Flashback of Cowboys scouting Bryce Young

Reaction score
Young is not looking good at all

But to be fair, he probably has the worst group of playmakers in the league. He has no help. That would make life for any rookie QB

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carolina screwed up by giving him nothing to work with. Carolina has terrible WRs , terrible rbs , and one of the worst OL in the NFL. I don’t think Mahomes could win with what Young has to work with. So, I’m reserving judgement.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
The pessimist homer in me says to watch out, they’re another Cardinals, both this year and in recent history.

The optimistic homer in me says we’re going to freaking destroy this kid.

gtb1943

Reaction score
So do you think Billy was out on the field working with Brady on his footwork? You think Billy was in the film room helping Brady prepare? Abd you are right, finding a franchise qb is damn hard, and the coaches that luck out and get one all of the sudden become "Great,"coaches. Watch... that Houston coach is about to start climbing the rank of "Great,"coaches pretty soon.

Strangely, Brady left and went to a team that hadnt made the playoffs in 11 seasons and immediately won a Super Bowl. He left said team and they are right back to stinking again.

Billy.... without the qb is just another guy. His current team is one of the worst in the entire league.
The great brady did not do much last year did he?

Amazed at the number of people who think they know football and believe that Brady was most of the reason the Pats were what they were.
You do remember the year Brady was out; they did not make the playoffs but were the only 11-5 team that never made the playoffs.
And who was their QB?
and the first SB win Brady was a bus driver and that is all, So really...
So frankly posts like yours make me fall of the chair laughing

bewp7

Reaction score
i do not see how any one think bryce young will be good let alone a first overall franchise qb

he does not have one single plus physical atribute for a nfl qb not one

size no lol, arm talent no, legs no, footwork terrible

all he have is his brain and all the qb expert say he is slow and way behind nfl processing speed

what is the up side yea he will be better with a better supporting cast and coach but so would any qb

i always say it a franchise qb elevate every one ariund him like cj stroud is doing, a franchise qb does not depind on every one around him to elevate him that is the oposite of a franchise qb

Big_D

Reaction score
So do you think Billy was out on the field working with Brady on his footwork? You think Billy was in the film room helping Brady prepare? Abd you are right, finding a franchise qb is damn hard, and the coaches that luck out and get one all of the sudden become "Great,"coaches. Watch... that Houston coach is about to start climbing the rank of "Great,"coaches pretty soon.

Strangely, Brady left and went to a team that hadnt made the playoffs in 11 seasons and immediately won a Super Bowl. He left said team and they are right back to stinking again.

Billy.... without the qb is just another guy. His current team is one of the worst in the entire league.

LOL a teacher talking about the unimportance of coaching is hilarious. I know it was very important in any sport I've ever played, but all you need is a QB apparently while the coach is just along for the ride... it's flat out ridiculous. I guess that goes for any coach in the history of football who won championships with the same QB. Just another guy! You think an actual teacher would know better than this. It's kind of sad that this is the crap logic shaping America's youth.

shabazz

Reaction score
It will be deemed Frank Reichs fault because he doesn’t “connect “ with his quarterback…..it’s coming.

Aftershock

Reaction score
There's still hope in terms of size
I was hearing him call a play in the huddle on TNF and he sounds like he just hit puberty
It only goes upwards for the kid

Pass2Run

Reaction score

With the Cowboys facing Bryce Young this week, here’s a great behind the scenes look at what the Cowboys’ scouts and coaches thought of the Panthers QB entering this year’s draft.

“This kid’s ability to make something out of nothing is special.”

“Like the Steph Curry of football …”

“You love everything. The only thing you can knock him on is his height. He checks all the boxes.”

Skip to the 34:25 mark: youtu.be/uAl95Ucx2eg?si…

Bear in mind, draft season is lying season, too....

Pass2Run

Reaction score

With the Cowboys facing Bryce Young this week, here’s a great behind the scenes look at what the Cowboys’ scouts and coaches thought of the Panthers QB entering this year’s draft.

“Like the Steph Curry of football …”

“You love everything. The only thing you can knock him on is his height. He checks all the boxes.”

Skip to the 34:25 mark: youtu.be/uAl95Ucx2eg?si…

By the way, I watched the whole thing. What stuck out most to me was Mazi Smith's interview.

Wait till that guy gets another offseason. He's not getting enough credit for how he's played so far, but he's been pretty darn solid there in the middle.

My scouting report on Bryce Young:
“CJ Stroud is way better”
Stroud always looked like the better QB to me. Then again, he's got an interesting cast of players around him in Houston. I would love to see Cowboys vs. Texans in the Super Bowl. Wouldn't it be something if the Texans did make it? Right now, it looks like they are going to be a competitive team over the next 4,5 years. Noah Brown, Tank Dell, Schultz, etc.. they've got an interesting squad of players.

Never thought I'd say it, but I'm a bit of a fan of Houston this year. Because of Brown, Schultz, Stroud and Dell. This was an interesting year for smaller WRs, and some like Dell, Downs, etc. will end up being good players in the league.

Last edited:

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
He reminds me of the next door neighbour in "Home Improvement" trying to peek over the fence.

