Fishsports: There are only 4 or 5 real NFC contenders

starman22

Reaction score
Help me out , how is the NFC so weak? I mean what are the measurables ? AFC = K.C , Dolphins , Jags , Ravens are all 6-2 to lead

NFC = Eagles 7-1 (Best in the League) Seahawks , Cowboys 5-2 , Lions 6-2 and 49ers 5-3. So what measurable are you using ?

The NFC South sucks but so does the AFC North and South ! Where are you getting that the NFC is weak? Or do you just follow the talking points

thrown out by the media , cause I don't see any validity in your point of view
I'm just reading through this thread, I'm glad I ran across yours. I was thinking the same exact thing. I know it kind of cycles from conference to conference, I feel it has gotten a lot more competitive than it has been in awhile.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Very true……but some teams put a premium on actually winning championships ahead of having the most valuable franchise
I seem to recall a Jerry Jones that went and got a Deion Sanders and a Charles Haley among many others. In the days when you could spend money, Jerry spent it. With the Cap in place and Free Agency what it is, and how it has basically destroyed the game, he does things to insulate his bottom line - which is exactly what you or I would do.

There's not a thing wrong with owning the most valuable sports property on the planet. You as a fan, have the privilege of aligning with a team who more befits your idea of how to run an organization. With Free Agency, all we're doing is rooting for clothes anyway.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The idea that the Seahawks and Lions are contenders but the Cowboys aren't is really dumb lol

Like did we forget that the Lions got hammered by the Ravens or that the Seahawks lost to the Rams?
until we see it. We arent. We will know more after Sunday. I will gladly change my mind.we arent anything yet.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'd say right now the Eagles are the only contender - Dallas, SF, DeT and Seattle are all second tier right now...match up wise there are some there that would be more advantageous than others...If Dallas somehow wins this weekend or even keeps it within a point or two, then i think there could be a bit of a shake up but for right now...its Philly ,then the next 4, then the rest.
I agree. But until we see it..we aren't anything. We are an outlier, an unknown. and enigma. Sunday is key

phildadon86

Reaction score
Help me out , how is the NFC so weak? I mean what are the measurables ? AFC = K.C , Dolphins , Jags , Ravens are all 6-2 to lead

NFC = Eagles 7-1 (Best in the League) Seahawks , Cowboys 5-2 , Lions 6-2 and 49ers 5-3. So what measurable are you using ?

The NFC South sucks but so does the AFC North and South ! Where are you getting that the NFC is weak? Or do you just follow the talking points

thrown out by the media , cause I don't see any validity in your point of view
Who are the QBs of said teams?

Geno smith?
Jared Goff?

Compared to
Hurts
Prescott
And Purdy I guess.

When I say the nfc is weak. I mean Brady and Rodgers are both no longer here.

Eagles as you said are the best in the NFL. Did they stand pat? Nope. They got better. Niners. Did they stand pat? Nope. They added. Cowboys. Sat around a table and told eachother how smart and good they are.

That’s the difference

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry Stephen. Don’t take it personally.
Dude you're seriously delusional if you're calling that dude elite, he never has been elite not since college the man was a disappointment and that's why he was traded.. If you think this guy is a elite you have a big gap in reality to what goes on in the NFL because this dude hasn't done anything special, he's Dorrance Armstrong.. I've already showed facts and you're posting like you know something someone else doesn't know in here... get over yourself.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Danielle Hunter? I disagree that a third was too high if that's what they would have taken. He leads the NFL in tackles for loss (12) and has 10 sacks through eight games.
Why do people have these discussions when one thing we do not need a defensive end.... Most of those trades never made sense all these rumors it never happened not one of those players that were linked to us with the big names ever got traded.... The rest of them never fit in need they don't move the needle for us and the ones that happen within our division were not gonna be traded to us so this whole discussion is a moot point...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd say right now the Eagles are the only contender - Dallas, SF, DeT and Seattle are all second tier right now...match up wise there are some there that would be more advantageous than others...If Dallas somehow wins this weekend or even keeps it within a point or two, then i think there could be a bit of a shake up but for right now...its Philly ,then the next 4, then the rest.
I don't see it I agree that those four are the names for obvious reasons but there is no real gap between any of them it's all settled on the field not by hyperbole and looking at what their record everybody plays a different team even if it's the same team so even using common opponents is really not gonna work because just like when we meet Miami you think that's fair miami's probably going to be at full strength they're probably not gonna have all the calls go against them it's gonna be a different game than when the Eagles played Miami just like when we play Washington it'll probably be a little easier for us because now that Washington and New York got rid of a lot of good players probably gonna be much easier games than you know the Eagles got from them..

So stop the nonsense I've watched the Eagles games they are not dominant there is no gap you think there is I say there might be a gap in the aggressiveness from their front office and their ownership and their coach but that doesn't make the players on the field better I don't see it... Yes they are all our main competitors but I don't see the gap I think all four are very close it could swing either way with injuries or weather or something crazy happening in a game but there is no big gap not even with San Francisco to Dallas I know we just got blown out but I don't see them as that much better than us...

