For the Garrett haters: Does Pederson get us to the SB in two years?

DiResta

Reaction score
the Eagles are stronger than Dallas in the trenches on both sides of the ball and have better skill players except for Zeke

if you cant control the line you cant control anything youre just along for the ride

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
the Eagles are stronger than Dallas in the trenches on both sides of the ball and have better skill players except for Zeke

if you cant control the line you cant control anything youre just along for the ride

If Smith is healthy, I don't see the iggles are better on the o-line. Maybe equal...

kskboys

Reaction score

23 years now, Jerry has been trying to disprove this.

DiResta

Reaction score
23 years now, Jerry has been trying to disprove this.
we will get it figured out ;)
Where the Eagles excelled on the OL is having decent backups. Vaitai did an excellent job stepping in for Peters.

And w/ Kelce, Lane Johnson, and Brandon Brooks, their OL is very comparable to ours.
they are generally ranked as the best over the last couple of years
overall their tackles are better when you put Lane vs Lael and their interior guys are fairly equal, the biggest thing is they have no weakspots
as you said their depth is decisive although i feel much better now having Fleming and a LG

kskboys

Reaction score

overall their tackles are better when you put Lane vs Lael and their interior guys are fairly equal, the biggest thing is they have no weakspots
as you said their depth is decisive although i feel much better now having Fleming and a LG
Lane Johnson is prolly the best ORT in the NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not the biggest Garrett fan, but do you believe the Boys get to the SB in two years with the Eagles coaching staff?
If he had a top 5 defense and MVP type QB his chances would increase dramatically.

Pedersen inherited a pretty good defense and his first draft pick was Wentz. Then went and got Foles for backup. That’s the difference!

StarOfGlory

Reaction score

I have to laugh a bit, as I recall a fair number of posters saying that the Eagles o-line was overrated and only average before the season started...that our o-line was clearly superior.

DiResta

Reaction score
I have to laugh a bit, as I recall a fair number of posters saying that the Eagles o-line was overrated and only average before the season started...that our o-line was clearly superior.
well they were smart about it, give them credit
they quietly created some of the leagues best talent on both sides of the ball (talking linemen but there is talent throughout as the championship proved
its always been known you win in the trenches and if you cant teams will just do what they want to you starting with making you 1 dimensional

Big_D

Reaction score
If he had a top 5 defense and MVP type QB his chances would increase dramatically.

Pedersen inherited a pretty good defense and his first draft pick was Wentz. Then went and got Foles for backup. That’s the difference!

Again you make it sound like those things grow on trees. Just appear out of thin air. Like coaching has nothing to do with the defense or the QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
Again you make it sound like those things grow on trees. Just appear out of thin air. Like coaching has nothing to do with the defense or the QB.
Pederson watched tape and changed the O to fit Foles after determining what made him successful.

Big_D

Reaction score
Pederson watched tape and changed the O to fit Foles after determining what made him successful.

Yup brought in 2 QBs to fit his plans and won a Super Bowl with his backup. You watch that offense and their not afraid to run in long yardage situations and they know how to mix it up properly not putting all the pressure on their QB. This team always does the same depending on down and distance. And Foles is far from elite. Quality coaching won them a Super Bowl.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Absolutely. Switch staffs and we are much more successful. Pederson is much better than Garrett. He actually has a gameplan and mixes it up.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I'm not the biggest Garrett fan, but do you believe the Boys get to the SB in two years with the Eagles coaching staff?
Not without Foles or Wentz!
The Eagles success began when the organization traded away thier starting LB to Miami for a draft pick that they parlayed into moving up and getting Wentz. I think the coaching staff is superior to Dallas but you have to have premier play at QB. They adjusted when Wentz went down and found a way to make Foles have very good success but that was with smoke and mirrors. There isnt a team in the NFL that Wentz cant carve up and you cant say that about Dak even if they have the coaching staff.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You don't have to have the absolute best OL and DL to win SBs, don't know any team ever had that, maybe the mid-70's Steelers.

Top 5 in both areas would be fine with me....