News: Former Cowboys LB Leighton Vander Esch is retiring from the NFL

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Never really thought he was suited for the NFL and think we would have been more hesitant on drafting him if he and others didn't keep his neck issues so low key until entering the NFL. Just made his neck issues worse but at least he got his money.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Really sucks for LVE, but I think he has the right perspective.

He has a decently long career with some really nice moments.

Hopefully he doesn’t have any health complications in the future.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Wishing him the best. That 2018 season with him and Jaylon Smith was special. We thought we had something special that would last a long time.

Praxit

Reaction score
...good for him. Enjoy your young life.

Glad he was a Cowboy.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Yeah but if he comes to the Cowboys, you would support him so it can not work both ways
:laugh: Trent Williams is a bum...watched him alot last season. The guy knows he's protected by the NFL...He can literally do what he wants...will never get called. He gets away with holding more than any player in the league. Goodell protects his homes headed to the HOF. Personally...I don't think he deserves it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Ill be accepting apologies in my dms about this average player that a 1st round pick was wasted on Vander Trash knowing he had neck issues in college that has caused him an early out from the nfl. It didn't matter anyway because he was not a good player and no team wanted him the first time he hit free agency he knew there was no shot this time around.

birdwells1

Reaction score
No, I am not joking, he could be in the Ring of Honor due to his positive attitude and hard worker even though he has a short career
Dude had 1 good year (his rookie year) then injured his neck (the same injury from college) and started making business decisions playing middle linebacker. The Ring of Honor is for Hall of Fame caliber Super Bowl winners, not try hard great attitude guys.

Redline360

Reaction score
Seems like a stand up dude and glad he's retiring before something major happened. Health more important then football.

However he should have never been drafted that early or if at all. Only had one good season in 2018 and an average 2022. People act around here like he was a game changer for us. Was barely average imo

Proof

Reaction score
I remember the day we drafted him. Pissed. Ended up playing some great football. Incredibly smart and physical. Excited to see what he does post football. Skys the limit.
I wanted Derwin James so bad. Was initailly disappointed by the LVE selection, but quickly thought he and Jaylon were going to be the most dynamic lb corps in the league lol. oops

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wanted Derwin James so bad. Was initailly disappointed by the LVE selection, but quickly thought he and Jaylon were going to be the most dynamic lb corps in the league lol. oops
I mean they were. They were a great tandem for like 16 weeks lol. Then the Rams ran on us for 240 yards and just was never the same.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So, in hindsight, should we have spent a first-round pick on him?