Twitter: Five Cowboys - Three OL selected First Team All-Pro

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
There is flipping no way Dak gets MVP over Ryan. There was a thread for someone's "case for Dak" and I didn't even go into it (no disrespect to the person who created it, I don't remember who it was).

Ryan had a historically great season. He damned well better get it.

I agree. Ryan's numbers are insane, much better than Cam Newton's when he won it. Only argument against Ryan would've been if his team didn't do very well, but they've finished with a 1st round bye so I'd call that a win. I'd be upset if they gave it to Brady over Ryan. The Falcons would be awful without Ryan. At this point, accept the fact that Matt Ryan will win MVP, Zeke will win ROY, and be happy that Lee is an All Pro and that Dak will be the first rookie QB to win the Super Bowl.

Edit: Also a little surprised to see "None" get the 2nd team All Pro nod at placekicker over Bailey.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
How does that even happen? A snub for the pro bowl, but named 1st team all-pro?: :huh:

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Opposite for Dak, but I guess with Rodgers and Ryan in his Conference he wasn't getting All Pro.

That happens all the time, all pro is the more elite honor. 5 linebackers are named to the pro bowl for each conference, only 3 are named 1st team all pro. Makes no sense, usually the "top 3" (of those 5 from the pro bowl) are named 1st team all pro (a sam, mike, and will). It only highlights the snub, someone is admitted they screwed up....

Last edited:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Martin is not an UFA until after 2018........I see more of a 6/54m if they do it next year

We have a fifth year option for 2018. That will likely be nearly 10 mill for 2018.

In 2019, you can be sure that you aren't getting a top notch G locked up for 5 years and 60 mill. The top paid guard right now is Osemele at 5 year, 58.5 mill. He's earned fewer honors than Zack at this point despite this being his 5th year in the league.

We've done deals for both Tyron and Fred going into their fourth year. Fred is the top paid center right now. And we've got him locked up until 2023.

Why on earth would we do Martin differently and not pay him top value?

Deals entering the 4th year are incredibly smart. Players are willing to sign because they get their security much earlier. The team benefits because the extension money really doesn't kick in big until a few years down the line. At that point the contact is proportionally much smaller in terms of cap space eaten up b/c the cap keeps rising. OR we can wait and then be looking at 14-15 mill a year.

Titleist

Reaction score
Isn't getting voted to the all-pro team recognition?
I'm just saying that all on-field performance considered equal, offensive guards get less recognition from the average fan than say, running back or wide receiver.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I'm just saying that all on-field performance considered equal, offensive guards get less recognition from the average fan than say, running back or wide receiver.

No doubt. Most people are stupid.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
AP17006583217780.jpg

There's something about Lee that just isn't the same as all those other All Pros! :)

BLUE EYES BABY!!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
This should give endorsement to earlier week comparisons to the best records in the history of the Cowboys...as the recognition for player contributions are as high as back then.

Some quality and character as well, there. Thanks, WG...

FRISCO, Texas -- With the best record in the NFC and the second-best record in the NFL, the Dallas Cowboys have five players voted first-team All Pro: Ezekiel Elliott, Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, Zack Martin and Sean Lee.

"I think it's probably a reflection of the team success that we've had, and those guys are big part of the team success that we've had. We've had a lot of guys contribute to that," coach Jason Garrett said Friday.

"The guys mentioned are among the best players at their position in the National Football League, and they're regarded that way -- by their teammates and by the people they go against -- but I do think many of those awards are a function of the success you have as a team. They contributed to it, but a lot of people contributed to it, as well."

The last time the Cowboys had five first-team All Pro players was in 1969 when Calvin Hill, Chuck Howley, Bob Lilly, Ralph Neely and John Niland were honored...

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...s-have-most-first-team-ap-all-pros-since-1969

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
AP17006583217780.jpg

There's something about Lee that just isn't the same as all those other All Pros! :)

BLUE EYES BABY!!!

The fact that Chris Harris made first-team over Janoris Jenkins shows the flaw in the AP voting (even after they changed it this year). Jenkins got more votes than Harris but didn't make it because far too many voters thought he was better than Harris. Yep, that's correct. Jenkins got 17 votes at cornerback, and Harris got only four. But AP added a fifth DB to the All-Pro team, so voters could also name their third-best cornerback or safety to that spot. Harris got 14 votes there, more than anyone else, and Jenkins got two. And that makes Harris a first-team All-Pro, even though more voters voted for Jenkins overall (19 to 18), and more voters had Jenkins in their top two (14 to 4).

There have been countless other players who didn't make All-Pro in other years just because the voters didn't even know which position they played (ie., a defensive end getting votes at tackle or an inside linebacker getting votes at outside linebacker, etc.).

9of11

Reaction score
AWESOME!!! I expect to see Dak being All Pro next year.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The pro bowl should turn into a Kevin hart hosted roast and awards show and general celebration. Charities auctions, fun guests, video montages etc. have jimmy Fallon pick captains and do tug of war with like five dudes. Have random fun games and let fans vote on who we wanna see get slimed. silly hats the whole deal.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The fact that Chris Harris made first-team over Janoris Jenkins shows the flaw in the AP voting (even after they changed it this year). Jenkins got more votes than Harris but didn't make it because far too many voters thought he was better than Harris. Yep, that's correct. Jenkins got 17 votes at cornerback, and Harris got only four. But AP added a fifth DB to the All-Pro team, so voters could also name their third-best cornerback or safety to that spot. Harris got 14 votes there, more than anyone else, and Jenkins got two. And that makes Harris a first-team All-Pro, even though more voters voted for Jenkins overall (19 to 18), and more voters had Jenkins in their top two (14 to 4).

There have been countless other players who didn't make All-Pro in other years just because the voters didn't even know which position they played (ie., a defensive end getting votes at tackle or an inside linebacker getting votes at outside linebacker, etc.).
Are you saying they voted on nickel back even tho nether played it this year or are you saying the same voters who voted for Jenkins then switched their vote to Harris arbitrarily

mrmojo

Reaction score
Making All Pro is the ultimate award. Congratulations to all 5.