For you Dak fans, a question

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And some wonder why the Cowboys think he is the QB of the future.

true in Dallas QB position will draw heavy criticism until or unless the team wins it all. That is how is was with QB like Meredith, Danny White, Romo and now Dak. Only difference is Meredith, White and Romo are no longer in a position to change their outcome while Dak can. I don’t think it is that hard to see positive steps he has taken since taking over and I don’t think it is hard to see he must continue to work and improve himself as a QB of this team.

shabazz

Reaction score
true in Dallas QB position will draw heavy criticism until or unless the team wins it all. That is how is was with QB like Meredith, Danny White, Romo and now Dak. Only difference is Meredith, White and Romo are no longer in a position to change their outcome while Dak can. I don’t think it is that hard to see positive steps he has taken since taking over and I don’t think it is hard to see he must continue to work and improve himself as a QB of this team.

Agree, and thats why a QB that needs to improve (if possible) shouldn't take up that much potential cap space. He's serviceable for sure but not worthy of a Kings ransom. The FO is clearly thinking along these lines as well since they haven't caved in to his demands............yet

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Agree, and thats why a QB that needs to improve (if possible) shouldn't take up that much potential cap space. He's serviceable for sure but not worthy of a Kings ransom. The FO is clearly thinking along these lines as well since they haven't caved in to his demands............yet

Dak is no different than any other QB in the NFL, he is not taking some fan friendly deal. He will try to get the best deal he possibly can. He has not been complaining about it or making threats and never did so as one of the least paid QB for his 1st 4 season. In terms of any deal right now we don't know a damn thing so complaining about a contract that does not exist at this stage is ridicules.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Does it not bother you that if you have your way and Dak is here for the next 4-5 years, we will have squandered a top 5 offensive team?

5 years of futility with Dak and then our line is old, Zeke is fatter and slower and Amari begins to look like a no. 150th pick in the draft.

Before our window of opportunity closes, wouldn't it be great to have a great QB and not just a rich bus driver?
Think about it.
So the question for you would be, would you like a rookie QB that has at best a 50-50 chance of being good not even great and even if good probably 2 years before he shows the moxie and is it okay to give up at least 3 first round picks (and most likely more) to move up to get either a Tua or Burrows meaning you have either hurt the defense or offense for 3 years with no picks that could help. And does getting a Brady or any of the other has beens that will be on the free agent market mean your team is going to be better. Higher chance with one of the free agent QB to be worse than better, much higher.

Sandyf

Reaction score
All that matters is that Jerry and Stephen and McCarthy are sold on Dak and he is going to be signed to a multi year contract, like it or not, fans for or fans against; it is going to happen so the rants will continue.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So the question for you would be, would you like a rookie QB that has at best a 50-50 chance of being good not even great and even if good probably 2 years before he shows the moxie and is it okay to give up at least 3 first round picks (and most likely more) to move up to get either a Tua or Burrows meaning you have either hurt the defense or offense for 3 years with no picks that could help. And does getting a Brady or any of the other has beens that will be on the free agent market mean your team is going to be better. Higher chance with one of the free agent QB to be worse than better, much higher.

An answer or two for you, stout fan: Yes, a rookie QB. A fresh start!
Yes, move up to snare a great QB. Burrows, Love, Herbert or Eason. Not shorty Tua. (They dont start great, but coaching can mold a QB.)
The loss of a 2nd or third-rounder won't sink the defensive team. It's already hit bottom. FA is the way to go if we dont pay for the moon for Dak.

I hope I have answered your questions.
And don't think I don't appreciate your courteous response.
You are a good lad.:)
Me mum would have liked you despite you being a commoner.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Does it not bother you that if you have your way and Dak is here for the next 4-5 years, we will have squandered a top 5 offensive team?

5 years of futility with Dak and then our line is old, Zeke is fatter and slower and Amari begins to look like a no. 150th pick in the draft.

Before our window of opportunity closes, wouldn't it be great to have a great QB and not just a rich bus driver?
Think about it.

Here's the all-time list of NFL QBs with 90+ TD passes and 20+ rushing TDs in their first four years: Dak Prescott.