How are you meant to "see the field" if you can't actually see the field.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Rookie QB with no weapons and no O-Line so i reserve my judgement.
There have been a lot of QBs over the years for really terrible franchises that could have been something but never got the chance. Even today if you are stuck with a bad GM/Coach etc a young QB can be ruined a few years. I always looked at Archie Manning as the best example of someone that could have been great if he had not been physically destroyed at New Orleans. By the time he escaped there, he was a shell. And yet he still showed flashes of what could have been

David Carr is the most modern example of that with the Texans. He not only got sacked 250 times in five years, a lot of them were crushing sacks; full out hits. And he got almost as many pressures in that time plus all the times he got hit right after throwing. Maybe he never would have been anything but there is no way to know.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
There have been a lot of QBs over the years for really terrible franchises that could have been something but never got the chance. Even today if you are stuck with a bad GM/Coach etc a young QB can be ruined a few years. I always looked at Archie Manning as the best example of someone that could have been great if he had not been physically destroyed at New Orleans. By the time he escaped there, he was a shell. And yet he still showed flashes of what could have been

David Carr is the most modern example of that with the Texans. He not only got sacked 250 times in five years, a lot of them were crushing sacks; full out hits. And he got almost as many pressures in that time plus all the times he got hit right after throwing. Maybe he never would have been anything but there is no way to know.
I hear you, but then I remember how bad Aikman got beat up his rookie year. He turned out pretty well. Albeit, that team and offensive line turned around quickly.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

The whole narrative around Bill & Brady is mind bendingly strange to me.

Bill took a perennial loser & turned them into the greatest dynasty in sports history and kept that ship afloat for 2 decades by being fanatical about details regarding coaching, scouting, scheme & strategy. While also making all the personnel decisions.

Brady is obviously a tremendous player & competitor but he has always acknowledged Bill teaching him how to understand the game.

Brady goes to a team that has a good core and they go "all in" to win with him. Then, everything doesn't go right for them & they fail.

Bill is forced to start over at the games most important position while trying to turn over a big chunk of the roster. Not every decision works out golden. At some point, the dynasty had to end.

Together they overcame obstacles neither could have on their own.

Nothing since they parted ways changes either of their accomplishments, skills, talents, genius. Time simply moves on.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Carolina screwed up by giving him nothing to work with. Carolina has terrible WRs , terrible rbs , and one of the worst OL in the NFL. I don’t think Mahomes could win with what Young has to work with. So, I’m reserving judgement.
I think they knew it was going to be rough this year. IMO their plan was to get the QB in place, jettison pieces for capital and then try to rebuild quickly around him.

Whether it works out or not, time will tell. Trying to evaluate Young at this point is pointless.

Nexx

Reaction score
didn't see it in college. dont see it now. i guess you never know?

mardwin

Reaction score

So far in his NFL career, the results say .... This is a Lie.
:muttley:

Not saying he can't turn it around, but so far, he is a lot more the problem than the solution in Carolina.

JMHO
let's give him time to develop. He looks more like a Russell Wilson than anything else.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The whole narrative around Bill & Brady is mind bendingly strange to me.

Bill took a perennial loser & turned them into the greatest dynasty in sports history and kept that ship afloat for 2 decades by being fanatical about details regarding coaching, scouting, scheme & strategy. While also making all the personnel decisions.

Brady is obviously a tremendous player & competitor but he has always acknowledged Bill teaching him how to understand the game.

Brady goes to a team that has a good core and they go "all in" to win with him. Then, everything doesn't go right for them & they fail.

Bill is forced to start over at the games most important position while trying to turn over a big chunk of the roster. Not every decision works out golden. At some point, the dynasty had to end.

Together they overcame obstacles neither could have on their own.

Nothing since they parted ways changes either of their accomplishments, skills, talents, genius. Time simply moves on.
"Together they overcame obstacles neither could have on their own."

What makes you say that? Brady had no problem overcoming obstacles as he won a SB in his first season after leaving the great Brady and the "Patriot Way." What a joke that expression is.

What would you expect Brady to say? yea, Bill didnt have anything to do with my success, it was all me?
Dont talk to me about the great "Core," the Bucs had. That core missed the playoffs for the 11 seasons in a row prior to Brady showing up. Then that same core that hadt made the playoffs was immediately a SB winner.

So if Bills meticulous attention to details about coaching, scouting, practice an djust game details was so amazing, compared to other teams and coaches, why is it that same attention to detail has gotten him nowhere except maybe the worst team in the entire NFL now that Brady has left?

ALL coaches are products of their QB... all of them. Take that back..... 98% of them are.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The great brady did not do much last year did he?

Amazed at the number of people who think they know football and believe that Brady was most of the reason the Pats were what they were.
You do remember the year Brady was out; they did not make the playoffs but were the only 11-5 team that never made the playoffs.
And who was their QB?
and the first SB win Brady was a bus driver and that is all, So really...
So frankly posts like yours make me fall of the chair laughing
are you kidding me?? 77 year old Brady didnt lead the Bucs to the SB.... see, that is the proof!!!! smh

Im glad you fall on the chair laughing, cause Ill win this debate with you all day long over and over and over.
Saints ... amazing organization top to bottom .... smh... Brees retires, saints suck, Peyton needs time with family....lol

GB.... another model Franchise for damn near 25 years..... once the HOF QBs are gon, GB now sucks major ...
Steelers and their amazing coaches, both Cowher and Tomlin.... Big Ben retires and pow, Steelers suck. Done talk to me about this years record.. thats a house of cards and everyone knows it. EXACTLY like the Giants last year. Winning all kinds of 1 score games... suddnely that playoff Giants team is as bad as any in the league. I can keep going for days.