For the sign Zeke at all costs crowd

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Exactly, that’s what I want to see as well. With our O line I think he’ll be fine.

The NFC is maybe as competitive as its ever been this year. We can't afford to waste games on experiments.

Hadenough

Reaction score
For the record (again) I think Zeke is a great player. His maturity level and this holdout though have turned me into a seller of Zeke. That said I wish there was no cap and they could sign him. Unfortunately there is a cap and the 2020 off season is going to be loaded with others that need to be signed. RBs do not equal championships!

After watching Pollard last night has your opinion of the Zeke situation changed at all?

Also please don’t beat up on Morris. The Cowboys OL backups suck. They really, really suck.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Pollard looked good but that was just 4 rushes. I dont know how durable he would be. What I do know is pollard looks like he would be great compliment to Zeke and if Zeke were back this team would be better with both.

aria

Reaction score
The NFC is maybe as competitive as its ever been this year. We can't afford to waste games on experiments.
We also can’t afford to pay a RB top money who has constant off the field issues and is playing one of the most expendable positions on the field.

shabazz

Reaction score
At least Zeke is top 5 at his position, unlike the imposter at the Qb position ranked 17th in Qbr but demanding top 5 money. You would think all those yogurt and soup commercials would have satisfied his lust for more money. Just plain greedy

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For the record (again) I think Zeke is a great player. His maturity level and this holdout though have turned me into a seller of Zeke. That said I wish there was no cap and they could sign him. Unfortunately there is a cap and the 2020 off season is going to be loaded with others that need to be signed. RBs do not equal championships!

After watching Pollard last night has your opinion of the Zeke situation changed at all?

Also please don’t beat up on Morris. The Cowboys OL backups suck. They really, really suck.

Morris is done bro.

Watching Pollard run last night should give EVERY Cowboys fan a good feeling. Knowing that if Zeke the moron gets suspended or holds out, that we have a capable backup. Or at least a guy that can spell Zeke if he comes back. It also gives us better leverage to bargain with Zeke for less money.

After all, only the biggest of trolls would wish that Zeke would get paid as much as he wants. The less he gets, the more we have to spend on other players. Same logic the trolls use with Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hasn’t changed one bit, only reinforced my thoughts. Fine Zeke, trade Zeke, or let him sit and pout like the entitled bully brat he is. Roll with Pollard/Morris and draft a RB next year.
:thumbup::flagwave::grin::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pollard has never once been a bell cow RB. Ever. This offense only goes with a top tier bell cow RB. Go look at the difference in 2014 and 2015 with Murray and then we went McFadden/Randle. It was junk. Go look at this offense in 2017 without Zeke. It was junk. This is not an indictment on Dak or the QBs we had in 2015. They are put in a scenario where they can not succeed without the bell cow RB because that is how the offense is designed. As Stephen said, Zeke is the straw that stirs the drink. Pollard is a change of pace back and that is it.

Its obvious that you cant tell how this offense is evolving into a more wide open, potent passing attack with the influx of dangerous receivers, Daks maturation, and Moore altering the offense.

Its in the best interest of the Cowboys to have more balance and be a bigger threat in the passing game.

As far as Pollard being a bell cow, I don't think anyone is convinced. You also don't need a bell cow. This is now a RB by committee league.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Unlike some folks, I actually like Zeke. No doubt my Ohio State ties are part of it - I won't deny that.

But if the Cowboys are going to extend Dak, as it appears they're determined to do, I find it hard to commit a big number to RB. It's just the nature of the NFL these days.

We want to keep Amari and Jaylon, Tank got paid, teams have to make some difficult choices.

aria

Reaction score
What is it that we argue about? Cant be Garrett. Is it Dak?
No, it was the stupid argument about starters and I think a few other minor things in the past. Nothing new around the zone.

blueblood70

Reaction score

nope 700 carries and lots of hardware plus 3 down back , catches, blocks and against wait for it,

#1 defenses game planning to stop you IE Zeke..