Until this team gets serious about defense and special teams the belly-aching about the QB is irrelevant. The STs were the WORST in the NFL in several categories last season, and the defense was nothing special.

It's not all about the QB, unless you're my grandmother and need it simplified to that level.

romonumberone

Reaction score
So lets look at the 8-8 season & why Dallas lost those 8 games.

Loss #1- Saints 12
Cowboys 10

Offense to blame.

Loss #2- Packers 34
Cowboys 24

Dallas was behind 31-3.... before garbage time prevent.

Offense to blame

Loss #3- Jets 24
Cowboys 22

Dallas was behind 21-3... before garbage time prevent

Offense to blame

Loss #4- Vikings 28
Cowboys 24

Dallas driving for the game winning score and could not convert a 2nd & 2 from the 12 yard line. Loss of downs. Dak misses a wide open Cobb & Cooper and instead throws an out route to Zeke..... a play they had never run or worked on.... Dak throws the ball in the dirt.

Offense to blame

Loss #5- Patriots 13
Cowboys 9

Dallas could not get in the end zone the entire game. Critical 4th down play Dak misses a wide open Zeke and again throws the ball in the dirt.

Offense to blame

Loss #6- Bills 26
Cowboys 15

Dallas put up a late garbage time prevent TD.... Offense struggled for the entire game

Offense to blame

Loss #7- Bears 31
Cowboys 24

Cowboys put up 2 late garbage time prevent TD's..... the game was not close at all.

Offense to blame.

Loss #8- Eagles 17
Cowboys 9

With the season on the line Dallas could not score a TD the entire game...... despite going against DB's signed off the street. Eagles were going 10-11-12 deep at DB. These players signed off the street could not even make an XFL roster.

Offense to Blame

All 8 losses were on Dak. He could be earning nothing as QB of the Cowboys and he still would be overpaid. He is costing us games & seasons. I do not care how cheap he is. He is NOT good. Now he will be paid as the highest paid football player of ALL TIME...... BRILLIANT!

The real kicker is Dak sucked before Cooper. But so many people on this board are saying pay Dak and let Amari walk. You pay Dak $40,000,000 a year. But don't give him the tools to play decent.

If Dak was a great QB.... or even a good QB.... he would not need everything around him to be perfect and optimum for him to play decent. Not one Dak homer has been able to defend or explain that.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Loss #1- Saints 12
Cowboys 10

Offense to blame.

Loss #2- Packers 34
Cowboys 24

Offense to blame

Loss #3- Jets 24
Cowboys 22

Offense to blame

Loss #4- Vikings 28
Cowboys 24

Dallas driving for the game winning score and could not convert a 2nd & 2 from the 12 yard line. Loss of downs. Dak misses a wide open Cobb & Cooper and instead throws an out route to Zeke..... a play they had never run or worked on.... Dak throws the ball in the dirt.

Offense to blame

Loss #5- Patriots 13
Cowboys 9

Dallas could not get in the end zone the entire game. Critical 4th down play Dak misses a wide open Zeke and again throws the ball in the dirt.

Offense to blame

Loss #6- Bills 26
Cowboys 15

Dallas put up a late garbage time prevent TD.... Offense struggled for the entire game

Offense to blame

Loss #7- Bears 31
Cowboys 24

Cowboys put up 2 late garbage time prevent TD's..... the game was not close at all.

Offense to blame.

Loss #8- Eagles 17
Cowboys 9

With the season on the line Dallas could not score a TD the entire game...... despite going against DB's signed off the street. Eagles were going 10-11-12 deep at DB. These players signed off the street could not even make an XFL roster.

Offense to Blame

All 8 losses were on Dak. He could be earning nothing as QB of the Cowboys and he still would be overpaid. He is costing us games & seasons. I do not care how cheap he is. He is NOT good. Now he will be paid as the highest paid football player of ALL TIME...... BRILLIANT!

The real kicker is Dak sucked before Cooper. But so many people on this board are saying pay Dak and let Amari walk. You pay Dak $40,000,000 a year. But don't give him the tools to play decent.

