For the fans who wanted to move on from Dak, that injury was the worst thing that happened

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
@CowboysFanSince88 It was a done deal. Last season didn’t matter. They would have blamed the defense for not making the playoffs. Or the head coach. Or the coordinators. Same thing they will do again if they fall short again.

Nothing to blame. Dak plays the entire season and we win the division going away. No question about it. Even with the horrible defense and all the injuries.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, no doubt.

1st game of the season, 17 points with only 3 in the second half.

2nd game Dak and offense gifted Atl with 23 points and wins on luck against a putrid defense.

3rd game, offense falls behind early against one of the worst defenses in Seattle.

4th game, offense missing in action for two quarters if I remember correctly.

Dak and the Cowboys offense broke the record for most offense in NFL history through 4 games. Topped the Rams team "greatest show on turf" that won the SB with Warner. And that included the first game of the year against the #1 defense in the NFL.

If you are trying to sound like a clown, you are succeeding.

And it should also be noted that coincidentally, the Cowboys defense in those first 4 games was the worst defense in NFL history.

Flamma

Reaction score
Since he was playing on the franchise tag and the team was on pace to miss the playoffs again with him starting every game. If that was the result, he would no longer have been the cowboys starter and definitely would not have received a 4 year deal. The fact that Dalton showed he wasn't able to take over made Dak look better and that is why he was signed. The plan for us fans who wanted him gone was having him play a full season and no playoffs for 2nd straight season. Now we are stuck with him and his average play vs winning teams for the next 4 years

I was with you. But I'm not so sure had Dak not got injured we would have seen the results like you explain them. At the very least Dallas would have had 2 more wins with Dak. The first game against the Eagles and the game against Pittsburgh. I think Dallas wins both with Dalton. That would have put us in the playoffs and probably knocked out by Tampa.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Since he was playing on the franchise tag and the team was on pace to miss the playoffs again with him starting every game. If that was the result, he would no longer have been the cowboys starter and definitely would not have received a 4 year deal. The fact that Dalton showed he wasn't able to take over made Dak look better and that is why he was signed. The plan for us fans who wanted him gone was having him play a full season and no playoffs for 2nd straight season. Now we are stuck with him and his average play vs winning teams for the next 4 years

Jerry was always going to extend Dak. He's been gushing over him for years. Not a question of whether I like it or not, just an obvious observation of Jerry.

The injury is the last desperate excuse people who insisted Jerry didn't believe in him, wouldn't extend him, yada, yada, yada, have left in their locker. I guess anything is easier than acknowledging you misread the entire situation, and projected your own feelings on to Jerry in spite of anything he said to the contrary.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Dak earned the job and we are fortunate to have him.

There are only a handful of QB’s who are better than Dak:

1. Brady
2. Rogers
3. Mahomes
4. Allen
5. Wilson
I agree with all of this except Allen. Jury is still out on him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
One of the most ignorant threads ever. And that’s saying a lot. Since you’re a quitter and have no hope I suggest you take your whiny *** somewhere else until Dak is gone. I mean why come here if it’sall over? Answer me that. Why?

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
One of the most ignorant threads ever. And that’s saying a lot. Since you’re a quitter and have no hope I suggest you take your whiny *** somewhere else until Dak is gone. I mean why come here if it’sall over? Answer me that. Why?

I cant get past 7-18 in his last 25 games vs winning teams

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Dak earned the job and we are fortunate to have him.

There are only a handful of QB’s who are better than Dak:

1. Brady
2. Rogers
3. Mahomes
4. Allen
5. Wilson
Good list except replace Allen with Watson.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
This is an interesting interpretation of the Cleveland game where Dak threw for 500+ yards, 4 tds, 1 int, averaged 8.7 yards per attempt, completed over 70% of his passes, and had a rating of 112.9.
He should of thrown at least 7 touchdowns and not have had any interceptions.

just like.... well, no other quarterback in NFL history.:confused: