team that wins is the one that gets the most value for that spending. Paying "market value" for all of your players will make you an average team, almost by definition.

If you are a Dak fan, I suppose you want him to get paid. If you are a Cowboys fan, you want every single player to take the smallest possible contract because that allows for the best possible team.

Well, every team starts off with the same cap, that is until they add the carry over, if any, from the previous season.

The one thing I don't understand is who would be a Dak fan that's not a Cowboys fan first? Before the cap did anyone care what Jerry paid someone else?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Well, every team starts off with the same cap, that is until they add the carry over, if any, from the previous season.

The one thing I don't understand is who would be a Dak fan that's not a Cowboys fan first? Before the cap did anyone care what Jerry paid someone else?

I dunno. There seems to be a lot of people who are extremely happy to give Dak big money. I don't get it. Seems like most of Dak's friends and family post here.

I can understand people disagreeing and saying that Dak's deal isn't going to hurt the team because of this or that. I don't understand being outright happy about spending that much of the cap on Dak Prescott.

Flamma

Reaction score
I dunno. There seems to be a lot of people who are extremely happy to give Dak big money. I don't get it. Seems like most of Dak's friends and family post here.

I can understand people disagreeing and saying that Dak's deal isn't going to hurt the team because of this or that. I don't understand being outright happy about spending that much of the cap on Dak Prescott.

I get the same impression too. We must be misinterpreting these fans or they actually are Dak family members because it doesn't make any kind of sense otherwise. It's like being happy you broke your leg, nobody's that stupid. The higher the contract, the worse it is for the team, and the fan gets nothing either way.

What I'm thinking is that the fans that like Dak want to keep him even if it means paying him a ridiculous amount of money because they think he's worth it. At least that would make sense. So they're happy about keeping Prescott, not what he is actually being paid. Although I do agree that sometimes it comes off as being the opposite.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Pretty much the same reasoning for most fans......

Combine all his strengths both on the field, in the locker room, in the meetings how the rest of the players believe in him, how he’s proven over and over and over again how he knows how to win and you get a 30mil contract.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You can give me 100 reasons you think Dak is worth that but I only need one to refute them all. He hasn’t proved he can carry a team to victory when others are failing to perform or injured. He is a middle of the road QB and that’s how he should be paid. I actually like Dak Prescott a lot. I was on his bandwagon after preseason game #2 when he was a rookie but I cannot deny that he has not progressed enough to warrant top 5 or even top 10 QB money. I was 100% sure he would but the truth is the truth. He is average at best, has deep flaws, and cannot carry a team with his play. I do believe you can win with him at QB but only if there’s enough resources to surround him with top flight talent. Sadly, that won’t be possible if he is paid beyond what he deserves.