For the fans who wanted to move on from Dak, that injury was the worst thing that happened

M_Barber24

Reaction score
I see a good amounts of fans who don’t like Dak, but i’m one of them who thinks that he’s gonna be successful during his contract, and I believe in him.
Off course he’s overpaid, but to me he’s a top 10 QB in this league and when you look at the market, you know that it’s gonna cost you some money.
Have faith in him, he’s a Cowboys fan and a hard working guy and I’m sure that he’s gonna give everything he got to bring us the furthest he can.

M_Barber24

Reaction score
I see a good amounts of fans who don’t like Dak, but i’m one of them who thinks that he’s gonna be successful during his new contract, and I believe in him.
Off course he’s overpaid, but to me he’s a top 10 QB in this league and when you look at the market, you know that it’s gonna cost you some money.

Have faith in him, he’s an hard working guy and I’m sure that he’s gonna give everything he got to bring us the furthest he can in the next 4 years, Go Cowboys ! :flagwave:

starcity214

Reaction score
This just makes Jerry look stupid. He literally gave Dak everything he wanted after spending 2 and a half years talking about discounts and salary caps

Why not just pay him 2 years ago if this was going to happen regardless?

It's not like Dak won an MVP or a SB and it forced the teams hand..

I can truly say today that Jerry is the worst GM in history. No wonder we can't get out of 8 and 8 purgatory SMH.

There's no way Jerry can spin this in a positive way but i guess he's used to losing at this point (Zeke and Tank) so he figured he might as well pay the Jason Garrett of QBs to at least say all the right things and kiss old ladies and babies..

Team Brand over success on the field.

Guys like Watson, Rodgers Wilson can't get their teams over the hump and you think Dak will?
The main job of a GM is to build a team within the salary cap structure and it looks like Jerry has no clue what he's doing..judging by the way our salary is spread out, you'd think we had the Rams greatest show on turf offense SMH.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Brady’s 34 playoff wins and 7 Super Bowl Trophies speak for themselves.

Tampa’s defense was basically the same the year before without Brady and they were 7-9.

Brady elevated the entire team, as he always does.
Which goes to show how good the team was because their QB last year threw 31 int.....and yet they still went 7-9. Let that sink in. All they needed was a decent QB

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Dak is my favorite quarterback right meow. Followed closely by that Herbert kid and their color rush unis.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Since he was playing on the franchise tag and the team was on pace to miss the playoffs again with him starting every game. If that was the result, he would no longer have been the cowboys starter and definitely would not have received a 4 year deal. The fact that Dalton showed he wasn't able to take over made Dak look better and that is why he was signed. The plan for us fans who wanted him gone was having him play a full season and no playoffs for 2nd straight season. Now we are stuck with him and his average play vs winning teams for the next 4 years

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Positive does not mean not being realistic. Nobody is expecting this team to win the superbowl next year. If you're mindset as a fan is superbowl or bust every year then you're going to be miserable most of the time. That's being realistic. All you can do is give yourself a shot. Last year the offense looked like one of the best in the league until Dak went down, if they can shore up some holes on defense and just be average they can be a good team. There's stuff to be positive about. You can be positive and realistic as evident by the outlook I just laid out, you should try it.

Positivity to the point of denial is. People are negative, more accurately realistic, because the front office has continued to make mistake after mistake after mistake for years.

Dak won't win us **** and will prove to be a bad signing. We'll be the same 8-8 or 9-7 average team as we have been forever, we'll just have a more expensive QB this time. I'm not into jersey buying like most of you are.

plymkr

Reaction score
yes jerry was never going to go to any other qb.
and if dak didnt get hurt, I think they win enough games to take the div , since wash only had 7 wins , and they get knocked off by TB.
But they would have made playoffs.

Heck some of the players tanked on dalton, and then the 1 dinucci game was a mistake, so even without dak the team should have made
the playoffs in that div.
I still believe if we played GG we would have won the division. Now I'm glad we didn't for draft standing but GG looked better than Dalton in his one game. I wish they would have played GG more to see if he could handle the back up job. I think he can and we let Andy walk. Nothing against Andy but I want a younger and cheaper guy as the backup and Nooch isn't it.

