For the clueless Austin haters

DFWJC

Reaction score
Who are the clueless Austin haters?
Was thinking that too

I mean, we gave up a 5th for Austin. If it works out...great!
If not, no massive loss.

I don't see huge gnashing of teeth around here over it.

Sydla

Reaction score
Was thinking that too

I mean, we gave up a 5th for Austin. If it works out...great!
If not, no massive loss.

I don't see huge gnashing of teeth around here over it.

I would guess the haters are those that look at his history to date and see a really fast player who has had a limited impact in the league and not lived up to his draft hype and believe it's likely he won't be the next stud player in Dallas.

kskboys

Reaction score
I would guess the haters are those that look at his history to date and see a really fast player who has had a limited impact in the league and not lived up to his draft hype and believe it's likely he won't be the next stud player in Dallas.
Yeah, the ones who think every player has to be an all pro or he's a bust.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

True then again Demarco Murray looked like a stud in Dallas winning the rushing title and flopped in Philly. Never can tell. He gets a fresh start and it falls to him to show himself.

kskboys

Reaction score
True then again Demarco Murray looked like a stud in Dallas winning the rushing title and flopped in Philly. Never can tell. He gets a fresh start and it falls to him to show himself.
He didn't fail Philly, Philly failed him!!!!!!! Tried to make him an outside runner!!!! Stupid stupid stupid!!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He didn't fail Philly, Philly failed him!!!!!!! Tried to make him an outside runner!!!! Stupid stupid stupid!!!!!

However you see it, different team, differenty system in place. Because what a player does at one team does not mean same results.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yeah, but they need to look at him as someone we spent a 5th round pick on (and who the Rams were willing to part with for that amount).

If they do that, then they can make an honest assessment. If he's somehow good or very good, we stole him. if not, its not like, we didn't spent much to try it out.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
My concern is he turns out to be another Dwayne Harris:

First 5 years in the league, punt returns/fumbles/%age fumbles per punt return:

Harris - 121/12/9.917
Austin - 158/17/10.75

Harris averaged 11.8 yds per catch, Austin 8.7

Like any player, I'll give him a chance. But I see little that will indicate he'll be a superstar in Dallas, whether it be his fault or the coaches...

kskboys

Reaction score
However you see it, different team, differenty system in place. Because what a player does at one team does not mean same results.
It's not really how I see it, it's fact. They took an inside runner and had him run outside. It made no sense at the time and still doesn't.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It's not really how I see it, it's fact. They took an inside runner and had him run outside. It made no sense at the time and still doesn't.

They put him in their system of how they wanted to run their offense. All I am saying is what a player has done in the past with another team does not always equate to what they may do else where.

kskboys

Reaction score
They put him in their system of how they wanted to run their offense. All I am saying is what a player has done in the past with another team does not always equate to what they may do else where.
Yes, that is obviously true.

However, taking a player and using him in a manner that will most assuredly lead to failure is dummer'n dog poop. If they run him inside, he succeeds. Very simple stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes, that is obviously true.

However, taking a player and using him in a manner that will most assuredly lead to failure is dummer'n dog poop. If they run him inside, he succeeds. Very simple stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

True, NO Saints could not figure out how to use Reggie Bush, yet he goes to Miami and then Det under Linehan and has success.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Everything has to be black and white to some, no gray areas. A player can't be just good, he's either fantastic or a bum...

True, I will say being a 1st rd pick you will enter the league with very high expectation by fans and media. 1st rd pick come in to the league with a lot of pressure on them to perform at a high level. I do think you are right for the most part, some look at players as either you are HOF worthy or you are a bum with very little in between

kskboys

Reaction score
True, NO Saints could not figure out how to use Reggie Bush, yet he goes to Miami and then Det under Linehan and has success.
Well, yes and no. He caught like 86 passes in NO one season. I think it was more a factor of he wasn't worth paying. He was so grossly overdrafted I think it might have also been a matter of "out of sight, out of mind". Reggie might have been the best "in space" RB in the league, but he still wasn't worth the 3rd pick in the draft. You take guys like him in the 2nd, maybe back of the 1st.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Reggie might have been the best "in space" RB in the league, but he still wasn't worth the 3rd pick in the draft. You take guys like him in the 2nd, maybe back of the 1st.

Not if you're a Heisman winner, that's worth at least one round higher than they would have been otherwise...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not if you're a Heisman winner, that's worth at least one round higher than they would have been otherwise...

Just to clarify, I am saying that Heisman winners often are picked at least a round higher, not that they always should be...