It was simply a bad game period end of story... You're entitled to your opinion but I think the way you look at Philadelphia is skewed I've watched their games they've struggled in every game yes they won most of them but they are not beating even the teams are supposed to blow out it's a close game till the very end... There's nothing clear about the gap between Philly and the rest of those teams... I believe we have to play all of them correct I mean I didn't look at our schedule but the fact is we still get to play Detroit and Philly twice.. A lot is gonna be proven on the field well that San Francisco game be an outlier would just be a really bad game and if we can split with Philly and beat Detroit then what??

There is far too much football left to play to be calling somebody a clear front runner I don't think anybody in the NFL including the chiefs are no longer a clear front runner this year has been a year of parity, it's almost what Roger Goodell dreamt up.

Jipper

Reaction score
I don't see it I agree that those four are the names for obvious reasons but there is no real gap between any of them it's all settled on the field not by hyperbole and looking at what their record everybody plays a different team even if it's the same team so even using common opponents is really not gonna work because just like when we meet Miami you think that's fair miami's probably going to be at full strength they're probably not gonna have all the calls go against them it's gonna be a different game than when the Eagles played Miami just like when we play Washington it'll probably be a little easier for us because now that Washington and New York got rid of a lot of good players probably gonna be much easier games than you know the Eagles got from them..

So stop the nonsense I've watched the Eagles games they are not dominant there is no gap you think there is I say there might be a gap in the aggressiveness from their front office and their ownership and their coach but that doesn't make the players on the field better I don't see it... Yes they are all our main competitors but I don't see the gap I think all four are very close it could swing either way with injuries or weather or something crazy happening in a game but there is no big gap not even with San Francisco to Dallas I know we just got blown out but I don't see them as that much better than us...

It was simply a bad game period end of story... You're entitled to your opinion but I think the way you look at Philadelphia is skewed I've watched their games they've struggled in every game yes they won most of them but they are not beating even the teams are supposed to blow out it's a close game till the very end... There's nothing clear about the gap between Philly and the rest of those teams... I believe we have to play all of them correct I mean I didn't look at our schedule but the fact is we still get to play Detroit and Philly twice.. A lot is gonna be proven on the field well that San Francisco game be an outlier would just be a really bad game and if we can split with Philly and beat Detroit then what??

There is far too much football left to play to be calling somebody a clear front runner I don't think anybody in the NFL including the chiefs are no longer a clear front runner this year has been a year of parity, it's almost what Roger Goodell dreamt up.
sorry i don't agree, the eagles have the best lines in football overall and that is predominantly where i see the gap coming from. Yes the game in SF was a crap show and a very bad game which is fine, and yes Dak played terrible there but has played better the last couple of weeks. The point is right now, the Eagles are the clear cut best team in the NFL and whether you agree or not, that is what all of the people that get paid to analyze the NFL are stating. The next 4 or 5 are all pretty close and things can change vastly over the next month...but right now the eagles are clearly the front runner. Hopefully as of SUnday night things are a bit different however.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Dude you're seriously delusional if you're calling that dude elite, he never has been elite not since college the man was a disappointment and that's why he was traded.. If you think this guy is a elite you have a big gap in reality to what goes on in the NFL because this dude hasn't done anything special, he's Dorrance Armstrong.. I've already showed facts and you're posting like you know something someone else doesn't know in here... get over yourself.
Ok dude sure will.

blueblood70

Reaction score
sorry i don't agree, the eagles have the best lines in football overall and that is predominantly where i see the gap coming from. Yes the game in SF was a crap show and a very bad game which is fine, and yes Dak played terrible there but has played better the last couple of weeks. The point is right now, the Eagles are the clear cut best team in the NFL and whether you agree or not, that is what all of the people that get paid to analyze the NFL are stating. The next 4 or 5 are all pretty close and things can change vastly over the next month...but right now the eagles are clearly the front runner. Hopefully as of SUnday night things are a bit different however.
I disagree with your disagreement. here we sit.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I bet Jerry wants to win a Super Bowl FAR more than you do.

I'm sure of it.
100 :hammer: anybody who acts like jerry doesn't care and all he cares about is money and ratings are really stupid... the difference between the old jerry and the new is hes not willing to go all in high risk and hang himself out there to be terrible for 5+ years recovering from that gamble.. AS Most teams have the same approach.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm just reading through this thread, I'm glad I ran across yours. I was thinking the same exact thing. I know it kind of cycles from conference to conference, I feel it has gotten a lot more competitive than it has been in awhile.
Yeah, "Weak" would not be the word I'd use.
"Less daunting" than most years, maybe...if we are talking the entire league

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I bet Jerry wants to win a Super Bowl FAR more than you do.

I'm sure of it.
If he's wanted to win as bad as he says I'm sure he'd have one in the last 27 years. Keep on buying merchandise, I'm sure he loved you.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If he's wanted to win as bad as he says I'm sure he'd have one in the last 27 years. Keep on buying merchandise, I'm sure he loved you.
Just because someone wants something doesn't mean they get it.
He has 3 but I guarantee he wants that 4th badly after so long.

And hold off the insults. That has nothing to do with the conversation