Fletcher Cox threw a punch at Zack Martin

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That doesn’t look like much of a punch. Seems like now everyone slows stuff down just to show whatever they want.

So what does it look like while slowed down? Also, what would it look like in real time?

Just curious because I think it looks a hell of a lot like a punch when slowed down, and I think it would look even more like a punch if it were in real time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So what does it look like while slowed down? Also, what would it look like in real time?

Just curious because I think it looks a hell of a lot like a punch when slowed down, and I think it would look even more like a punch if it were in real time.
I’m just saying in a violent sport like football if you slow it down you will see much more worse things.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I'm not a blind Homer dip****. I was working, and just looked quick, without enlarging the video. Under those conditions, it looked almost as if Cox slid left and dropped down on him.
Watching it again I can see why Cox got pissed. It was below mid-thigh and made his right knee go to the inside a little bit. Slightly dirty hit by Martin but unintentional IMO.

InTheZone

Reaction score
It’s football. He punched a guy with pads and a helmet on. Didn’t even phase Martin.
Pushing and shoving after a play is understandable, but to say "He'S wEaRiNg PaDs so it's alright" after he takes a swing on the ground seems very childish. I'm curious, when AJ green punched Jalen Ramsey in a scuffle did you also say "so what, let them play?" lol. There's other similar scenarios, this is just one example.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Pushing and shoving after a play is understandable, but to say "He'S wEaRiNg PaDs so it's alright" after he takes a swing on the ground seems very childish. I'm curious, when AJ green punched Jalen Ramsey in a scuffle did you also say "so what, let them play?" lol. There's other similar scenarios, this is just one example.
I don’t remember. I hate Ramsey so I probably was happy someone decked him just like Andre Johnson got Finnegan.

Nav22

Reaction score
Haven’t read through the thread, but I hope this has been re-tweeted a bunch of times with @NFL tagged.

Turn this into a story and get that piece of garbage suspended. He pulled something similar in 2017 by punching 49ers LT Joe Staley.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It looked like that to me as well. Almost like a reflex reaction from Cox. Still uncalled for but I don't see it as malicious as some others might.

A chop block is one that's supposed to be at the knees. Martin blocked Cox in the hip area when Cox responded with a punch to his helmet area.

That's a no-no. Realistically, though, punching a guy who has a helmet and facemask is pretty much done in vain. Not too healthy for the hand! ;)

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3e7a1h.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

InTheZone

Reaction score
I don’t remember. I hate Ramsey so I probably was happy someone decked him just like Andre Johnson got Finnegan.
So you're the type that gets physical when upset? Not a good attitude to carry.

Sydla

Reaction score
Like most things Eagles Sunday night, that was one lame effort. LOL.