Twitter: Fisher tweet on Jerry Jones

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If this off season is an indication Jerry and Stephen have decided to go for broke. Then what good does a project player that will arrive in a couple of years do today?

This contradicts the one year contracts they've been handing out. Now there is always a possibility they plan on this rent-a-stud (maybe stud, we'll see) every year from here on. But predicting future possibilities and salaries which will fit within the big contracts coming up seems both very risky and filled with the idea they know something others don't.

It was this type of thinking which brought the team a "special teams" draft. I would imagine there are still GM's laughing when that subject comes up.

So what is the plan? They have done enough and can wildcat a second round pick?

Did this team sign a nose tackle, or 1 tech as the cool kids call it now? Does this team have a big body in the middle to plug up the offensive line so Jaylon and the Wolf Hunter can run free?

One might suggest the additions in the passing game has changed the face of this WR corp in a positive way. But what ate Dallas' lunch when playing the Rams?

Their run game, which set up the passing attack.

So, Texas Hold 'Em Jerry, what have you done to seal the middle of the defense and give the offense a shot at winning the play-off games before the sun sets on these one year contracts?

And why would you not listen to Gil Brandt who says this is a safety rich draft, and not look for a limping Larry who will be a pro bowler in 2022? If that amputated leg regenerates as his medical staff says is possible with genomes or some such.

As much as he sometimes does things that offer hope to the fans, he slips back into his Crazy Jerry mode and we know where that leads.

GMO415

Reaction score
Sounds like its gonna be Mississippi State defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons, projected by most as a top-20 pick in this year’s draft, suffered a knee injury during training that is feared to be a torn ACL,

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I like the Knox kid....but I'd be so pissed if we took him w/ our 2nd. He's not that big of an upgrade over Schultz to be burning our 2nd rounder on..:rolleyes:
They talked about knox on the draft show and compared him to Kittle. Saying basically Kittle had very little production but came to the nfl and blew up. Traits and skills are there.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

wonderful ah wonderful

a4f180366bd05802a238531b89f134a8.jpg

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
With all of the talk about this team taking the next step this upcoming season it makes no sense to select a player that may not be able to help you do so, by way of a red shirt season, hopefully this is just Jerry smoke.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I dont see anybody like that that in this draft atleast early,Simmons will go in the 1st RD imo.
Simmons is about the only damaged goods player that might represent value. Now, Polite is the character guy.

irishline

Reaction score
Guys I misread this first too, but all this basically says is JJ expects someone with 1st round talent and red flags to be available. It doesn’t say the team is looking to draft a risk guy.

Wouldn't someone with red flags by definition be somewhat of a risk guy? Now had you said injuries instead of red flags... Look at the list. Adams was the only one not injured and missing time out of the gate or red flagged (in the case of Gregory - and that one hasn't exactly been a win win).

GenoT

Reaction score
Maybe an injured pothead with anger-control issues...sort of a triple-threat project?

slick325

Reaction score
Sounds like its gonna be Mississippi State defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons, projected by most as a top-20 pick in this year’s draft, suffered a knee injury during training that is feared to be a torn ACL,

I can see him trying to move up to the early 2nd for Simmons if he falls. And to be honest, I wouldn't be upset at all.

Don't think he falls too far though. So...

conner01

Reaction score
That wouldn’t be a bad pick to me
But I think he still goes in first

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Maybe he's heard of a couple of potential top 20 picks who failed their drug test. Either way, Jerry's never been shy about throwing out a couple of draft hints and more times than not the selections proved he was honest. Call me crazy but I'm taking him on his word here.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ill say this, if you are sold that we are going to pick a player at a need position that will contribute immediately, then you need to be ready to be disappointed.

It may happen. But they may go a different direction