For the fans who wanted to move on from Dak, that injury was the worst thing that happened

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Maybe it's me... Maybe it's your almost 3-1 messages to likes ratio. Either way. You're being told your content is crap. Accept it and get better?
What are you, a self-appointed maven of what is good or bad? A hall monitor appointed by teacher who knows your proclivity to turning in your classmates?
Do you not have anything to do except hang around threads you don't like?
Do you need a hug because your mommy and your absent father won't give you one?
Hollah, there is more in my magical bag of tricks and surprises where that came from.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I still believe if we played GG we would have won the division. Now I'm glad we didn't for draft standing but GG looked better than Dalton in his one game. I wish they would have played GG more to see if he could handle the back up job. I think he can and we let Andy walk. Nothing against Andy but I want a younger and cheaper guy as the backup and Nooch isn't it.
Yeah I liked gilbert too, but jerry likes guys with skins on the wall, and I imagine he told MM to go back to dalton.
There is no telling what they do with gg, lol they may cut him.
Nooch was not ready, he needs time to learn and develop, playing him at all was a mistake.

Funny thing is I liked taylor heineke on the Commanders, he played good against TB in playoffs, tony dungee was impressed, so was I ,
but seems nobody wants him as a starter lol, not even Commanders.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Last time Dak had a *semblance* of a defense in Big D to work with was 2016. How did that year work out for Dak and the Cowboys? How many consecutive wins at one point during the season?

Yes, I think he is overpaid, especially since I view Dak as the 6-10th best QB in the league. But that's still better than most, he is a hard worker, a gamer, and his team rallies behind him, and I don't know about y'all, but I was racking my brain over the past year trying to come up with the QB that we all could live with starting for the Cowboys had Dak not been around. I still haven't found that person. Not without wasting a high #1 pick that assuredly could be used at other positions. But thankfully, we don't need to worry about that now, do we?

Folks, QB is the LEAST of our problems with this team. Let it go. Come 2024, $40M/year will seem like a bargain.

CWR

Reaction score
Since he was playing on the franchise tag and the team was on pace to miss the playoffs again with him starting every game. If that was the result, he would no longer have been the cowboys starter and definitely would not have received a 4 year deal. The fact that Dalton showed he wasn't able to take over made Dak look better and that is why he was signed. The plan for us fans who wanted him gone was having him play a full season and no playoffs for 2nd straight season. Now we are stuck with him and his average play vs winning teams for the next 4 years

While I don't agree with wanting Dak gone, I think you're right in that his injury actually helped his case. Many people assumed there would be little difference between him and Dalton. While Dalton was handed a beat up team he still showed us how much Dak was carrying the offense. The more we struggled post Dak the more valuable he appeared to be. The injury fed right into his cause.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
There are only so many top-flight quarterbacks in the NFL. After Aikman retired, the Cowboys started Carter, Wright, Leaf, Stoerner, Hutchinson, Testaverde, Henson & Bledsoe before they lucked into Romo & Prescott.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Since he was playing on the franchise tag and the team was on pace to miss the playoffs again with him starting every game. If that was the result, he would no longer have been the cowboys starter and definitely would not have received a 4 year deal. The fact that Dalton showed he wasn't able to take over made Dak look better and that is why he was signed. The plan for us fans who wanted him gone was having him play a full season and no playoffs for 2nd straight season. Now we are stuck with him and his average play vs winning teams for the next 4 years
The main reason the team wasn’t going to the playoffs was because of the historically bad defense. Not just a bad defense, but one of the all time worsts.

movaughn88

Reaction score
You guys are really just gonna have to accept that Dak is the QB here for the next 10 years or so. And he earned it.

Don't you feel like you're just wasting your time at this point posting these nonsense threads?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The main reason the team wasn’t going to the playoffs was because of the historically bad defense. Not just a bad defense, but one of the all time worsts.

Even with the defense being as bad as it was, it's a pretty solid bet that Dak would have been good for AT LEAST two more wins down the stretch and the team would have made the playoffs anyway. In fact all he would have needed to do was split with the WFTs and we win the division with just ONE more win. So I categorically reject the assertion that "the Cowboys were on pace to miss the playoffs with Dak" given that if I am not mistaken the Cowboys were alone in first place after the Giants game when he got hurt. How is being in first place "on pace to miss the playoffs?"

Praxit

Reaction score
..you might say it was good fate for Dak. I will add the demise before he went down, was on the defense not Dak per se. Dak was putting up MVP numbers, despite few turnovers. Ewok noodle arms was not helping either.

The EFFEN defense could not hold a cup of water if it was quarter full. For what its worth, Dak is our present bus driver . 3-4 yrs from now? Who knows.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Even with the defense being as bad as it was, it's a pretty solid bet that Dak would have been good for AT LEAST two more wins down the stretch and the team would have made the playoffs anyway. In fact all he would have needed to do was split with the WFTs and we win the division with just ONE more win. So I categorically reject the assertion that "the Cowboys were on pace to miss the playoffs with Dak" given that if I am not mistaken the Cowboys were alone in first place after the Giants game when he got hurt. How is being in first place "on pace to miss the playoffs?"
My point was that the team was bad because of the defense...not because of Dak.