Florio: Dak to skip Cowboys' virtual offseason

VACowboy

Reaction score
I'm saying its too late to say "he's not worth the headache". They should've saw this "headache" coming from a mile away.
Dak was saying all the right stuff until he hired France but I think he knew exactly what he was doing and is exactly where he's wanted to be all along. I've been a big Prescott fan but I think I'm ready to say trade him and do what you can at QB. I'd laugh my *** off if he ended up Miami.

Qcard

Reaction score
unsigned tag means hes not obligated to do
FWIW. Didn't watch the video

Source: Dak to skip Cowboys' virtual offseason

A source tells Mike Florio Dak Prescott will skip the Cowboys' virtual offseason program as he still waits on a long-term deal with Dallas.

Demarcus Lawrence held off Surgery demanding a contract. FANS WERE PISSED!

Ezekiel Elliot held out Training Camp demanding a contract. FANS WERE PISSED!

Dakota Prescott held his Breathe demanding a contract. Dak Hater's WERE HAPPY!

Click bait... nothing new here!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The reward outweighs the risk.

Exactly..

Staying with Dak is a risky move but keeping him is safe and will most likely not get us over the jump unless:

1: McCarthys offense is so brilliant that he can scheme players open like a Shannahan

or

2: The CBA kicks in down the road and gives us more money to build a team around Dak that can elevate him.

One thing is for certain.. Dak is not elevating this team because he isn’t that type of player. It’s going to have to come from somewhere else and Zeke as good as he was I’m losing hope in that guy.

You take away Zeke’s big play ability and he’s just not worth all of the investments because we can find someone to do what he did last year for cheap. We need 2016 Zeke.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which is another point I believe he is missing, if we're continuing on the "role model" path for the kiddos.

If you have given your "all" to said company, and they still don't value you? Get out. You don't bring everyone down with you to prove a point. That's selfish at this point, not valiant or heroic.
Yeah but how is he pulling everyone down with him? Jones's are not hurting.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If he got this team to the Super Bowl? I wouldn't hold it against him. If he road the coattails of the defense? Yeah I would.
Why,, have you ever danced?
Both partners can know how to dance, but it takes two to tango,,,

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Funny thing is, the Commanders have been lower than the middle longer than the Cowboys have been in the middle!
Yet he advocates for that.
HA! Right. Ain't that something? The objective is to suck for a long time just for you guys to be off their rookie deals and you still suck. It makes no sense lol.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Top 12 QB who wants to be the highest-paid player in the NFL and wants a short deal so he can hold out again in a few more years.

He isn't worth what he thinks he is.

This is going to be one of those rare instances I will actually be glad the Cowboys overpay a player just because so many people hate him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And Dak is doing what's "by the rules" as did Zeke. And Dak has played out his contract and still gets heat so it proves Zeke was right to do it when he did. Hate you if you do, hate you if you don't. The fact that fans are "uncomfortable" with it is irrelevant. We know fans want owners to "win" but when you rely on players the way we have there's a cost. And these players want all they can get just like any one of us would. Of course when it's others' money, capitalism is yucky. Tough.

The only reason any of us care is because of a Salary Cap. Not capitalism.

Paying RBs is stupid.. Overpaying QBs doesn’t work.

That is why people are pissed.. They are watching Dallas have virtually no success when these guys were cheap and now they are locking themselves into these deals while the team around these guys gets worse.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why,, have you ever danced?
Both partners can know how to dance, but it takes two to tango,,,
I agree. I Just don't think Jimmy G is doing his part in the tango though.

The Chiefs defense is terrible.. They played a 49ers team that relies on their coach to do everything for them offensively.
Chief's defense is not terrible. Not only that but they made key stops when it mattered.

Dak was saying all the right stuff until he hired France but I think he knew exactly what he was doing and is exactly where he's wanted to be all along. I've been a big Prescott fan but I think I'm ready to say trade him and do what you can at QB. I'd laugh my *** off if he ended up Miami.
I actually think Miami would be a great place for him. I love what they are doing and they have a head coach who wins games he's not suppose to. I honestly think it would be smart for the Dolphins. Just to trade 1 first rounder for him.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That would be fine and dandy if not for the fact that Dallas has made him good offers that made him one of the top 5 paid QBs in the league.

Takes 2 sides to strike up a deal and seems like Dak is the one with unrealistic demands to me.

Do you know the ins and outs of those "good" offers? All I hear is people going nuts over the money average with zero knowledge of the structure that could have him cut after 6 months in or something. Negotiation is the offerer low balling and the offeree asking for the world and the 2 sides meet in the middle. Again, people are going on the money (plus what they would be happy with) and have zero idea what each side is proposing for structure which makes a ton of difference. Don't know why players not taking first offers makes people so uncomfortable when they'd do the exact same thing when negotiating. Actually I do know.

BigD_95

Reaction score
FWIW. Didn't watch the video

Source: Dak to skip Cowboys' virtual offseason

A source tells Mike Florio Dak Prescott will skip the Cowboys' virtual offseason program as he still waits on a long-term deal with Dallas.

This is pretty low if true

VACowboy

Reaction score
That's how all these guys are. They think anyone is better than Dak.

It makes absolutely no sense.

Cowboys cap situation is fine. So don't bring up money in regards to Dak especially after you overpaid 6 other guys.

To pretend like Herbert and Tua don't have flaws is insane.

The objective is to hope one of these guys is as good as Dak has been.
So Dak is better than
And it begins, looks like we are in for another holdout.

Jordan Love or Herbert is more realistic, but hate to see them draft a QB in round one when they can't even trade Dak.
Why do you think they can't trade him?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I've never understood this. Asking for a massive raise and then immediately skipping your first chance to show how dedicated to the team you are. I was already souring on Dak, but this plus the party BS has me completely off the wagon. Trade up and get your QB in the draft.

Qcard

Reaction score
You are creating this "top tier quarterback" that doesn't exist. Mahomes would've lost the Super Bowl if his defense didn't help him out. Mind you Aaron Rodgers and Drew Bree's are two of the best players of all time and have 1 ring.
Sir @rocyaice understand this is not about playing the position of QB for Dak Hater's.

It's about filling a sacred position. Dak could win a Superbowl and they'll find an Asterisk.. "Dak won with Romo's team"......