Preseason,

well its all not REAL...lets see that many carries by an ELITE player and compare him to a PS game for a rook? seriously?not at all..

its not at all costs..Zeke has earned and can earn 15mil as top back pay, I mean thats less then Tank, Amari, and Dak will get..thats not a lot given what zeke can do is carry the offense and EFFECT defenses..
you might need reality check..

best game plan sign Zeke and finally have a aback like Pollard to be a backup threat..

lets play agame,

who had the best HS, College, and Pro game? Been Elite since they were 16 yrs old? already Proven Pro?

Its not Pollard, the college backup at Memphis?if he turns out to be great, bonus hes Cowboy ill support him but Zeke is worth paying 15 at just turning 25..sorry he IS! 3 years guaranteed 2 yr extension, he can easily fulfill that contract at high level..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, it was the stupid argument about starters and I think a few other minor things in the past. Nothing new around the zone.

You know that Heath was out too right? That makes a full 11 starters=half. LOL

Just kidding...…………………………..

I seriously jumped for joy last night when Pollard scored on that 15 yards TD run. Kid looks really good. Crazy how some of these guys are offended by that.

If I were Jerry I would stick to my guns. Offer him 13.5 million per year for 3 years with 2 years guaranteed and leave it at that. If he wont sign for that then I let him hold out as long as he wants and then trade him in the offseason for draft picks and or players. Try to turn it into another Walker deal as much as he can. Use Pollard, a quality veteran and then another 4th to 2nd round RB pick in the draft and move on.

aria

Reaction score
You know that Heath was out too right? That makes a full 11 starters=half. LOL

Just kidding...…………………………..

I seriously jumped for joy last night when Pollard scored on that 15 yards TD run. Kid looks really good. Crazy how some of these guys are offended by that.

If I were Jerry I would stick to my guns. Offer him 13.5 million per year for 3 years with 2 years guaranteed and leave it at that. If he wont sign for that then I let him hold out as long as he wants and then trade him in the offseason for draft picks and or players. Try to turn it into another Walker deal as much as he can. Use Pollard, a quality veteran and then another 4th to 2nd round RB pick in the draft and move on.
100% agreed! Unfortunately, I don’t think that’s what will happen but we can keep our fingers crossed.

Reaction score
The thing about Zeke that worries me is the perpetual drama. That guy can't go 3 months without getting in a car wreck, fighting in a bar, pulling some girl's blouse up, hanging out in a head shop, etc, etc. Now he's holding out 2 years early on his contract. It never ends and this is just the stuff we know about.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Could it be that Zeke’s success has something to do with the league’s best, and most expensive, offensive line?

It has been proved again and again. You win in this league with your offensive and defensive lines. Overpaying players at the running back position is a cardinal sin.

You sign Zeke and say goodbye to a Jaylon Smith, Maleik Collins and Byron Jones. And those players are much more difficult to replace.

Zeke? All you have to do is look at the undrafted free agent running backs in this league with 1000+ yards to see that he’s replaceable. Or, better yet, look at the Cowboys’ 4th round pick.
Powerful projection of imparted thought into impactful & meaningful understanding to it's readers,,,I stand in awe & find myself somewhat envious ,as wello_O

*Cool post,Man:thumbup:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I like Pollard but he is no Zeke. Also the missed block yesterday that got Dak sacked was a bad play.
Ya, we knew the absence of Zeke's pass protect blocking would be a noticeable issue,,,although, easing that #73 dude into the pseudo fullback position would quickly cure that particular ailment,in the short term/gotta' have this connection pass play,I'm thinking.

Reaction score
Sign him at all cost will ruin the team long term and show the whole staff that the front office is weak.

If you let a player who has a top 5 gurantteed contract for his position bully with with 2 full years left on the deal you've basically told everybody's agent that your weak and desperate.

Extension would be fine but I doubt Zeke wants to be the highest paid 3 years from now, he probably wants a re-work of his current top 5 deal which you should not do in a million years

I agree 100% with you. You cant give start negotiating contracts 2 years before. Agents are already sharks. If Jerry go along with this, it makes the sharks teeth that much sharper and the players that more hungrier for early money. The entire NFL will be holding out two years before; including when its our time to pay our LB's; in which I think we need the money for them way before we need a RB. Michael Thomas stated all of this with holding out of camp with the Saints.