For the Parsons fans

JBond

Reaction score
Parsons is probably the same then.

I dont want guys that need this and need that around them to be successful at pick 10.

I'd want someone who makes others better.
Have you watched his tape? Whoever gets him is getting the DROY.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Have you watched his tape? Whoever gets him is getting the DROY.
What "tape?" His youtube highlights?

Yes I saw them.

I could put together the same on Jaylon Smith and convince folks that Parsons isn't needed.

When you draft a player you're picking up more than his highlight reel, and many of their games don't translate at the next level.

I personally see Parsons as a clone of Smith.....guy who got away with being faster and more athletic than those around him, so he was able to make plays in college. Not gonna cut it in the NFL....and he lacks what can't be taught...being a football player.

I've watched enough questionable instincts at LB on this team for too long.

Creeper

Reaction score
I make it a point not to take any pre-draft criticism of a player too seriously. Teams could start rumors hoping to cause the guy they want to fall. Having said that, I think people have fallen in love with Parson's numbers and the hype that goes with that. Given his athleticism, he will make some great plays once in a while and that wows his fans. Maybe the lightbulb goes on for him in the NFL and he develops instinct. We'll see. But I have become more impressed with Jamin Davis. I wouldn't take either of these guys at 10 but if Davis is there at 44, I would be thrilled for Dallas to draft him. Davis at 44 is a way better value than Parsons at 10 IMO. But I also understand that there are those GMs who look at the pro-day results and are so impressed they forget about everything else. Davis's numbers are all better than Parsons' and for that reason it would not surprise me if a team drafted Davis before Parsons just like the Raiders took Ruggs over Lamb last year. It seems to happen with one or two players every draft.

stiletto

Reaction score
I watched his tape. Sometimes he looks like a complete stud, other times he looks lost as a ball in high grass. The tape really doesn't lie. Not sure I'd want to pick him at 10 just from looking at his tape. He has a lot of great measurables and "potential" but he's certainly no blue chipper. He struggled against mediocre college teams sometimes. Bad angles, bad play diagnosis. It's all right there.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Not a Parsons fan,i wouldnt mind him late in the 1st RD if we trade down but i would a lot of players over him at 10.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is basically Micah Parsons + instincts...and he’s shown the ability to blow up blocks and work through trash inside.

If the off the field checks out, he’s an elite prospect.

I don't agree. At best, I think Parsons is inconsistent in that area. Oh, he could do anything he wanted to on the field but he just doesn't, all to often, IMO.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don't agree. At best, I think Parsons is inconsistent in that area. Oh, he could do anything he wanted to on the field but he just doesn't, all to often, IMO.

He was the highest graded run defending LBr per PFF in his last year and had 50+ stops.

Dude has some flaws like all prospects, but run defense and ability to work through trash isn't one of them IMO.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Arrington was a beast until he got hurt and was never the same Post injury.
I was gonna say I don't know if comparing him to Arrington is intended to be a insult or a compliment. Arrington when healthy was dominant. At least that's how I remember it.

rambo2

Reaction score
He was the highest graded run defending LBr per PFF in his last year and had 50+ stops.

Dude has some flaws like all prospects, but run defense and ability to work through trash isn't one of them IMO.
The wildcard is that he didn't play this season. He has a lot of upside. Who knows? It's a roll of the dice.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Parson's is finding himself in the land of guys who are getting knocked for being good. Surtain seems to be in there as well. I'm not sure if its because he plays linebacker or what but man if this team ended up with him I would not shed a tear at all.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Reminds me of Patrick Willis...

I don't think he's Willis. Not even close. Willis played whistle to whistle, every single play, no plays off. That guy was smart and focused like a laser. This kid here, this Penn State kid, that's not him. He takes plays off and that's what I don't like. He can literally do anything he wants and yet, he just disappears and he's there. I mean, he's in the frame and he just doesn't do it. I don't get it, to be honest. You see that with this kid and it makes you wonder, what's going on with him?

Willis, loved that guy. I'd take him on any team, any day. This kid, not so much.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Nope, I don't see that. You watch him and he's there, watching the paint dry. That's the thing with this kid. He can do it all and for whatever reason, he just sits and watches sometimes. I don't get it.

rambo2

Reaction score
Some positive things are that he tested very well, he wants to be a Cowboy. He fits on the board where the Cowboys are drafting. Brugler has him ranked 12 on his board. I have him at 9. Also, if 4 qbs go and some team takes him ahead of the Cowboys, the Cowboys will be getting a player with outstanding value at 10. Just think if 5 qbs and Parsons go before the Cowboys pick.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I make it a point not to take any pre-draft criticism of a player too seriously. Teams could start rumors hoping to cause the guy they want to fall. Having said that, I think people have fallen in love with Parson's numbers and the hype that goes with that. Given his athleticism, he will make some great plays once in a while and that wows his fans. Maybe the lightbulb goes on for him in the NFL and he develops instinct. We'll see. But I have become more impressed with Jamin Davis. I wouldn't take either of these guys at 10 but if Davis is there at 44, I would be thrilled for Dallas to draft him. Davis at 44 is a way better value than Parsons at 10 IMO. But I also understand that there are those GMs who look at the pro-day results and are so impressed they forget about everything else. Davis's numbers are all better than Parsons' and for that reason it would not surprise me if a team drafted Davis before Parsons just like the Raiders took Ruggs over Lamb last year. It seems to happen with one or two players every draft.

You see this in the NFL every few yeats. Keith McCants Alabama, Trev Alberts Nebraska, Andray Bruce Auburn, Bosworth Oklahoma, Quentin Coryatt Texas A&M, I mean the list goes on but all these guys, can't miss, game changing LBs who just missed. You see it happen a lot at LB, for whatever reason.

Bizwah

Reaction score
What "tape?" His youtube highlights?

Yes I saw them.

I could put together the same on Jaylon Smith and convince folks that Parsons isn't needed.

When you draft a player you're picking up more than his highlight reel, and many of their games don't translate at the next level.

I personally see Parsons as a clone of Smith.....guy who got away with being faster and more athletic than those around him, so he was able to make plays in college. Not gonna cut it in the NFL....and he lacks what can't be taught...being a football player.

I've watched enough questionable instincts at LB on this team for too long.
Thank you!

It's a minor irritation of mine when I read posts that say, "I've seen his tape".

I sincerely doubt it.

I doubt any of us have real coaches tape. I doubt most on here bother to even watch the replays of games (which isn't tape). Most posters that claim to see "tape" are merely saying, "I've seen his Youtube highlight reel".

Sorry for the rant.....I just really doubt anyone on here has actually seen the All 22 tape of any prospect.