If Dak was a great QB.... or even a good QB.... he would not need everything around him to be perfect and optimum for him to play decent. Not one Dak homer has been able to defend or explain that.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Does it not bother you that if you have your way and Dak is here for the next 4-5 years, we will have squandered a top 5 offensive team?.

Please post irrefutable evidence you possess that will support your supposition in this post as unvarnished facts.

Not opinion
Not I have my fingers crossed
Not I smoked some chronic and had a drug fueled dream

As Sergeant Friday said, "Just the facts, ma'am.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Here's the all-time list of NFL QBs with 90+ TD passes and 20+ rushing TDs in their first four years: Dak Prescott.

Until this team gets serious about defense and special teams the belly-aching about the QB is irrelevant. The STs were the WORST in the NFL in several categories last season, and the defense was nothing special.

It's not all about the QB, unless you're my grandmother and need it simplified to that level.

Dear Jake in Omaha:
I am sure that Dak lovers, just like the Romonians, will always have an excuse for desultory seasons of 8-8 and 9-7 on good years.
It just does not work. Not with this average bus driver and especially with so many great QBs getting their teams to the playoffs.
Look at the Ravens, bloke. Bad D but their great QB Lamar took them to the playoffs.
Dont be dismissive, Jake from Omaha.
I have feeIings too, something more than feelings.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Please post irrefutable evidence you possess that will support your supposition in this post as unvarnished facts.

Not opinion
Not I have my fingers crossed
Not I smoked some chronic and had a drug fueled dream

As Sergeant Friday said, "Just the facts, ma'am.

And like Friday also said, " Yeah, you can get all high and groovy, but Mister, when you come down you'll come down hard. Hard like a Joe Palooka punch. And that sweet allure of Miss Juana, well one day you wake up in a cheap motel in Glendale, your arms sore from Mary Jane injections. Your mother will cry to see her son mad with addiction like Ray Milan. You'll be too far down that highway for suckers who cuddle up to Mary Jane."

romonumberone

Reaction score

LOL. Your face palms prove my point. You cannot refute one thing I said in my post so you resort to face palms. I do not know what is dumber.... people that are so stupid that they cannot bring anything to a conversation or people that are so stupid that they actually think they are bringing something to the conversation.

HungryLion

Reaction score
LOL. Your face palms prove my point. You cannot refute one thing I said in my post so you resort to face palms. I do not know what is dumber.... people that are so stupid that they cannot bring anything to a conversation or people that are so stupid that they actually think they are bringing something to the conversation.

There’s plenty in your post that is refutable. It’s laughable to the point that it isn’t worth writing a point by point reply. Your post is completely myopic, and doesn’t even acknowledge any of the defenses or special teams failings during the games that also created problems.

But here are a few tidbits you just happened to have left out in your assessment.

1. Our offense had like the 3rd or 4th worst starting field position in the entire league. But yeah bad field position won’t affect points scored.

2. for the Packers game you yourself mentioned that the offense didn’t start scoring until they were down 31-3 in the first half. And then immediately after blame the offense. Which is downright laughable considering the defense had to give up 31 points in one half, to be down that far.

3. The defense was bottom 5 in the league in forcing turnovers. Turnover differential has an incredibly high correlation to winning games in the NFL. It’s hard to win the turnover differential when the defense doesn’t force any. Yet the defense not forcing turnovers doesn’t impact the outcome of games? The defense being awful at forcing turnovers didn’t contribute to 8 losses? That’s ridiculous.

The truth is. You writing a post that wants to pins all 8 losses squarely on Dak without acknowledging any shortcoming by the WORST special teams in the league, any other offensive players and their poor performances at times, and a defense that got manhandled at times and didn’t force turnovers, has to be one of the most single minded and ignorant posts I have read in a long time.

which is exactly why my first response was all facepalms, because the sheer simple minded ignorance of that post was dumbfounding.

Was the offense perfect? No. Did poor offensive performance cost the team some games? Yes. But blaming every loss squarely on the offense? That is pure nonsense and shows complete ignorance about the sport of football.

