Flashback of Cowboys scouting Bryce Young

gtb1943

Reaction score
"Together they overcame obstacles neither could have on their own."

What makes you say that? Brady had no problem overcoming obstacles as he won a SB in his first season after leaving the great Brady and the "Patriot Way." What a joke that expression is.

What would you expect Brady to say? yea, Bill didnt have anything to do with my success, it was all me?
Dont talk to me about the great "Core," the Bucs had. That core missed the playoffs for the 11 seasons in a row prior to Brady showing up. Then that same core that hadt made the playoffs was immediately a SB winner.

So if Bills meticulous attention to details about coaching, scouting, practice an djust game details was so amazing, compared to other teams and coaches, why is it that same attention to detail has gotten him nowhere except maybe the worst team in the entire NFL now that Brady has left?

ALL coaches are products of their QB... all of them. Take that back..... 98% of them are.
Joe Gibbs won 3 SBs with QBs that were not all that.
I could go on and on but its clearly nothing you are able to understand

gtb1943

Reaction score
are you kidding me?? 77 year old Brady didnt lead the Bucs to the SB.... see, that is the proof!!!! smh

Im glad you fall on the chair laughing, cause Ill win this debate with you all day long over and over and over.
Saints ... amazing organization top to bottom .... smh... Brees retires, saints suck, Peyton needs time with family....lol

GB.... another model Franchise for damn near 25 years..... once the HOF QBs are gon, GB now sucks major ...
Steelers and their amazing coaches, both Cowher and Tomlin.... Big Ben retires and pow, Steelers suck. Done talk to me about this years record.. thats a house of cards and everyone knows it. EXACTLY like the Giants last year. Winning all kinds of 1 score games... suddnely that playoff Giants team is as bad as any in the league. I can keep going for days.
And last year what did the great Brady do?
You keep dodging that
I could go on and on for days as well showing just how stupid this claim of yours is

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Joe Gibbs won 3 SBs with QBs that were not all that.
I could go on and on but its clearly nothing you are able to understand
Clearly you dont understand what 98% means. I was thinking of the people that were going to point to Gibbs as their "Proof," that it isnt all about the QB when I put 98%

Reid1boys

Reaction score
And last year what did the great Brady do?
You keep dodging that
I could go on and on for days as well showing just how stupid this claim of yours is
Im not avoiding anytihng... did you read my post? So you are saying that because Brady was only able to win 1 SB in his three years with the Bucs that that is proof he needed Bill? And because in his 43 season as a QB at age 725.. tat is also proof? smh. In the words of the great John McEnroe.... YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS?

gtb1943

Reaction score
Clearly you dont understand what 98% means. I was thinking of the people that were going to point to Gibbs as their "Proof," that it isnt all about the QB when I put 98%
AND BB is one of that 2%

gtb1943

Reaction score
Im not avoiding anytihng... did you read my post? So you are saying that because Brady was only able to win 1 SB in his three years with the Bucs that that is proof he needed Bill? And because in his 43 season as a QB at age 725.. tat is also proof? smh. In the words of the great John McEnroe.... YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS?
ANYONE thinking a QB has most of the credit for a teams success over a period of time is an idiot
Did Brady run the draft at any time? Was he the GM at any time? Did he work the FA market at any time?
Did he control the roster at any time? DID he hire the coaching staff at any time?
and in those first few years TB was more of a bus driver; but you avoid that as well

visionary

Reaction score
“This kid’s ability to make something out of nothing is special.”

So far in his NFL career, the results say .... This is a Lie.
:muttley:

Not saying he can't turn it around, but so far, he is a lot more the problem than the solution in Carolina.

JMHO
Not really
Hes always been given ‘something’, give him ‘nothing’ then see the magic
:omg:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Not really
Hes always been given ‘something’, give him ‘nothing’ then see the magic
:omg:
There is no QB in history that could make up for a Poor O line and poor WRs and all the rest
Not Brady; no one

Motorola

Reaction score
Scuttlebutt among Carolina followers is that HC Reich wanted C.J. Stroud, but the Teppers (wife involved in football operations) along with GM Fitterer overruled him.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
"Together they overcame obstacles neither could have on their own."

What makes you say that? Brady had no problem overcoming obstacles as he won a SB in his first season after leaving the great Brady and the "Patriot Way." What a joke that expression is.

What would you expect Brady to say? yea, Bill didnt have anything to do with my success, it was all me?
Dont talk to me about the great "Core," the Bucs had. That core missed the playoffs for the 11 seasons in a row prior to Brady showing up. Then that same core that hadt made the playoffs was immediately a SB winner.

So if Bills meticulous attention to details about coaching, scouting, practice an djust game details was so amazing, compared to other teams and coaches, why is it that same attention to detail has gotten him nowhere except maybe the worst team in the entire NFL now that Brady has left?

ALL coaches are products of their QB... all of them. Take that back..... 98% of them are.
Better players certainly help a coaches perception but to act like the guy who pulled all the strings to build & continually rebuild championship level teams for two decades is "just a guy" is just not rational.

You will get no argument from me that QB is the most important position. They Bucs had a competitive team, they just needed a consistent QB. As I said, they loaded up once they got him to complete their roster.

You put Brady with a bunch of organizations and he is never the GOAT. You put Favre on the Patriots with Bill & it isn't as successful. You had to have two guys who could see it the same way and then willing to put in the work to perfect it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Our Scouting Department got it wrong concerning Bryce Young. So glad Jerry didn't have a Top 10 pick. He definitely would have given up future top picks to move up to #1 to pick up that major dud.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Scuttlebutt among Carolina followers is that HC Reich wanted C.J. Stroud, but the Teppers (wife involved in football operations) along with GM Fitterer overruled him.
Ha! Those owner fools are reaping their horrible mistake. They have no one to blame but themselves. They sound like Jerry with he giving up a needed 4th round pick for a BUST of a QB in Lance. The Teppers had best not blame Reich if Bryce Young doesn't work out for them, especially since Reich wanted CJ Stroud.

