Former Cowboy coaches not fairing well in job market

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a silly point. You don’t get fired from OC and then hired to be another teams OC. Very rare that happens.

Thats a dumb thing to say considering Scott Linehan went from being Detroits OC to our OC. MM never took a step backward. Happens all the time.

Now I remember why I had you blocked for so long. You are a dummy but you don't know it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Difference is the Giants won't grant ginger the same autonomy and benefit of the doubt he was used to with the enabler Jerruh.
I don't know, he is at the one franchise where he's kissed up to ownership almost as much as he did here. It's incredible that of 31 other teams, the only other one where he could get hired on his past sucking up rather than his production happened to be open.

I still wonder if Judge really realizes what he's dealing with there. He better have Kevlar sewn into the backs of all his shirts.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are they employed?

I never said they were unemployed. But Richard is not.

Assuming you ever had a job, if you get fired from one job but find a lesser job at half the pay, I guess your still employed right? Success!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well you say that but how many times has Chan Gailey been fired and then you look up he’s someone’s Oc?

Linehan is a retread. Just like Chan Gailey. He could’ve got another NFL job.

All evidence to the contrary.

He interviewed with several NFL teams and they all hired someone else. Accept reality.

lostar2009

Reaction score
You see this stuff all the time. Some of the coaches we have now been downgraded from prior positions, it's part of the NFL. But I do believe KR got a bad rap from that circus show last year. I saw it myself, some of the bs on the side line.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Somehow Lane Kiffin keeps getting jobs. He may be a good coach but he sure can burn a bridge.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You see this stuff all the time. Some of the coaches we have now been downgraded from prior positions, it's part of the NFL. But I do believe KR got a bad rap from that circus show last year. I saw it myself, some of the bs on the side line.

Its more rare in OC/DC positions especially when they have long track records at those positions. Linehan for example went from Detroits OC to our OC, but MM never took back from being a head coach.

It was indeed a circus of incompetent coaching last year.........and the rest of the league took notice. I was actually surprised the NYG gave Garret a lifeline.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rod Marinelli’s draft history when he was head coach in Detroit, when it comes to defensive players, is pretty damning. He just has no knack for picking out defensive players. Giving him any kind of voice in picking defensive players, as we did, especially linemen (oddly enough considering that should be the one position he’d have helpful input), was not very productive.

That's putting it mildly! Marinelli effectively cost us our 2017 1st round pick. How good does this defense look with TJ Watt at RDE today?

And his pet cat in 2019 is looking more and more like a non-factor and bust every day.

He destroyed this team's streak of top notch drafts. And now that he and Garrett are gone, 'suddenly' the team is back to killing it in the draft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All evidence to the contrary.

He interviewed with several NFL teams and they all hired someone else. Accept reality.
Who are you referring to? Richard? I only saw him interview for he Giants head coaching job and we know he wasn't getting that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The point is that they all took a step backward on the job ladder.

Amazing how many people can't connect dots.
Its amazing that people don't realize that once you get fired or let go from a job you don't get the same equal job at your next destination. Amazing.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The only one without a gig was everybody’s darling. Go figure.
There's another coach gone who has something in common with richard besides being unemployed. But i just want you to know with all your heart that Jason garrett will not be a head coach next year either.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Its amazing that people don't realize that once you get fired or let go from a job you don't get the same equal job at your next destination. Amazing.
Andy reid did. When youre good youre good. Mcarthy took a year off and got the same spot. Nobody named in the OP will get their old spot this year or next year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Thats a dumb thing to say considering Scott Linehan went from being Detroits OC to our OC. MM never took a step backward. Happens all the time.

Now I remember why I had you blocked for so long. You are a dummy but you don't know it.
Mike McCarthy wasn't a OC he was a head coach. And you had me blocked but you magically unblocked me? Goback to blocking me. You don't block someone and then tell them you blocked them you idiot. You block them and ignore them. Go back to blocking me I honestly don't even know you or even remember a post by you. Please do me a favor and go back to blocking me.

And btw, idiot Scott Lineman went from OC to our Passing Game coordinator.......go back to wherever you came from. "Happens all the time".....okay durhhhh......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Honestly, he never got a fair shake under Marinelli. He will get another chance.
And that's all I'm saying. But because he sucked under Garrett and MAranelli he can't coach. Hopefully he gets another shot to get that Maranelli and Garrett stench off of them.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Its more rare in OC/DC positions especially when they have long track records at those positions. Linehan for example went from Detroits OC to our OC, but MM never took back from being a head coach.

It was indeed a circus of incompetent coaching last year.........and the rest of the league took notice. I was actually surprised the NYG gave Garret a lifeline.

Jumping from HC to HC is hard in the NFL unless you a big proven name. Most HC flame out take and take leave, then come back again as a HC. But people forget JG as a OC had an upper tier offense. When they was thinking about firing him as OC there was heavy talks about the Ravens making him HC. JJ was feeling regret about his toy. I still believe he is respected in this league. But if he botch the Giants OC gig at best he may be a position coach moving forward.

jsb357

Reaction score
some around here wanted RIchards as the head coach in Dallas.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Yeah he’s one of the rare ones. Still to this day I don’t know how he pulled that finesse out.

Had JG worked here totally free I think the result would have been a little different .Never underestimate the silly structure JJ made for this club
also the relationship between the families complicate things more.... it is hard to work for a family business or close friends company.

I think JG will do fine now that he is on his own as for JJ maybe the experience with JG has changed him too to be a little less involved and listen to others more I think JJ this year is not the same JJ we used to know.
so at the end it will work for both.