For all those lamenting Lamb

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lamb is a luxury pick if we didn’t have more pressing holes to fill in secondary.

We lost our top starting CB and Safety while signing our WR we gave up last years #1 pick for.

Will we draft another WR next year if they’re the best player on the board? Lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who was on the board that we should have taken instead?

- there were no CBs left at the spot that had the value of Lamb (or the talent)

- I guess you can can argue we should have taken Chaisson, who has big upside, but the rest of the potential DL at that spot - Gross-Matos, etc? None are close to Lamb in terms of skill.

So who did we pass on that we should have taken at 17 rather than Lamb? Its easy to pound your fist on the table and scream we should have gone defense.......... tell us who.
Chaisoon = Taco........imo. Lamb = HOF. ...;)
I hate the Sooners and I still loved the pick.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
I like Lamb but is Dak good enough to allow Lamb to play at his potential. Lambs going to need some long arms to catch Dak's errant passes unless Dak improves on his accuracy.

Cmac

Reaction score
How about awaiting for him to lace up and pass gas?

kskboys

Reaction score
Who was on the board that we should have taken instead?

- there were no CBs left at the spot that had the value of Lamb (or the talent)

- I guess you can can argue we should have taken Chaisson, who has big upside, but the rest of the potential DL at that spot - Gross-Matos, etc? None are close to Lamb in terms of skill.

So who did we pass on that we should have taken at 17 rather than Lamb? Its easy to pound your fist on the table and scream we should have gone defense.......... tell us who.
Although I wasn't happy about the WR thing, my thoughts were about the same as yours here. If Lamb is the next Hopkins, can't disagree w/ the pick.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL.

Yeah jerseys.

Had nothing to do with the fact he was clearly the highest rated prospect left on their draft board.

The fact that he was 6th is already a problem. He's not that kind of talent. he was a top 12-15 talent that slipped by WR needy teams. It's hilarious to me that we'll continue to not make an impact in the playoffs, or get to a Super Bowl, but he'll have some 1,000 yard seasons that everyone can rave about.

Mediocrity and your acceptance is what Jerry wants.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lamb is a luxury pick if we didn’t have more pressing holes to fill in secondary.

We lost our top starting CB and Safety while signing our WR we gave up last years #1 pick for.

Will we draft another WR next year if they’re the best player on the board? Lol

We lost our top safety?

Wait, you mean Heath?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sydla

Reaction score
The fact that he was 6th is already a problem. He's not that kind of talent. he was a top 12-15 talent that slipped by WR needy teams. It's hilarious to me that we'll continue to not make an impact in the playoffs, or get to a Super Bowl, but he'll have some 1,000 yard seasons that everyone can rave about.

Mediocrity and your acceptance is what Jerry wants.

Hahahahaha.

You can never be happy.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Also, our red zone woes have nothing to do with the WRs - it has to do with Dak. The field gets tighter in the red zone, and Dak cannot make those throws into tight spaces consistently.

You can put as much talent as you like around Dak on offense, his limitations are not fixed with more WRs. Skill positions don't win you Super Bowls.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Hahahahaha.

You can never be happy.

Wow, solid argument.

You made the thread asking the question. Don't cry about it when you get the opinions from people you are specifically directing the questions at.

John813

Reaction score
We had trade offers, we chose to go with a skill position to sell jerseys.

We did? (Honest question)

Went to bed after the pick so may of missed tweets on that

They had 3 trade offers, according to Jerry Jones. But Lamb was rated the 6th best prospect on their draft board, behind Burrow, Young, Okudah, Brown, and presumably Tuavailoa or Simmons.

Gotcha. That's what I get for not listening to JJ lol.
Wonder if they were good offers or j

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
9.5 career sacks in college. He's got great traits and may blossom in the NFL but the Cowboys took an actual great on field player vs a guy who looks like he could be one day.

No debate for me.

This!!! Lamb was levels above others. Can’t have that gift fall into your lap and not take it

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
We had trade offers, we chose to go with a skill position to sell jerseys.

KC just won a SB with top skill players and a pieced together D that was off and on all year. We have D talent that needs to be in the right scheme. We still have picks. We took a top 10 player who can do everything. It was an easy pick vs trading down and maybe getting someone who could help