Forget about drafting a WR in the 1st round next year!

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Dallas4ever said:
For a veteran player he did look awfully nervous out there.
Please tell me that this isn't about Henson! Because a veteran player is what he ISN'T!! For those attacking Henson, relax, he doesn't get live action during the OFFseason. He played what? one game last year? And now he has one preseason game. Hey I guess we should have traded Aikman when he didn't win a game during his first year. I'm not saying that henson will be aikman, but let's let henson grow. He's been off for three years and we all want him to go to the pro bowl after one year of being a third string qb.

fortdick

Reaction score
jswalker1981 said:
Hey I guess we should have traded Aikman when he didn't win a game during his first year.

I thought he won one???? That is why we didn't trade him!:D

tyke1doe

Reaction score
fortdick said:
I thought he won one???? That is why we didn't trade him!:D

No, Steve Walsh was under center when we won against the Commanders that year.

fortdick

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
No, Steve Walsh was under center when we won against the Commanders that year.

Well, we should have sent him packing. Walsh could have taken the team all the way, just like he did with . . . . .

NeOn_KoWbOy_88

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
not.

Leinart=overrated

yea leinart sucks...u can put Ryan Leaf in USC and he wins hahaha...Vince Young is who we should draft...excelent qb, good arm straight very acurate, good speed (yes a scrablin' qb) so i say our Draft pick should be used on Mr. Young #10 out of University of Texas ....or so i pray:pray2:

bags

Reaction score
hahaha
do you mcneil, jacobs, and young guys want us to get them for your madden franchise or real football?

I can't pretend to be an expert on any of those three, but I'm not sure how much potential they have to be NFL quarterbacks.

fortdick

Reaction score
NeOn_KoWbOy_88 said:
(yes a scrablin' qb)

That is what they call a QB that panics and runs away instead of stepping up in the pocket. It is not a talent, it is a lack of courage. If scrambling QBs were all that great, then everyone would have one, but they don't. The great QBs all stood tall in the pocket under pressure and delivered the throw, not run away and slide two yards short of a first down!

You can take Vick, McNabb, Culpepper and all those scrambling types and keep them! Give me Marino, Aikman, Elway, or any one of the modern day greats. They could run, but didn't. Well, OK, Marino couldn't run, but he could throw like no one else!

bags

Reaction score
fortdick said:
That is what they call a QB that panics and runs away instead of stepping up in the pocket. It is not a talent, it is a lack of courage. If scrambling QBs were all that great, then everyone would have one, but they don't. The great QBs all stood tall in the pocket under pressure and delivered the throw, not run away and slide two yards short of a first down!

You can take Vick, McNabb, Culpepper and all those scrambling types and keep them! Give me Marino, Aikman, Elway, or any one of the modern day greats. They could run, but didn't. Well, OK, Marino couldn't run, but he could throw like no one else!

I'd take culpepper...that's for sure!

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Dont you think that just maybe you might be over reacting to the first preseason game of the year. Just a thought.

ndanger

Reaction score
fortdick said:
Two Championships and a Heisman? Maybe a repeat? Think not overrated!
Didn't do much for jason white's career now did it? :rolleyes: Think ,people.Think

ndanger

Reaction score
dozin@theknick said:
Dont you think that just maybe you might be over reacting to the first preseason game of the year. Just a thought.
There's no thinking in here, forgeddaboudit.Just a plethera of people with expounding football knowledge. :confused:

ndanger

Reaction score
smashmouth said:
It just seemed like he was completely unsure of what he wanted to do, and he was completely rattled when the pressure came.
Dude ,did you even watch the game? Seriously,did you?

Z-Man

Reaction score
Cowboys22 said:
Our top 10 pick will be reserved for a QB, at least I hope so!!!

BS !!!
They better draft a RT. And this is going to be a huge year for tackles in the draft.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
After 4 quarters of pre season game number 1, I will agree, lets just trash this season.....you guys are so fair weather

jimmy40

Reaction score
felix360 said:
what about vince young from texas?? could be a prospect.
Could be but he's not yet. Hopefully he won't have the worst group of receivers in college football this year.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Cowboys22 said:
Our top 10 pick will be reserved for a QB, at least I hope so!!!

So after one preseason game you have already quit on the season. Geez it was just a preseason game and there is time to fix things.

As for using our pick which I think will be no sooner then the 20th pick of the draft. I WOULD have liked to gone after a franchise WR. But not anymore.

After watching what a bunch of sorry idiots we have on our OL I think OL is the #1 problem that needs a huge upgrade in both FA and the draft.

I say spend at least our 1st and 2nd rounder on OL and use some $$$$ in FA to get a top OL man. Our OL just is worse then sucks.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
So after one preseason game you have already quit on the season. Geez it was just a preseason game and there is time to fix things.

As for using our pick which I think will be no sooner then the 20th pick of the draft. I WOULD have liked to gone after a franchise WR. But not anymore.

After watching what a bunch of sorry idiots we have on our OL I think OL is the #1 problem that needs a huge upgrade in both FA and the draft.

I say spend at least our 1st and 2nd rounder on OL and use some $$$$ in FA to get a top OL man. Our OL just is worse then sucks.
Glad to see you didn't fall off that ledge you were leaning off of in the chatroom during the game. :D