Twitter: Five Cowboys - Three OL selected First Team All-Pro

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Are you saying they voted on nickel back even tho nether played it this year or are you saying the same voters who voted for Jenkins then switched their vote to Harris arbitrarily

The voters were not voting for the best "nickel back," and nobody switched their vote. They all had to vote for five defensive backs -- two cornerbacks and two safeties, plus another cornerback or safety. So all 50 voters named either their top two or top three cornerbacks (most of them named three corners and two safeties).

More of them had Jenkins among their top two cornerbacks (17 to 4) and more of them had Jenkins among their top three cornerbacks (19 to 18), but Harris is first-team All-Pro instead of Jenkins because more voters put Harris third instead of either first or second.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hear you, its like Drew Pearson making the all decade team and he cant even sniff the HOF.
Its even more of a shame than that...

Drew Pearson made the all decade team but he cant even sniff the Cowboys ring of honor.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Conklin also makes the All Pro team as a OL. Wasn't Martin the first to do it in like 60something years?

Also interesting to see that Marcus Peters is already an All Pro CB. He was a guy with a lot of talent but some personality issues that dropped him into the mid/late 1st round. Seems to have paid off. Kansas City has a good secondary and front 7.
Peters was far and away the best CB in that class, I was desperate for him to fall to us......

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have a fifth year option for 2018. That will likely be nearly 10 mill for 2018.

In 2019, you can be sure that you aren't getting a top notch G locked up for 5 years and 60 mill. The top paid guard right now is Osemele at 5 year, 58.5 mill. He's earned fewer honors than Zack at this point despite this being his 5th year in the league.

We've done deals for both Tyron and Fred going into their fourth year. Fred is the top paid center right now. And we've got him locked up until 2023.

Why on earth would we do Martin differently and not pay him top value?

Deals entering the 4th year are incredibly smart. Players are willing to sign because they get their security much earlier. The team benefits because the extension money really doesn't kick in big until a few years down the line. At that point the contact is proportionally much smaller in terms of cap space eaten up b/c the cap keeps rising. OR we can wait and then be looking at 14-15 mill a year.
Osemele was signed to play OT.

Frederick's contract averages 9.4M and he is the best Center in the NFL. Is Martin worth that much more?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
AP17006583217780.jpg

There's something about Lee that just isn't the same as all those other All Pros! :)

BLUE EYES BABY!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

He don't really blend in ,,, with those blue eyes:starspin:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Peters was far and away the best CB in that class, I was desperate for him to fall to us......

One of the best true corners to come out in years. Maybe not the athletic freak Ramsey is, but Peters is gonna have a long and stellar career. The Chiefs defense is stacked. And they struck gold in special teams with Tyreek Hill.

Proximo

Reaction score
I don't understand how Leary doesn't get a pro bowl nod at least once.... because he wasn't a first round pick? He's been just as solid as everyone else

Precisely. I truly believe he flies under the radar due to his draft status. He is a fantastic guard and an ABSOLUTE ANIMAL in the run game. Gets no love outside of Cowboys fans, at least from what I've seen.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Its even more of a shame than that...

Drew Pearson made the all decade team but he cant even sniff the Cowboys ring of honor.
Yup! Most of the greatest plays in Cowboys history involved Drew.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Osemele was signed to play OT.

Frederick's contract averages 9.4M and he is the best Center in the NFL. Is Martin worth that much more?

He plays OG.

That's the OG market now. Stay current son.

irishline

Reaction score
I hear you, its like Drew Pearson making the all decade team and he cant even sniff the HOF.

Even worse is that he isn't the only Cowboy on that all decade team that isn't in the HOF. Poor Cliff Harris and Harvey Martin (though he was 2nd team). They should all be in the hall.

Between the three of them they have only been a finalist 1 time. I mean really?

Last edited:

mrmojo

Reaction score
Even worse is that he isn't the only Cowboy on that all decade team that isn't in the HOF. Poor Cliff Harris and Harvey Martin (though he was 2nd team). They should all be in the hall.

Between the three of them they have only been a finalist 1 time. I mean really?
Sure they lost those SBs to the Steelers but heck even the SB loser Bills and Vikings have several players in the HOF, it's a shame really.

irishline

Reaction score
Sure they lost those SBs to the Steelers but heck even the SB loser Bills and Vikings have several players in the HOF, it's a shame really.

Agreed. They went to. 5 of the 10 super bowls that decade and were in 7 NFC championship games. That group should have more players in the hall than it does.

plasticman

Reaction score
So basically they are saying that the Cowboys have the best tackle, guard and center in the league.

They will be called upon to prove it in about a week.