News: Former Cowboys LB Leighton Vander Esch is retiring from the NFL

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Why is it that you always focus on me and not the topic? The other day you were complaining about me always arguing about QBs. I didn’t take a swipe at any particular poster. I take shots at the fan base all the time and the only fans that get offended are the ones that fall into the category I’m referring to. You must have been one of those who were bashing LVE.
at least you admit it. and for the record I never had a problem with LVE, I just think its poor timing of you to take shots at people when the guy announces his retirement.

Motorola

Reaction score

This is one of the main reasons of why team sports endures - and is acclaimed and celebrated: individuals from so many diverse backgrounds, upbringing, economic classes, social status, and racial differences, can bond together to work hard to achieve goals.
That teammates share, accept, and engage in things that they were not part of their life before...it's always refreshing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
at least you admit it. and for the record I never had a problem with LVE, I just think its poor timing of you to take shots at people when the guy announces his retirement.
I took a shot at the fans in general who constantly bashed him. I never call out individual fans with “mentions” like you do, so they’ll receive a notification. If LVE missed a tackle, the “LVE sucks” comments started popping up during the game chat from those who live in the moment. He received a lot of unjust criticism. He struggled to return to form after his neck injury and although he never got back to the level of play he showed as a rookie, he still was one of our better players. We felt the effects of not having him on the field for most of last season.

bigE79

Reaction score
Yeah but if he comes to the Cowboys, you would support him so it can not work both ways
Wrong,I couldn't stand Dion before he came here, while he was here and after he left,was never a true cowboy,same goes for any hired gun and even though I really liked Hailey,he was never a true cowboy and didn't deserve the ROH,when true cowboys like Harvey and too tall can't even get a sniff.

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m sad to lose him but I’m really happy he’s walking off the field on his own as opposed to be carted off on a stretcher. Neck injuries aren’t anything to mess with.

Thanks LVE for the memories and congratulations on a successful career. Enjoy your healthy retirement.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I just think its poor timing of you to take shots at people when the guy announces his retirement.
Like I said the shot was at the fans in general who spent a lot of time bashing him. I think the timing to take shots is perfect at those who refused to give him credit because it takes either a tragedy or a retirement for some players to receive love and appreciation.

CWR

Reaction score
I feel for him. My body wouldn't cooperate either. I never was able to bench 225x30 and run a sub 4.5. It's a big part of why I never made it to the pros.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I completely concur that he should retire for his own safety and that he seems to be a good person & try hard kinda guy. Appreciate him & wish him well.

However, I have no clue as to why anyone would think he is ROH worthy or possible HOFer if not injured. He was never anywhere near that level IMO. That's just an honest assessment of his play. Feels like we are grading through sentimental lens to say otherwise.

75boyz

Reaction score
Gave us an outstanding rookie year and decent performance thereafter WHEN he wasn't hurt.
He had the neck thing dating back to college so it should have honestly been as no surprise medically.

Just another in Jerry's long list of injured or character flawed high picks that didn't pan out.

Regardless, best wishes LVE, hope you have a good retirement and healthy body into your old age.