For those of you who would like Carpenter over Cromartie

1Ware1

Reaction score
Didn't Carpenter have a season ending injury last year also?Not sure though,Just hopeing that we get Cromartie,thats all.I think he will be the steal of the draft.If we can get him late in the first it would be great,But if he's there(which I doubt)in the second,it would be like christmas come earley.

I am all for drafting the third tallented linebacker in that bunch of Ohio State linebackers in like the fourth or fifth round,his name escapes me for some reason,but he can play also.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1Ware1 said:
Didn't Carpenter have a season ending injury last year also?Not sure though,Just hopeing that we get Cromartie,thats all.I think he will be the steal of the draft.If we can get him late in the first it would be great,But if he's there(which I doubt)in the second,it would be like christmas come earley.

I am all for drafting the third tallented linebacker in that bunch of Ohio State linebackers in like the fourth or fifth round,his name escapes me for some reason,but he can play also.

Anthony Schlegle (sp?) is the other LB from Ohio State.
However he was an inside LB.

1Ware1

Reaction score
Yeah,thats it.Thankyou.

Do you think he would warrant a 4th or 5th round pick?

Derinyar

Reaction score
What about those of us who think both are probably not a great pick at 18

ravidubey

Reaction score
Derinyar said:
What about those of us who think both are probably not a great pick at 18
:laugh2: Cormartie will be worth it. Carpenter doesn't have the speed I'd expect from a 1st round LB.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
1Ware1 said:

Carpenter played in the Fiesta Bowl, so no, he did not have a season ending injury.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1Ware1 said:
Yeah,thats it.Thankyou.

Do you think he would warrant a 4th or 5th round pick?

Second day Pick for sure, He was an ok player but never impressed me like Carpenter and Hawk.

However at worst for a late second day pick, if he lasted that long, you get a guy with a good motor, good work ethic, from a good program and a guy that would at worst be depth and probably good on ST.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Carpenter played in the Fiesta Bowl, so no, he did not have a season ending injury.

Sorry Hos,

Carpenter didn't play against the Irish. I think he really wanted to though, but I don't think he was ready. Obviously given he was only about 90% at OSU's pro-day it was a good thing he was held out instead of risking further injury.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
:laugh2: Cormartie will be worth it. Carpenter doesn't have the speed I'd expect from a 1st round LB.

How fast do you expect a first round LB to be?

Bizwah

Reaction score
1Ware1 said:

You're comparing peas to apples here.

There's a HUGE difference in tearing up a knee and breaking an ankle.

Not only that, Carpenter is a proven player. He was productive at Ohio St.

Cromartie was full of promise, but really only played a year. How good is he? Right now, he's one of the biggest gambles in the draft. Do you really want to spend our top pick on a guy that never really proved himself?

Not me....if he's there in round two....then take him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
How fast do you expect a first round LB to be?

Manny Lawson fast.

Doesn't matter if he can play the run. HE JUST HAS TO BE FAST.;)

Alexander

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
You're comparing peas to apples here.

There's a HUGE difference in tearing up a knee and breaking an ankle.

Not only that, Carpenter is a proven player. He was productive at Ohio St.

Cromartie was full of promise, but really only played a year. How good is he? Right now, he's one of the biggest gambles in the draft. Do you really want to spend our top pick on a guy that never really proved himself?

Not me....if he's there in round two....then take him.

You are being too kind. You are comparing a player who has started one game to another who has started around 10 times that or more (I am not sure how many games Carpenter started).

This Cromartie talk is getting out of hand. It really is.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Sorry Hos,

Carpenter didn't play against the Irish. I think he really wanted to though, but I don't think he was ready. Obviously given he was only about 90% at OSU's pro-day it was a good thing he was held out instead of risking further injury.
I was convinced you were wrong so I did some digging.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&nid=1782657

You were right. Thanks for the correction.

Woods

Reaction score
Exactly how relevant are 40 times for LBs anyway?

It seems to me that 10-yard and 20-yard dashes as well as the ability to measure explosiveness and agility is much more important.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Sorry Hos,

He was in uniform and on crutches in that game

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Enough with this crap about cromartie's injury. It was an ACL. Players with today's modern technology recover from injury's more quickly now. Willis Mcgahee's injury was 3 times more devestating than cromartie's. That didnt stop buffalo from taking a gamble. I'd say buffalo go a great return on its investment.

Alexander

Reaction score
miamicowboy21 said:
Enough with this crap about cromartie's injury. It was an ACL. Players with today's modern technology recover from injury's more quickly now. Willis Mcgahee's injury was 3 times more devestating than cromartie's. That didnt stop buffalo from taking a gamble. I'd say buffalo go a great return on its investment.

Okay.

Fine.

No injury.

How about his complete lack of experience?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
1Ware1 said:

1. His injury wasn't as severe.

2. He (Carpenter) started more then one game in his college career.

I'll take Cromartie in the second though.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Rack said:
1. His injury wasn't as severe.

2. He (Carpenter) started more then one game in his college career.

I'll take Cromartie in the second though.

Do you think he will be there in the 2nd? Someone might just be intrigued with his combination of size and speed and burn a late first on him. Jonathan Joseph is also another intriguing prospect if he can make it to the 2nd round.