Flashback of Cowboys scouting Bryce Young

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

With the Cowboys facing Bryce Young this week, here’s a great behind the scenes look at what the Cowboys’ scouts and coaches thought of the Panthers QB entering this year’s draft.

“This kid’s ability to make something out of nothing is special.”

“Like the Steph Curry of football …”

“You love everything. The only thing you can knock him on is his height. He checks all the boxes.”

Skip to the 34:25 mark: youtu.be/uAl95Ucx2eg?si…

SackMaster

Reaction score
“This kid’s ability to make something out of nothing is special.”

So far in his NFL career, the results say .... This is a Lie.
:muttley:

Not saying he can't turn it around, but so far, he is a lot more the problem than the solution in Carolina.

JMHO

Big_D

Reaction score
Carolina's offense is garbage.. hard to just blame the QB. Frank Reich is terrible. He couldn't look any worse in Indy and still found a job? Pretty mind blowing. Until they get some offensive talent and a real HC and build an O line of course the QB decision won't look very good. Me personally, I'm not drafting a 5'10" QB but besides that he really went to a pretty bad situation.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carolina's offense is garbage.. hard to just blame the QB. Frank Reich is terrible. He couldn't look any worse in Indy and still found a job? Pretty mind blowing. Until they get some offensive talent and a real HC and build an O line of course the QB decision won't look very good. Me personally, I'm not drafting a 5'10" QB but besides that he really went to a pretty bad situation.
100% this. Environment is a huge part of it. The Panthers have no line and no weapons and are just throwing him to the wolves. He may develop anyway or it may ruin him, but it's impossible to evaluate him at this point.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I think one of the biggest mistakes the Panthers made was getting rid of DJ Moore, you can't have your young QB surrounded with no playmakers. That's why I think the Titans weren't interested in trading Henry, why would you take a weapon away from your QB? You can't make a true evaluation if you do that

Mr_437

Reaction score
Guys seem to get on track when they play the Cowboys, plus Frank Reich is taking over playcalling...a perfect mix for Young to play his best.

Dallas by 20.

Big_D

Reaction score
100% this. Environment is a huge part of it. The Panthers have no line and no weapons and are just throwing him to the wolves. He may develop anyway or it may ruin him, but it's impossible to evaluate him at this point.

They have a lot of work to do before they can really evaluate the situation. They spent a lot on Young so they better get started if they want any kind of return.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Also, would've never drafted Young in the first round just because his size. I think teams will stop drafting these undersized qbs if Young doesn't pan out. Kyler Murray and Young might scare them off for good

Reid1boys

Reaction score
real head coach? You havent figure out how closely aligned a coaches success is with how good his qb is? Billy Boy sucks now... hmmm, did he forget how to coach? Because since Brady went away, his team is probably in the bottom 1/4 of the league as far as record goes over that time span.

Big_D

Reaction score
real head coach? You havent figure out how closely aligned a coaches success is with how good his qb is? Billy Boy sucks now... hmmm, did he forget how to coach? Because since Brady went away, his team is probably in the bottom 1/4 of the league as far as record goes over that time span.
Finding a franchise QB isn't easy. This line of thinking is comical. He lost probably one of the greatest QBs of all time, but should continue winning Super Bowls or just never miss a beat? Like Frank Reich didn't cycle through QBs with the Colts. But not to worry cause a great one should just fall in his lap someday. Still funny that the coach had zero to do with it. Like learning how to read defenses and get the timing of the offense down. Practice and preparation played no part at all in Brady's success? You don't win 6 Super Bowls without that. Plus 2 more elsewhere as a DC.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Finding a franchise QB isn't easy. This line of thinking is comical. He lost probably one of the greatest QBs of all time, but should continue winning Super Bowls or just never miss a beat? Like Frank Reich didn't cycle through QBs with the Colts. But not to worry cause a great one should just fall in his lap someday. Still funny that the coach had zero to do with it. Like learning how to read defenses and get the timing of the offense down. Practice and preparation played no part at all in Brady's success? You don't win 6 Super Bowls without that. Plus 2 more elsewhere as a DC.
So do you think Billy was out on the field working with Brady on his footwork? You think Billy was in the film room helping Brady prepare? Abd you are right, finding a franchise qb is damn hard, and the coaches that luck out and get one all of the sudden become "Great,"coaches. Watch... that Houston coach is about to start climbing the rank of "Great,"coaches pretty soon.

Strangely, Brady left and went to a team that hadnt made the playoffs in 11 seasons and immediately won a Super Bowl. He left said team and they are right back to stinking again.

Billy.... without the qb is just another guy. His current team is one of the worst in the entire league.