For those of you who would like Carpenter over Cromartie

skinsscalper

Reaction score
DiscipleofTuna said:
Pro Bowl Corners dont look like this

257554.jpg

Actually, they do. Anyone remember how many times Bailey got burned in his first year with Denver. If Pro Bowl corners didn't look like that, then there wouldn't be a single TD scored on a Pro Bowl CB. This is the most ignorant post I have seen to date. Congrats.

SS

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
DiscipleofTuna said:
Pro Bowl Corners dont look like this

257554.jpg

:laugh2:

This is right up there with taking a still picture of Drew Henson and concluding he has a terrible throwing motion and is a total dud.

neosapien23

Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
this is for all those people who think a good LB needs to run a 4.4. 1 carpenter was at 4.5-4.6 in his 40. but who the hell cares about 40 time.

A LB who can read a play well and run a 4.5 40 (since u think 40 times matter so ******** much) > a LB who runs a 4.4 but cant read the play as well.

my point is the ability to read a play better > speed. and either way a slow 40 for a linebacker doesnt mean much, im sorry but the only _ _ - Dash that matters for a LB is the 10Y-Dash.

this is like comparing a fast reciever who cant run routes to Jerry Rice, who is slow but runs perfect routes, this is how he gets seperation. just how a linebacker gets to the ball faster by reading the play and knowing where it goes instead of having a fast step in the wrong direction.

now 1 question really quickly, would you rather have the guy who has the first step in the right direction everytime or the guy who has a fast step in the wrong direction occasionally?

Carpenter has both though. He is very fast. He was still recovering from a broken ankle when he but up the 4.61 time you speak of. He is probably more around a 4.55 time when healthy.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
DiscipleofTuna said:
These numbers say otherwise

10 177 17.7 97 1 7

10 Pick
177 return yards for a 17.7 avg
1 TD
7 PBU

These werent from a cornerback position ;)

He played a lot of corner his rookie year.

http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives2001/features_2001/reynolds_121101.asp

Had 2 picks as a starting corner here:
http://www.nfl.com/scores/2001/gamebooks/CLE_Gamebook_1216.htm

Started at nickel corner here:
http://www.nfl.com/scores/2001/gamebooks/NE_Gamebook_1209.htm

Hard to track down gamebooks from 2001 (if anyone has them, PM me...I am going to start collecting them and storing in .pdf).

Sometimes you can tell what he played (for example, if he starts at CB or FS). Sometimes he just subs as a "DB" which could be a nickel corner or FS or anything.

This whole "Anthony Henry played FS his rookie year and had 10 picks" stuff is blown out of proportion. He played a lot of corner and I have yet to see any evidence that he played much FS other than Internet conjecture.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Carpenter has both though. He is very fast. He was still recovering from a broken ankle when he but up the 4.61 time you speak of. He is probably more around a 4.55 time when healthy.

i know, but a few people on here are trying to say that he is to slow. i mean maybe slow compared to manny lawson but manny lawson doesnt have his nickname for nothing.

my point is that a quick first step in the right direction with carpenters good speed is better than a quick first step in the wrong direction with incredible speed.