Former Cowboy coaches not fairing well in job market

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a silly point. You don’t get fired from OC and then hired to be another teams OC. Very rare that happens.

It's a fact.

Linehan is out of the NFL, and to date, Richard is too.

And head coach Garrett took a well-deserved demotion to coordinator.

dfense

Reaction score
I don't think Richard is overrated. He just was playing with a god awful coach. The irony is the one with the best job here should be unemployed.
Richard was abused as a coordinator last year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The clapper will be the HC for the Giants in two years. You can take that to the bank.

Now I think he was a terrible HC, but that quarterbacks coach they got fro the Pats will probably flame out. Jason will be the safe choice. I can see him in that role for a long time, their ownership is worse than ours.
I think he is the coach now. The Giants draft is exactly what Garrett would have drafted during his Cowboys coaching years. Those rumors that the Giants wanted Garrett as head coach a few years ago was true. Judge is just a figure head. I am interested in seeing what he will be doing with his headset.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well you guys need to think about the fact these guys all made at least several million the past 5-10 seasons
so if they want to take time off they can, and going to lsu isnt bad, it would be something different and pays
quite well I imagine.
Our current HC took a year off, because he too can afford to do that.
JG went right to the giants, but he didnt need the money, he just wanted to be OC again.
And he gets to play the cowboys twice a year.

I know they were all not very good coaches here, but like JG going back to OC is actually a good thing for him, he will make less but be much happier , unless he doesnt do well lol.

CWR

Reaction score
I just know when he got here he had enough common sense to put Byron at corner. He’s paying for the sins of Jason Garrett.

No one knows how much our other coaches hampered his abilities. I kind of feel the same way I did about Garrett supposedly being held back by JJ. Either put your foot down, or dont cry about it.

Zordon

Reaction score
The richest franchise on Earth has had a JV level coaching staff for the greater part of a decade. It's the #1 thing I blame Jerry for - his total lack of respect for the coaching profession. The puppet should have never been hired. The Lions castoffs should have never been hired. The special teams buffoon should have stayed in the video coordinator room. When you have no salary cap on coaching hires yet you settle for these clowns, it means you have no respect for coaching. A big part of Jerry's legacy will be the fact that he saddled a strong core of HOF/pro-bowl players with this pathetic group of coaches for years and years and years until the dam finally broke and the players grew too old to continue. Sad!

lkelly

Reaction score
It’s a silly point. You don’t get fired from OC and then hired to be another teams OC. Very rare that happens.

This guy broke the mold.

EWU_gzbU8AAM1qA

Whyjerry

Reaction score
But that’s what happens when you get fired. You don’t get fired and go back to the same position you had lol. You have to work your way back up. McCarthy had to take a year off to get that stench off his name.

Linehan is not working his way back to NFL OC or HC. No way. Also, run down this list of former NFL HCs and coordinators that go to college as the equivalent of a position coach. I’d like to see this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No one knows how much our other coaches hampered his abilities. I kind of feel the same way I did about Garrett supposedly being held back by JJ. Either put your foot down, or dont cry about it.
Richard hasn’t said a word about being hampered. Frazier is the one who said it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Linehan is not working his way back to NFL OC or HC. No way. Also, run down this list of former NFL HCs and coordinators that go to college as the equivalent of a position coach. I’d like to see this.
Well you say that but how many times has Chan Gailey been fired and then you look up he’s someone’s Oc?

Linehan is a retread. Just like Chan Gailey. He could’ve got another NFL job.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Just to prove the point how hamstrung this team has been over the years by its coaching. Just about all of the main coaches have taken a step backward since either moving on ore being fired from Dallas

Kris Richard - unemployed
Scott Linehan - unemployed 2019, current passing game cooridinator at LSU
Rod Marinelli - Defensive line coach Las Vegas Raiders
Jason Garret - OC NYG

So, the rest of the league has spoken and all of the above were in positions beyond their capability in Dallas. Explains a lot

Rod was the dline coach here, and got hired immedsitely as the dline coach for the Raiders. Makes sense since he was the only one good at his job.

So "all of the above" is pretty silly statement.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Just to prove the point how hamstrung this team has been over the years by its coaching. Just about all of the main coaches have taken a step backward since either moving on ore being fired from Dallas

Kris Richard - unemployed
Scott Linehan - unemployed 2019, current passing game cooridinator at LSU
Rod Marinelli - Defensive line coach Las Vegas Raiders
Jason Garret - OC NYG

So, the rest of the league has spoken and all of the above were in positions beyond their capability in Dallas. Explains a lot

The league haven't said ****! what a dumb statement

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Well you say that but how many times has Chan Gailey been fired and then you look up he’s someone’s Oc?

Linehan is a retread. Just like Chan Gailey. He could’ve got another NFL job.

OC and HC in college. That’s not a passing game coordinator.