Football 101: The Talent Evaluation Process

Eddie

Reaction score
Risen Star;4421335 said:
The foil hats?

Somebody can't take an opposing view?

Haven't you figured out Hostile's MO yet? He'll cherry pick you to death and nit pick your every word ... even words you didn't write.

You're not allowed to have an opposing viewpoint, and use every cliche to undermine you.

He'll claim he's not even a Jerry Jones supporter, but he's probably the biggest Jerry Jones jock on the internet.

He'll even try to suggest how "successful" we were over the past 16 years.

Truly amazing what you find on the internet.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Risen Star;4421335 said:
The foil hats?

Somebody can't take an opposing view?

Ignore the facts, call people with opposing view points crazy/not fans, purposely avoid any relevant points presented in the thread, quit posting in a dramatic fashion and claim victory!

:laugh2:

1 playoff win in 16 years. A GM with no background in scouting/personnel who doesn't bother to spend the time to learn. An 8-8 record with one of the easiest schedules in the NFL.

ALL IS WELL!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am breaking my own promise, but I never say anyone is not a fan, or not a real fan. Not in this thread, or ever. Other people use those tactics, I do not. That accusation is a crock.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;4421419 said:
What about Bruce Arians?

Don't mind me guys.....just moving the goalposts.

goalposts.jpg

Dodger12

Reaction score
casmith07;4421419 said:
What about Bruce Arians?

realtick;4421420 said:
Don't mind me guys.....just moving the goalposts.

goalposts.jpg

Yep. And there was a link posted in prior threads where Rooney was interviewed and stated that it was his HC's decision. People just want to ignore it.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Dodger12;4421423 said:
Yep. And there was a link posted in prior threads where Rooney was interviewed and stated that it was his HC's decision. People just want to ignore it.

Source?

Dodger12

Reaction score
casmith07;4421439 said:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/01...h-mike-tomlin/

"Bruce Arians Decision Rests With Mike Tomlin"

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...ive-interview/

Steelers President Art Rooney II Talks Bruce Arians In Exclusive Interview

Bob Pompeani: “Do you want Bruce Arians back as an offensive coordinator?”

Art Rooney II: “Well, that’s really Mike’s decision, I mean, and that’s the process Mike’s involved in right now is talking to all of the coaches about where they are and where they are with their contracts, so I think that’s something – I’ll leave it to those guys to kind of work out where we’re going on that front.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Dodger12;4421453 said:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/01...h-mike-tomlin/

"Bruce Arians Decision Rests With Mike Tomlin"

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...ive-interview/

Steelers President Art Rooney II Talks Bruce Arians In Exclusive Interview

Bob Pompeani: “Do you want Bruce Arians back as an offensive coordinator?”

Art Rooney II: “Well, that’s really Mike’s decision, I mean, and that’s the process Mike’s involved in right now is talking to all of the coaches about where they are and where they are with their contracts, so I think that’s something – I’ll leave it to those guys to kind of work out where we’re going on that front.

Interesting that nobody except Rooney is saying that it was Tomlin's decision.

But somehow in Dallas, whatever the fans say is what must be going on, contrary to what anyone within the organization says.

Strange.

Also, since GMs do all of the hiring and firing (or they should, according to those here) then why didn't Colbert fire Arians? Or hire Haley?

AlonzoHarris

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;4421458 said:
Interesting that nobody except Rooney is saying that it was Tomlin's decision.

But somehow in Dallas, whatever the fans say is what must be going on, contrary to what anyone within the organization says.

Strange.

Also, since GMs do all of the hiring and firing (or they should, according to those here) then why didn't Colbert fire Arians? Or hire Haley?

I don't agree with you but I'll give you credit for not ducking out of the discussion. It's a fine read.

:bow:

Dodger12

Reaction score
casmith07;4421458 said:
But somehow in Dallas, whatever the fans say is what must be going on........

You must be referring to Hos and I agree.

casmith07;4421458 said:

You're arguing a false premise. Most "people here" (and I can guess who you are referring to) didn't claim the GM should do all of the hiring and firing with regards to the coaching staff. The GM's hire the HC who should have the say in his staff. But, then again, I think you know that but you just want to continue to argue the point. Your next comment will be that Tomlin didn't hire his own DC but any new HC with half a brain would keep arguably the best DC in the game.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Dodger12;4421475 said:

Try again. A mirror might help.

You're arguing a false premise. Most "people here" (and I can guess who you are referring to) didn't claim the GM should do all of the hiring and firing with regards to the coaching staff. The GM's hire the HC who should have the say in his staff. But, then again, I think you know that but you just want to continue to argue the point. Your next comment will be that Tomlin didn't hire his own DC but any new HC with half a brain would keep arguably the best DC in the game.

What?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dodger12;4421475 said:

Definitely agree with that. A GM shouldn't be hiring the staff for his head coach. There needs to be a chain of command and boundaries respected. When you hire your head coach, you've already discussed potential staff hires. So you factor that in when making your decision on who the next head coach will be.

But to hire a head coach and then tell him who his assistants will be is just as bad as an owner with no personnel background naming himself the team's GM.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Risen Star;4421481 said:
But to hire a head coach and then tell him who his assistants will be is just as bad as an owner with no personnel background naming himself the team's GM.

Kind of like the Steelers GM (assuming here, since Rooney II doesn't do any of the hiring/firing) hiring Mike Tomlin and telling him that his defensive coordinator would be Dick LeBeau?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
casmith07;4421484 said:
Kind of like the Steelers GM (assuming here, since Rooney II doesn't do any of the hiring/firing) hiring Mike Tomlin and telling him that his defensive coordinator would be Dick LeBeau?

I don't think anyone has to be told to keep Dick LeBeau.

NoDak Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I know one thing. I'd rather be told I had to keep Dick LeBeau than Mike fricken Zimmer. At least there is sense in that, as LeBeau is arguably the best in the business.