For you Dak fans, a question

HungryLion

Reaction score
He had help in losing those games, that's why I included the offense as well. Zeke and the lineman have been inconsistent as well. We saw what it takes offensively to succeed. Ravens and Chiefs had consistent unstoppable offenses and Niners had that Defense and a consistent bruising running game. My mantra has been consistent in that Dakota can be serviceable here. but we better have cap room for a supporting cast......but that's up to the FO.

Its a no win situation for some of us. Personal fans of Dak want to see him break the bank, Hard core Critics dont want him at any cost. Some of us want him for the right price. But Jerry and the market determine his worth, accurately or not

I agree. I personally would like him back at the right price. I’ve also said I would be fine if they drafted a QB.

I just don’t want them to let Dak walk and get a retread QB either. I think the talks of Andy Dalton‘s and Cade Keenums is over the top, especially if they want to win a super bowl.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Again.... Laughing at you. The score totals as you call it is a pretty good way to measure things. The "score totals" is all the fact that I need.

Ummmm.... dude. The Defense only gave up 30+ points twice all season. Both games the Offense did nothing until garbage time. Packers 31-3. Bears 4th quarter down by 3 scores. So you just proved another one of my points the Defense actually gave us a chance to win in every single game. And also you are resurrecting another point that Dak greatly padded his stats in garbage time.... Thanks! In addition if the QB cannot overcome a Defense giving up point totals of 31 & 34 points.... why are we paying him so much money.

Listen it has been fun. But off to work I go. Maybe we should revisit this conversation after the 2020 season.

I am not laughing at others.... just YOU. You exhibit a "special" kind of intelligence.

The score totals are one way to measure things. But again, you’re been ignoring and glossing over everything else because it doesn’t fit your simple minded, myopic narrative.

By all means keep insulting my intelligence as if you don’t sound like a mouth breathing moron

shabazz

Reaction score
I agree. I personally would like him back at the right price. I’ve also said I would be fine if they drafted a QB.

I just don’t want them to let Dak walk and get a retread QB either. I think the talks of Andy Dalton‘s and Cade Keenums is over the top, especially if they want to win a super bowl.

That's why tagging may be the best idea anyway. and drafting a QB doesn't necessarily mean Dak is replaced. We need a real backup to step in and keep the machine rolling if necessary. We have the neglected doing so and been burnt many times. There remains a chance that the upcoming season with MM leadership, could have a positive impact on Dak and he plays better against better defenses. Hope springs eternal but obviously the D and ST upgrading will take up cap space

HungryLion

Reaction score
That's why tagging may be the best idea anyway. and drafting a QB doesn't necessarily mean Dak is replaced. We need a real backup to step in and keep the machine rolling if necessary. We have the neglected doing so and been burnt many times. There remains a chance that the upcoming season with MM leadership, could have a positive impact on Dak and he plays better against better defenses. Hope springs eternal but obviously the D and ST upgrading will take up cap space

They tried with Mike White. So I’ll give them credit. They would be wise to draft a mid round QB again. It doesn’t hurt to have a developmental guy to see what they can turn into.

I am willing to let McCarthy make the decisions in this regard. Honestly, he knows more than any of us do. Whatever he chooses for QB is fine. I am cool giving him that chance. If Mike McCarthy is saying behind the scenes. “Don’t resign Dak for that price. Let’s get a rookie”. I am cool with that.

I just hope he is the one making the decisions. And not the magical father and son duo.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had help in losing those games, that's why I included the offense as well. Zeke and the lineman have been inconsistent as well. We saw what it takes offensively to succeed. Ravens and Chiefs had consistent unstoppable offenses and Niners had that Defense and a consistent bruising running game. My mantra has been consistent in that Dakota can be serviceable here. but we better have cap room for a supporting cast......but that's up to the FO.

Its a no win situation for some of us. Personal fans of Dak want to see him break the bank, Hard core Critics dont want him at any cost. Some of us want him for the right price. But Jerry and the market determine his worth, accurately or not
Nobody wants to see Dak "break the bank". The goal of those who support signing Dak isn't to make sure Dak is rich, it's to have Dak under contract. Dak supporters would be thrilled if he signed for $25MM per year.