It takes an entire football team to win and lose. Just writing a post blaming ONE PLAYER for every loss is plain dumb. It’s dumb to the point where I want to believe you truly aren’t that ignorant but instead are just biased against Dak to the point where you just want to blame every problem the team has against him. Which is again, laughable.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah, it's all on the offense. The defense and the worst special teams in the NFL giving us garbage field position had nothing to do with losses.
Brilliant take.

And because someone doesn't share your flimsy opinion, you call them stupid? Rich.

morat1959

Reaction score

Loss #1- Saints 12
Cowboys 10

Offense to blame.

Loss #2- Packers 34
Cowboys 24

Offense to blame

Loss #3- Jets 24
Cowboys 22

Offense to blame

Loss #4- Vikings 28
Cowboys 24

Offense to blame

Loss #5- Patriots 13
Cowboys 9

Offense to blame

Loss #6- Bills 26
Cowboys 15

Offense to blame

Loss #7- Bears 31
Cowboys 24

Offense to blame.

Loss #8- Eagles 17
Cowboys 9

Offense to Blame

While our D needs a big time DT and ball hawking S, you pretty much nailed it on Dak. He’s just not a very good QB.

romonumberone

Reaction score
There’s plenty in your post that is refutable. It’s laughable to the point that it isn’t worth writing a point by point reply. Your post is completely myopic, and doesn’t even acknowledge any of the defenses or special teams failings during the games that also created problems.

But here are two tidbits you just happened to have left out.

1. Our offense had like the 3rd or 4th worst starting field position in the entire league. But yeah bad field position won’t affect points scored.

2. for the Packers game you yourself mentioned that the offense didn’t start scoring until they were down 31-3 in the first half. And then immediately after blame the offense. Which is downright laughable considering the defense had to give up 31 points in one half, to be down that far.

3. The defense was bottom 5 in the league in forcing turnovers. Turnover differential has an incredibly high correlation to winning games in the NFL. It’s hard to win the turnover differential when the defense doesn’t force any. Yet the defense not forcing turnovers doesn’t impact the outcome of games.

The truth is. You writing a post that wants to pins all 8 losses squarely on the offense without acknowledging any shortcoming by the WORST special teams in the league and a defense that got manhandled at times and didn’t force turnovers, has to be one of the most single minded and ignorant posts I have read in a long time.

which is exactly why my first response was all facepalms, because the sheer simple minded ignorance of that post was dumbfounding.

Was the offense perfect? No. Did poor offensive performance cost the team some games? Yes. But blaming every loss squarely on the offense? That is pure nonsense and shows complete ignorance about the sport of football.

It takes an entire football team to win and lose. Just writing a post blaming ONE PLAYER for every loss is plain dumb. It’s dumb to the point where I want to believe you truly aren’t that ignorant but instead are just biased against Dak to the point where you just want to blame every problem the team has against him. Which is again, laughable.

Every time you talk you remind me of that movie the Waterboy when LT is telling the kids not to do crack.

1. The Defense was 11th ranked in the entire league. Turnovers or no Turnovers.... if they got more turnovers they would have been top 3. You cannot expect everything to be perfect every season.... & that is exactly my point.

2. The biggest reason why the Defense was bleeding points was because the Dak attack would go a quick 3 & out. Dallas completely changed and lost their identity this season. They stopped moving the chains and running the football.

3. The Defense did not run a scheme of receiving a high propensity of turnovers. Bend but do not break will force a lot of punts.... not turnovers.

4. A lot of the field position was because the Offense could not move the football at all. Even having drives of getting 1-2 first downs before punting would have been beneficial.

5. Bad field position to good field position on an average for the entire season..... LOL..... what are we talking here an extra 3 yards?..... an extra 5 yards? If your Offense cannot overcome that than you have bigger problems.

6. If you thought the Defense at 11th in the entire NFL was bad in 2019.... you should watch the sh..show coming in 2020 when we say goodbye to half the starters because of Dak's new contract..... LOL.

7. The only reason why Dak & the offense put up points or yards in a couple of the losses was because the other team was also scoring. If the Packers & Bears were not scoring they never would have been playing such a soft prevent Defense. The end result still would have been the same.... A LOSS. It just would have been more like the Patriots loss, the Eagles loss, the Saints loss, etc.