Motorola

Reaction score
Ha! Those owner fools are reaping their horrible mistake. They have no one to blame but themselves. They sound like Jerry with he giving up a needed 4th round pick for a BUST of a QB in Lance. The Teppers had best not blame Reich if Bryce Young doesn't work out for them, especially since Reich wanted CJ Stroud.
If Reich is sacked (pun intended), potential candidates better gather a whole lot of information from people and organizations that were \ are in and around that franchise, before they want to pursue that job.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Better players certainly help a coaches perception but to act like the guy who pulled all the strings to build & continually rebuild championship level teams for two decades is "just a guy" is just not rational.

You will get no argument from me that QB is the most important position. They Bucs had a competitive team, they just needed a consistent QB. As I said, they loaded up once they got him to complete their roster.

You put Brady with a bunch of organizations and he is never the GOAT. You put Favre on the Patriots with Bill & it isn't as successful. You had to have two guys who could see it the same way and then willing to put in the work to perfect it.
we just disagree. Ive stated this many times before. I believe that most NFL rosters can be put into a statistical bell shaped curve. If you've taken stats, you'll know what I mean.

Basically, 80% of all NFL rosters are pretty similar. Lines are similar, WRs are similar... its all similar. You have outliers in both directions. You have the 10% of rosters that just stink, and you have 10 that are better than the avg.

Coaches also go into that curve. My view is that all of these guys know football. Not many people are reinventing the wheel. Its a copy cat league. Anything that a hot shot young coach comes up with this season will be copied by another team in a few weeks......they all know their stuff.

Then you have the QB. The QB is what sets them apart. If you have that Brees, Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Brady... now that slides that entire roster far over to the right and increases your odds of winning a SB significantly. I feel the proof is in what weve seen with the teams Ive mentioned. The Colts, Broncos, Packers, Saints, Steelers, Pats, .... all of those teams that had sustained success of 10 years or more, their coaches were all viewed as excellent. The organizations were called "Model franchises," by many in this very forum. Then almost IMMEDIATELY, as soon as the QB went away, that teams success went away.

This is not subjective, this is not opinion. This is fact.

Oh.... 2 teams, the Bucs and Denver sucked nd as soon as they landed manning and Brady, they were SB contenders... and actually did in fact win. As soon as those QBs got old and retired, they stunk again.

Again, this is a=factual, not subjective.

John813

Reaction score
To be fair to Young, Tua his rookie year looked meh.
He had a **** offensive line and no talent at receiver or RB and a head coach that never liked him.

Carolina in their quest to tank and get the first overall shipped off CMC last midseason and then traded off DJ Moore.
Two #1's at their respective positions and give Young over the hill players or mid RBs to work with.

Now, I'm sure it sting for Carolina fans to then watch Stroud blow up with Brown, Collins and Dell(R) year 1. But rookie years for QB's should be taken with a grain of salt, good or bad outcomes.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There is no QB in history that could make up for a Poor O line and poor WRs and all the rest
Not Brady; no one
Its amazing how much better the Oline looks when a QB goes 1-2-3 throw. Or when a QB like Brady is about to get sacked and he immediately throws it away.

Bing

Reaction score
Young? Give him time. I tell you what, I'd trade Dak for Young straight up and be thrilled with the trade.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
we just disagree. Ive stated this many times before. I believe that most NFL rosters can be put into a statistical bell shaped curve. If you've taken stats, you'll know what I mean.

Basically, 80% of all NFL rosters are pretty similar. Lines are similar, WRs are similar... its all similar. You have outliers in both directions. You have the 10% of rosters that just stink, and you have 10 that are better than the avg.

Coaches also go into that curve. My view is that all of these guys know football. Not many people are reinventing the wheel. Its a copy cat league. Anything that a hot shot young coach comes up with this season will be copied by another team in a few weeks......they all know their stuff.

Then you have the QB. The QB is what sets them apart. If you have that Brees, Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Brady... now that slides that entire roster far over to the right and increases your odds of winning a SB significantly. I feel the proof is in what weve seen with the teams Ive mentioned. The Colts, Broncos, Packers, Saints, Steelers, Pats, .... all of those teams that had sustained success of 10 years or more, their coaches were all viewed as excellent. The organizations were called "Model franchises," by many in this very forum. Then almost IMMEDIATELY, as soon as the QB went away, that teams success went away.

This is not subjective, this is not opinion. This is fact.

Oh.... 2 teams, the Bucs and Denver sucked nd as soon as they landed manning and Brady, they were SB contenders... and actually did in fact win. As soon as those QBs got old and retired, they stunk again.

Again, this is a=factual, not subjective.
In a league where it is really hard to get to much less win a championship, ONE coach\GM led one organization to that game like 10 out of 20 years. So over 20 years, how many players flowed thru that organization? How many roster decisions had to be made? How many times did the teams identity have to be altered based on the talent they had? How many times did Bill's system spot the weakness in another team that no one else saw? How many times did his guys practice a play like the interception that stole the SB from the Seahawks just because he had spotted the tendency?

Could he have achieved at that level without a high level QB? No. But he might very well have achieved half of it which would have still put him at the head of the table. Who knows, without Brady maybe he turns over every rock until he finds another diamond in the rough and now everyone knows that guy's name because Bill polished him.