Flyer's 2 Hat Tricks Vs. Penquins

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I'm not too big of a hockey fan, but are you kidding me.
The Fly guys killed the Penquin's and came from behind yet once again.

Just gotta love that karma.:bow:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a series so far.

The Penguins are better, but the Flyers are showing more heart and grit.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Yea, loving this series so far. I did not think my Flyers had a chance but they are coming up really big in this series. A lot of good young players on this Flyers team. Even if they lose this series, the future looks good. As long as we beat the stinking rangers if we play them, I will be happy.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I hate everything Philly, but in this rare case, I'm pulling for them. I just happen to dislike the Penguins/Crosby more.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4506037 said:
What a series so far.

The Penguins are better, but the Flyers are showing more heart and grit.

I think the talent level is pretty close.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4506278 said:
I think the talent level is pretty close.

I think in a couple of years it could be but right now I have to give the nod to Pittsburgh. The Flyers are still too young.

Of course those rookies are shining so far in the series, so we will see.

I know the Rangers and their fans have to be loving this. They own the Flyers this year but struggle against the Penguins.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
this series is killing me.

The Pens are the better team, hands down, but they Flyers are matching up well with them, at least after the first period.

The Pens are 6-1 after the first period in this series, but 2-11 in the other two periods and overtime.....you cannot get dominated like that on the scoreboard and expect to win a series.

Last night was just pitiful. Their special teams play was horrid. To give up 2 short handed goals and a PP goal in the same game is absolutely unexceptable. They are absolutely careless with the puck....too many turnovers in their own zone, leading to easy scoring chances for the Flyers. Unlike Mike Tyson, their defense is very pregnable, and the Flyers are finding so many holes, it might as well be swiss cheese. Then you have Fleury who will not control the puck. Instead he allows rebound after rebound and the Flyers exploit it for second chances and goals.

The Flyers led the league in victories when trailing after 1 period (20). So far in this series they have 2. In last nights game, they said the Flyers have never lost a series when leading 2-0. It looks like the Pens are done. However, if there is one team who has the firepower to come back from this deficit, it is the Penguins. If they can find the game they had prior to Crosby coming back, they will definitely win this series.....the problem is, finding that game.

Props to the Flyers, as much as I hate them, they have definitely taken it to my Pens.......but now it is time for them to come back down to Earth......it is time for my birds to take over......

GO PENS

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Geesh.....the Fly guys are 17-0 in the play-offs when leading the series 2-0. Never knew that one. Let's keep it going Flyers, do NOT lose on your home ice.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
any fans of Filthy teams on a Cowboys board is just blasphemy......yall should be ashamed of yourselves, you dirty, immoral hethens.....:p: :D

GO PENS

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4506670 said:
I think in a couple of years it could be but right now I have to give the nod to Pittsburgh. The Flyers are still too young.

Of course those rookies are shining so far in the series, so we will see.

I know the Rangers and their fans have to be loving this. They own the Flyers this year but struggle against the Penguins.

No doubt comparing established talent the Pens do get the nod. They simply have more guys that have "done it".

But the gap isn't that large as it currently exists.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggems;4506745 said:
this series is killing me.

The Pens are the better team, hands down, but they Flyers are matching up well with them, at least after the first period.

The Pens are 6-1 after the first period in this series, but 2-11 in the other two periods and overtime.....you cannot get dominated like that on the scoreboard and expect to win a series.

Last night was just pitiful. Their special teams play was horrid. To give up 2 short handed goals and a PP goal in the same game is absolutely unexceptable. They are absolutely careless with the puck....too many turnovers in their own zone, leading to easy scoring chances for the Flyers. Unlike Mike Tyson, their defense is very pregnable, and the Flyers are finding so many holes, it might as well be swiss cheese. Then you have Fleury who will not control the puck. Instead he allows rebound after rebound and the Flyers exploit it for second chances and goals.

The Flyers led the league in victories when trailing after 1 period (20). So far in this series they have 2. In last nights game, they said the Flyers have never lost a series when leading 2-0. It looks like the Pens are done. However, if there is one team who has the firepower to come back from this deficit, it is the Penguins. If they can find the game they had prior to Crosby coming back, they will definitely win this series.....the problem is, finding that game.

Props to the Flyers, as much as I hate them, they have definitely taken it to my Pens.......but now it is time for them to come back down to Earth......it is time for my birds to take over......

GO PENS

I disagee with the "hands down" thing when it comes to talent.

The teams are much closer than that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Pens aren't done, Biggems. But of course today's game is an obvious must win.

They're the best offense in the league but they won't win this series unless they clean it up defensively. I believe they were playing 5 forwards on the power play the last game and got burned with those short handed goals.

Neither team is playing much defense. I think the key to this series so far is Sean Couturier's play. He has done a tremendous job of frustrating Malkin. A 19 year old kid against the best player in hockey this year.

Your MVP needs to step it up before it's too late.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4507112 said:
The Pens aren't done, Biggems. But of course today's game is an obvious must win.

They're the best offense in the league but they won't win this series unless they clean it up defensively. I believe they were playing 5 forwards on the power play the last game and got burned with those short handed goals.

Neither team is playing much defense. I think the key to this series so far is Sean Couturier's play. He has done a tremendous job of frustrating Malkin. A 19 year old kid against the best player in hockey this year.

Your MVP needs to step it up before it's too late.

The Couturier/Malkin is the one right there. Malkin has the established talent, while most agree that Couturier is a talented kid, he's still a kid. Malkin hasn't played well... Maybe Couturier is growing up. But regardless the Pens do need Malkin to step up and they need to play better defense.

The Flyers need to come out and pretend the first period is the second.

jgboys1

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4507121 said:
The Flyers need to come out and pretend the first period is the second.

That's the key. We have been waiting until the second period to show up. You can only do that so much, before it comes back to bite you.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jgboys1;4507160 said:
That's the key. We have been waiting until the second period to show up. You can only do that so much, before it comes back to bite you.

It's stunning how bad they look to start games. And that's been kind of a consistent theme all season.

But I guess Pen's fans are stunned on how bad their team looks in the 3rd period.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the Cup winner is coming out of the East this year.

If the Flyers win this series, the Rangers win the Cup.

If the Penguins rally to win this series, they will win the Cup.

The Flyers are just too young, but they should be a real serious contender in the future with the way these rookies look.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Biggems;4506810 said:
any fans of Filthy teams on a Cowboys board is just blasphemy......yall should be ashamed of yourselves, you dirty, immoral hethens.....:p: :D

GO PENS

LMAO....oh stop it, I just can't help myself.

The ONLY "Filthy" team are those pathetic, wish I had a new coach, wish I had a ring, Dream Team E.A.G.L.E.S.:lmao2:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Risen Star;4507279 said:
I think the Cup winner is coming out of the East this year.

If the Flyers win this series, the Rangers win the Cup.

If the Penguins rally to win this series, they will win the Cup.

The Flyers are just too young, but they should be a real serious contender in the future with the way these rookies look.

I remember a few times when they weren't too young and got swept in the Cup. They couldn't even win ONE game. Found brooms on my porch in those days.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
daboyzruleperiod;4507446 said:
I remember a few times when they weren't too young and got swept in the Cup. They couldn't even win ONE game. Found brooms on my porch in those days.

I hear you.

I sorta hope this team is so young that it doesn't know (or care) that it's not suppose to win.