The reality is there are varying opinions on what it would mean if Dak were signed at different levels (potentially anywhere from $33MM/year to $37 MM/year, with some level of guaranteed money). Some view pay as a position ranking, which it really is not because for that to be the case every QB contract would have to be negotiated at the same time under the same market conditions. Some view it as the higher Dak's salary is the more it restricts our ability to sign others, and there certainly is some level of truth to that, but I don't think any of us can really quantify that. And, of course, there are varying opinions on Dak himself, with some believing he is average or a bus driver, and others believing he is much more than that. I won't mention those that think he is horrible or those that think he is elite - those are extreme positions that don't have a place in a reasonable discussion

kskboys

Reaction score

Yeah, those guys are backups at this point in their careers.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nobody wants to see Dak "break the bank". The goal of those who support signing Dak isn't to make sure Dak is rich, it's to have Dak under contract. Dak supporters would be thrilled if he signed for $25MM per year.

The reality is there are varying opinions on what it would mean if Dak were signed at different levels (potentially anywhere from $33MM/year to $37 MM/year, with some level of guaranteed money). Some view pay as a position ranking, which it really is not because for that to be the case every QB contract would have to be negotiated at the same time under the same market conditions. Some view it as the higher Dak's salary is the more it restricts our ability to sign others, and there certainly is some level of truth to that, but I don't think any of us can really quantify that. And, of course, there are varying opinions on Dak himself, with some believing he is average or a bus driver, and others believing he is much more than that. I won't mention those that think he is horrible or those that think he is elite - those are extreme positions that don't have a place in a reasonable discussion
It's been quantified. SEA, BALT, LARAMS, trending downward after paying their QB huge amounts.

shabazz

Reaction score

you are correct, I should have said "Some". The important hing is that signed, or tagged, the overwhelming majority will get behind Dakota and the team. and as usual we will critique or praise both

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been quantified. SEA, BALT, LARAMS, trending downward after paying their QB huge amounts.
That's not what I said we couldn't quantify - I talked about how it affects free agent signings, which isn't automatically tied to wins and losses. There are examples over time of teams that spend a lot on free agency and don't improve, and others that don't spend on free agency and get bettter.

In any case, Seattle didn't trend downward. They were better this year - better record and got to the division round instead of just the wild card round. Baltimore had a new QB still on his rookie deal, so that doesn'tapply to the Ravens either.

Then there is San Francisco, who certainly can't be said to be trending downward after signing Garoppolo. Minnesota and Green Bay both improved in their second season under their QB's big payday deals.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Does it not bother you that if you have your way and Dak is here for the next 4-5 years, we will have squandered a top 5 offensive team?

5 years of futility with Dak and then our line is old, Zeke is fatter and slower and Amari begins to look like a no. 150th pick in the draft.

Before our window of opportunity closes, wouldn't it be great to have a great QB and not just a rich bus driver?
Think about it.

like who??

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amen!

And Dak's support here comes from one of the biggest Cowboy haters.:omg:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So its Dak's fault that the offensive linemen are aging? that Zeke is getting fatter? and Amari Cooper isn't what we thought he was? Do you really believe that if we draft a young QB, which you of course omitted how that would happen, that the OL would not get old, Zeke would not get fat and Cooper's skills would not diminish?

And a question for all you draft a QB and dump Dak guys, what happens in 5 years when your new guaranteed franchise QB asks for $60 million a year? You want to draft another QB? Then of course, what happens if the guy we draft at 17 turns out to be Josh Rosen? Then you all disappear and pretend you never advocated for getting rid of Dak.

You cannot run a football team with one hand on the panic button all the time. I have no problem franchising Dak this year if his agent demands more than $35 million a year. But the idea that we just draft another QB and he is automatically better than Dak is preposterous. You seem to have forgotten the Quincy Carter years.

If you only you could comprehend better.
Let me put it in simpler words, creepy.
If Dak hangs around for 5 more years, our O stars will lose a step and, of course, be 5 years older.
I say bring in a young QB who will, comparatively, play for a pittance and let him lead our offensive players. More and more, QBs are developing fast likjd Amari and Mahomes. It could happen here, too, confused lad.
The money we'd lay at the feet you can bring in as lot of players for our now horrific D.