Flashback of Cowboys scouting Bryce Young

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Young is not looking good at all

But to be fair, he probably has the worst group of playmakers in the league. He has no help. That would make life for any rookie QB
They gave up their best receiver so they could trade up to get him. It made no sense to give up their best receiving threat as part of the deal to move up for a QB but they probably had no choice if they wanted to get the deal done. It was a great trade for the Bears who were looking to add a weapon for Justin Fields. Now Carolina doesn’t have much leverage to try and find a big-time receiver.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The first part of your post made my poiint for me. The roster churning simply didnt matter... this olineman, that LB, this DB... who cares... they are roughly the same talent level. As long as you had the guy universally considered the greatest qb that ever played... the results were always going to be there.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

With the Cowboys facing Bryce Young this week, here’s a great behind the scenes look at what the Cowboys’ scouts and coaches thought of the Panthers QB entering this year’s draft.

“This kid’s ability to make something out of nothing is special.”

“Like the Steph Curry of football …”

“You love everything. The only thing you can knock him on is his height. He checks all the boxes.”

Skip to the 34:25 mark: youtu.be/uAl95Ucx2eg?si…

It would be a darn shame if the Cowboys don't walk away from this game with double digit sack numbers and with those sacks come waves of pressure. Personally, I don't think it's going to be safe in this stadium with the possibilities of a tsunami taking out Young and this Panthers team.