So internet tough guy If you want to debate that is fine. But I see 2 problems.

1. My IQ is higher.

2. Facts are on my side.

In addition....

3. I do not 100% blame Dak. I have said all along he is average. My entire problem with him is the Cowboys are about to reward his play & achievements with the highest paid football contract of ALL TIME. Having 1 playoff win in 4 years does not quantify this financial reward. I have higher standards I want SB's..... not a wildcard win every 4th year.

4. I also do not like people that are full of BS & that are 2 faced. Dak says he is all about the team & winning..... His contract negotiations say otherwise. I put more stock in people's actions than their words. TALK IS CHEAP.

5. Considering I was offered the opportunity to play professional football in the CFL I trust that I know more about football than you.

6. Where do I blame just ONE player? I blame the entire Offense.... but yes since the rest of the Offense is all pro players at every position. The lion's share of blame does go to the QB.

Swagger

Reaction score
Every time you talk you remind me of that movie the Waterboy when LT is telling the kids not to do crack.

1. The Defense was 11th ranked in the entire league. Turnovers or no Turnovers.... if they got more turnovers they would have been top 3. You cannot expect everything to be perfect every season.... & that is exactly my point.

2. The biggest reason why the Defense was bleeding points was because the Dak attack would go a quick 3 & out. Dallas completely changed and lost their identity this season. They stopped moving the chains and running the football.

3. The Defense did not run a scheme of receiving a high propensity of turnovers. Bend but do not break will force a lot of punts.... not turnovers.

4. A lot of the field position was because the Offense could not move the football at all. Even having drives of getting 1-2 first downs before punting would have been beneficial.

5. Bad field position to good field position on an average for the entire season..... LOL..... what are we talking here an extra 3 yards?..... an extra 5 yards? If your Offense cannot overcome that than you have bigger problems.

6. If you thought the Defense at 11th in the entire NFL was bad in 2019.... you should watch the sh..show coming in 2020 when we say goodbye to half the starters because of Dak's new contract..... LOL.

7. The only reason why Dak & the offense put up points or yards in a couple of the losses was because the other team was also scoring. If the Packers & Bears were not scoring they never would have been playing such a soft prevent Defense. The end result still would have been the same.... A LOSS. It just would have been more like the Patriots loss, the Eagles loss, the Saints loss, etc.

1. My IQ is higher.

2. Facts are on my side.

In addition....

3. I do not 100% blame Dak. I have said all along he is average. My entire problem with him is the Cowboys are about to reward his play & achievements with the highest paid football contract of ALL TIME. Having 1 playoff win in 4 years does not quantify this financial reward. I have higher standards I want SB's..... not a wildcard win every 4th year.

4. I also do not like people that are full of BS & that are 2 faced. Dak says he is all about the team & winning..... His contract negotiations say otherwise. I put more stock in people's actions than their words. TALK IS CHEAP.

5. Considering I was offered the opportunity to play professional football in the CFL I trust that I know more about football than you.

6. Where do I blame just ONE player? I blame the entire Offense.... but yes since the rest of the Offense is all pro players at every position. The lion's share of blame does go to the QB.

Great post.

Sadly some people just can't see the wood for the trees.

romonumberone

Reaction score
Great post.

Sadly some people just can't see the wood for the trees.

Thanks! I appreciate the support. At the end of the day we are all Cowboy fans and just want the team to win.... I just wish some Cowboy fans were using some common sense. I cannot explain it.... they are either incredibly stupid..... or they are hidden trolls.

HungryLion

Reaction score

1. My IQ is higher.

2. Facts are on my side.

In addition....

The offense you’re blaming for every loss was ranked #1 for the entire season.

You also said in your last post that all 8 losses were on Dak.

Do you even process the stuff you are typing? Can you even read your own posts?

Did you watch the defense get steamrolled by a bunch of teams last year? I would think a CFL all Star such as yourself would be able to see the defense get manhandled at times and think it’s a problem.

But yeah you just spouting nonsense and claiming it as fact, means the facts are on your side.