Qcard

Reaction score
Since he was playing on the franchise tag and the team was on pace to miss the playoffs again with him starting every game. If that was the result, he would no longer have been the cowboys starter and definitely would not have received a 4 year deal. The fact that Dalton showed he wasn't able to take over made Dak look better and that is why he was signed. The plan for us fans who wanted him gone was having him play a full season and no playoffs for 2nd straight season. Now we are stuck with him and his average play vs winning teams for the next 4 years
There are 31 other teams....

starfan1

Reaction score
I disagree

If Dak starts 16 games...we win this division....but that would not say much...I think 7 games won this division?

The numbers he was on pace to put up would have been off the charts

He would have gotten his money based off of those 2 things.

Additionally, they would have blamed it on a new coaching staff, no offseason workouts and covid. How do I know this? That is exactly what they are doing with the defense. And trust me when I tell you...the talent on this offense is FAR superior than the talent on this defense.

No matter what Dak does next year...how the OL bounces back...how Zeke bounces back...it will not matter. Why? This defense is beyond bad. And no amount of coaching will fix it. When you have no middle on defense...and you are going to trot #54...and to a lesser degree #55 back out there...your season is OVER before it starts. I have followed this team since the 70s...and the fact that they think a coach is going to help #54....that tells me all I need to know (and already knew) about this offense.

The ceiling for #54 is "hope he improves to average". And you cannot have Super Bowl aspirations with the ceiling for the middle of your defense is "hope we can get average production" out of it.

Now...should Jerry expect coaches to earn their money? Sure. But the coach has to have something to work with! A coach can scheme something up and HIDE a guy if you surround him with other solid/top notch players. But we have ONE....ONE....player on defense that would get playing time on the 90s Cowboys. And that's Demarcus Lawrence.

The Bucs had ONE pro bowl player...and that was JPP. And they shut the Chiefs down with 1 Pro Bowler. But....But....they had plenty of solid pieces to go along with excellent coaching (Todd Bowles). Do you think Todd Bowles could take our version of JPP (Demarcus Lawrence) and scheme up a way to keep the Chiefs out of the end zone? It would never happen in a million years! Which proves to me that our defense is littered with BELOW average players!
Let me ask you this. I agree defense was bad an at historically bad pace but didn’t they get a bit better later in year?
Can we not agree that hill before injury was showing some promise ? Gallimore had a decent rookie season and started showing promise

we don’t have to be 85 bears good. We just need to be middle of the road to have success the offense is that good and we should have our line back in tact. Now Tyron worries me but even our scrub back ups started catching on late in year. We really only need to hit on 2 contributors to help this D. One on line and one in secondary

I’d package a few picks together if we can find partners to accomplish this in draft FA could help but they have to restructure coop and DLaw for $

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Ope, might have a new contender here for worst post. Nah... This is terrible but not as bad as the op.

What are you, a self-appointed maven of what is good or bad? A hall monitor appointed by teacher who knows your proclivity to turning in your classmates?
Do you not have anything to do except hang around threads you don't like?
Do you need a hug because your mommy and your absent father won't give you one?
Hollah, there is more in my magical bag of tricks and surprises where that came from.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Dak earned the job and we are fortunate to have him.

There are only a handful of QB’s who are better than Dak:

1. Brady
2. Rogers
3. Mahomes
4. Allen
5. Wilson

Which means we dont make the NFCCG. Got it. Thanks. Lets pay that man 40 million a year. Sounds like a plan!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He's signed and sealed, now it's up to him to deliver. No point in taking a negative view until we see the future performance on the field.

I love how some fans assume the Cowboys would have missed the playoffs if Dak played all season. The NFC East was in reach. We don't know what would have happened if he was healthy all season. Despite all the issues who's to say Dak wouldn't have won a couple extra games despite the defensive issues?

cmoney23

Reaction score
What are you, a self-appointed maven of what is good or bad? A hall monitor appointed by teacher who knows your proclivity to turning in your classmates?
Do you not have anything to do except hang around threads you don't like?
Do you need a hug because your mommy and your absent father won't give you one?
Hollah, there is more in my magical bag of tricks and surprises where that came from.

Maybe it's me... Maybe it's your almost 3-1 messages to likes ratio. Either way. You're being told your content is crap. Accept it and get better?